• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

noshten

I just realized I won't have my Wii U for Christmas, right in the feels

KrrqvJ.gif

Might as well paste the english version
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14842

Version 2.4.0

Matchmaking Adjustments:

In Regular Battle and Splatfest, players of similar skill will be matched more often.

Rainmaker Adjustments:

Added prohibited areas in Walleye Warehouse, Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall, and Flounder Heights in Rainmaker mode.

When players enter the prohibited area while carrying the Rainmaker, the amount of time they are allowed to hold the Rainmaker will decrease faster as a penalty.

Stage Adjustments:

Arowana Mall: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Port Mackerel: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Flounder Heights: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Museum D’Alfonsino: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Rainmaker mode.

Battle Fixes:

Fix the issue in Rainmaker mode in which the countdown moves more than usual when a player gets the Rainmaker in the air.
Fix the issue in Rainmaker mode in which the bombs’ blast waves inflict damage on the Rainmaker shield even when there are obstacles between the bomb and the shield.
Fix the issue in Rainmaker mode in which Splash Walls placed near each other by the same team take damage when one of them blocks an ink splat.
Fix the issue in which bombs that are thrown near a wall do not fly straight and makes contact with the wall.

Other:

Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

Good thing we have patch notes.

Nightii

Banned
Uninkable surfaces? Dang, I hate those, let me swim everywhere! The side paths in Urchin Underpass used to fully inkable, didn't they?

ChrisD

Uninkables also bugs me, even if I I can see the need for them. Just don't be lame and put them everywhere like Museum. Why is the Rainmaker addition of the block on the side not in every mode, again?

Nightii

Banned
Uninkables also bugs me, even if I I can see the need for them. Just don't be lame and put them everywhere like Museum. Why is the Rainmaker addition of the block on the side not in every mode, again?
I can only guess it's that way to encourage jumping to the enemy side via the central spinning platform, which is generally a bad idea, you will be totally seen doing that.

Unicorn

Looks like I may be buying a used Wii off Craigslist this Friday! Any deals on splatoon? I did just order the 3pack of amiibo from best buy. Are the items they add customizable to be viable?

Looks like I may be buying a used Wii off Craigslist this Friday! Any deals on splatoon? I did just order the 3pack of amiibo from best buy. Are the items they add customizable to be viable?
The gear you get from the amiibos aren't advantaged not disadvantaged over other gear you find in the game. They have an equal chance to roll all perks, but otherwise offer as much of a bonus as any other gear.

If you would like to see a list of gear, here is a link:
http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Gear

What you do get from amiibos which can't be replicated otherwise are small minigames that you can play while waiting in a lobby. You start off with 1 minigame (squid jump) and unlock 3 more from the challenges for amiibos.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

ChrisD

Do Story Mode in full, then do the Squid amiibo challenges to get the BEST waiting lobby mini game of all: the SOUND TEST.

I played on tilt today. Went from 36 to 15. :X

Ran into Goya during the run. Good thing I was against him since I played like garbage and probably dragged the whole team down.

Richie

Has it been pointed out how out of character Naughty going to Callie and Nice going to Marie is gonna feel? The gal who chose Money over Love can't be saddled with Nice!

Robotguy

I'm willing to believe Callie is naughty in private, but I think it's out of character for her to publicly back it.

I'm not willing be believe Marie being nice. :p

ss-hikaru

I'm willing to believe Callie is naughty in private, but I think it's out of character for her to publicly back it.

I'm not willing be believe Marie being nice. :p

Marie is side money, of course she is gonna pretend to be nice to get free stuff from Santa Ika this Christmas!

noshten

New interview
Splatoon Devs Talk Future Updates And Why The Series Wouldn't Work On 3DS

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ries-wouldnt-work-on-3ds.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Kinda of disappointing they didn't ask about spectator mode my biggest pet peeve with the game

Freaking based Splatoon devs! Do they browse GAF or something? Does my whiny bitching have actual power??

This will make Splatfests even more time consuming... so like I was saying earlier, FestGAF

In Regular Battle and Splatfest, players of similar skill will be matched more often.

Freaking based Splatoon devs! Do they browse GAF or something? Does my whiny bitching have actual power??

Has it been pointed out how out of character Naughty going to Callie and Nice going to Marie is gonna feel? The gal who chose Money over Love can't be saddled with Nice!

Callie is more than naughty; she's a menace.

Callie splats people that aren't playing.
Drives a car without a license.
Leaves her room messy.
Likes grasshoppers, the most vile insect on earth second only to the wasp.
She eats her fellow squids and enjoys their flesh with lemon tea.
You wouldn't pirate a car, would you? She would. And has. Maybe. I don't do math.
Who's her favorite character from Courage the Cowardly Dog? Freaky Fred. Yeah, shocking, I know. Especially when the best character and episode factually and legally is King Ramses.
AND...she likes pineapples on pizza. Not only that, she probably likes pineapples on her fellow squids. Picture that. I won't. Gruesome. In a kids' game no less.

Zombies!

I don't know if you've seen Callie and Marie's conversation over the theme, but needless to say Callie is sort of incredulous about being assigned to Naughty while Marie is assigned to Nice :)

Who's her favorite character from Courage the Cowardly Dog? Freaky Fred. Yeah, shocking, I know. Especially when the best character and episode factually and legally is King Ramses.

I'm pretty sure most people who like/watch Courage is messed up somehow.

IE Most people who say '90s were the best thing ever

Richie

You folks are the greatest and posting my concerns with this was the best thing I've ever done in Gaming Community. Thanks a lot for that video, just, wooooow, Callie showing her claws and Marie left speechless. Awesome Youtube title too.

Can't wait to see how the results play out.

DeathPeak

So, I noticed my wii u had screwed up my time and date for some reason. Went to go change the time. Since I've changed the time, I can't go online to play Splatoon. Any suggestions? Do I have to wait for the next day to change or something?

Robotguy

So, I noticed my wii u had screwed up my time and date for some reason. Went to go change the time. Since I've changed the time, I can't go online to play Splatoon. Any suggestions? Do I have to wait for the next day to change or something?
I beliece Nintendo is doing server maintenance right now, whish is probably why you can't get on.

DeathPeak

So could it just be a coincidence that I was playing, changed the time on my Wii U, and then couldn't sign on cause they started maintenance right at that moment?

Edit: Seems they started maintenance at 10:01, and I remember changing the time on my wii u to 9:56, so yeah, it looks like it was just coincidence. At least I'm hoping. .

ChrisD

Not sure if it's scheduled or not, but it's definitely coincidence. You haven't screwed anything up with your console, don't worry.

I took advantage of the server's downtime and ran through all of the Boy Amiibo's challenges since they were all un-played and he was just sitting there. Some actual, honest challenges in it! Unlike Girl's with Charger. =p

So that is what Quarry and Office look like, huh.

Ah so in Splatfests I wont have matches or me and 3 headless chickens against TeH h@mm3r bros (except the names are partially Cyrillic instead of 1337). On the other hand getting vibes of 20+ is going to be a lot tougher (I quit at King as tryharding is lame, in theory that means 37 is a perfect score) as is getting through a Splatfest quickly.

For further reference Spyke/shop midnight refreshes uses the Nintendo Network time for the country of your NNID instead and you must be online to access them (it is not like those 3DS games where you change the clock and it is "you must be trying to cheat, better 3 days for daily stuff to refresh you CHEATER"
Surprised they don't rename your character CHEATER
). Might be out by an hour in Russia if the Miiverse loading screen is anything to go by.

Geg

Ancho-V Games is likely the studio that developed Splatoon in-universe. There's concept art and other easter eggs all over the stage just based on that video. Makes me wonder what Callie and Marie's dialog for it will be

Also it took me a second to remember that Piranha is a type of fish and not just a Mario thing when I first saw that stage name lol

J@hranimo

Banned
I just had the best solo rainmaker match on Flounder ever.

So my team is losing the entire time, like 72-14 distance, and the last 30 seconds they grab the 🐟 and take it back to their base. I'm like "oh shit, I need to get after them and stop the retreat! I pursue him and he tries to go up the block on the right side that leads to their base...and they falls off the side when trying to swim up!

So I take my trusty carbon deco and SPLAT! They're done. Luckily, two of my teammates followed right after me and they grabbed the 🐟 and we frantically run it into their base and SLAM DUNK for the win!

Really wish I had recording equipment just for that moment. Ah, so good.

---

In other news, hooray last two maps! Ancho-V Games is awesome for implementing the rising platform mechanic from Hero Mode. I wish the devs could have implemented the ink lines into a map, but it's all good.

ChrisD

YOOO, Saltspray Rig Rainmaker is in rotation five-and-a-half hours after this post!

How long has it been?!
I know it was basically removed because it's not a very good stage for the mode, but I haven't played it personally since August

Top Bottom