• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

noshten

I'm almost 1000 hours, but probably at least 300 of those are AFK since I usually have Splatoon turned on even while not playing.

abd

Yeah, I saw it in stores in the following week, but got busy with finishing up school and ramping back up at work.

The order is still "in process" and was supposed to be ready for pick up 2 hours ago. Night shift will be in full swing now, so I don't expect the status to change until tomorrow anyway. I see some other stores on the west side have them listed in stock, but I fucking paid for my local store pick-up. Logically, I would think they'd pull stock from those stores and ship it to the store where I am buying.

But much of Wal-mart is not logical, so we'll see. Worse case scenario, I'll get a refund and then I'll just find some old stuff to pawn to gamestop and buy a wii and splatoon that way to try and save a bit of money if I can't get the bundle.

Hey I am in Phoenix too, and you should check Frys Electronics first for these types of things. When everyone was out of the Amiibo, Frys had five sets of the three pack.

nom

NSTC played some tournament games on Sunday and just so happened to have a stream for each player so as an experiment I put one of the matches together side by side here

it's a little hectic lol

Unicorn

Walmart finally just cancelled and refunded me the money.

Fucking Gamestop has shit for trade-in values. 35$ for my 360?! fuck off.

I don't know what route to take for a good deal on a Wii U.
Hey I am in Phoenix too, and you should check Frys Electronics first for these types of things. When everyone was out of the Amiibo, Frys had five sets of the three pack.

Yeah, nothing. I did check there first online a day or so ago.

Robotguy

Who are the GAF members in NTSC/Part Time Warriors? Wait, it's all GAF members right?
ATM

GAF
Burnburn
DaBoss
Goya
Heng
James (nom)
Redfyn
Robotguy
Ryechu
Saro
Sendou
Smashkirby
SM239
Toadsili T
Totakeke
Walkman04

Non-GAF

HalfEatenDonut
Justice~ynnaD
PKfuzzy
Samura1man

Jamtin

Neo Member

Wow, it was amazing to see this from your angle Azure. I didn't realize the kill I got on you was so incredible until I saw the footage! Anyway, it has been fun playing with you all on the Discord server & I look forward to more matches in the future.

As for the recent topic in the tread I am at around 412 hours on the game based on the Wii U's clock, but it is probably closer to around 400, since I let my nephew play with the game for a decent amount of time on my file.

ss-hikaru

ATM

GAF
Burnburn
DaBoss
Goya
Heng
James (nom)
Redfyn
Robotguy
Ryechu
Saro
Sendou
Smashkirby
SM239
Toadsili T
Totakeke
Walkman04

Non-GAF

HalfEatenDonut
Justice~ynnaD
PKfuzzy
Samura1man

Oh wow big team, for some reason I was expecting a lot smaller due to a comment earlier about how Part Time Warriors only happens when you guys can field 2 teams. How do you guys choose who participates in tournaments?

Must.........

Resist........

(TBH they're a touch too derpy for me to bite.)

Yeh I think they're really derp too XD But surprised they are back in stock since they were out of stock by the time knew they existed haha.

Robotguy

Oh wow big team, for some reason I was expecting a lot smaller due to a comment earlier about how Part Time Warriors only happens when you guys can field 2 teams. How do you guys choose who participates in tournaments?

Yeh I think they're really derp too XD But surprised they are back in stock since they were out of stock by the time knew they existed haha.
We usually want like 10-12 people available if we're doing two teams so we can sub if necessary and some people can't make it to a lot of the tournaments because they're busy with school or work or something.

We usually have someone designated as captain for a tournament who selects the lineup, but often our tournament lineup is whichever four people are actually online at the tournament start time.

nom

To anyone interested in another GAFHouse tournament, we're currently looking at deciding a date for the next one - possibly doing it over the Christmas break.

If you want to play, vote for the days that are suitable for you here: ***Quote Me***

(no times yet just getting a feel for availability)

I've been playing around with different build types, bankrupting myself in the process and dwindling my recently gained snail stash.

For one, I went with gear with all run speed boosts as mains so I could get as close as possible and stay on people while using the Slosher or the Roller. I've had some success, but I'm pretty sure when I was playing with Ninja things (Jump and Squid) I felt like I was able to KO people a bit more reliably.

Recently, I went full Damge Up as mains while using the Splattershot Jr. I figured fire rate would benefit the most from this. It seems to be working really well.

Are there any other specialized builds worth checking out? I had a scattershot of stats but Jack of All Trades didn't seem to do much.

SM239

I've been playing around with different build types, bankrupting myself in the process and dwindling my recently gained snail stash.

For one, I went with gear with all run speed boosts as mains so I could get as close as possible and stay on people while using the Slosher or the Roller. I've had some success, but I'm pretty sure when I was playing with Ninja things (Jump and Squid) I felt like I was able to KO people a bit more reliably.

Recently, I went full Damge Up as mains while using the Splattershot Jr. I figured fire rate would benefit the most from this. It seems to be working really well.

Are there any other specialized builds worth checking out? I had a scattershot of stats but Jack of All Trades didn't seem to do much.

My favorite specialized build at the moment is a run speed up Zink Mini build.
0HSY9vK.png

35 Points of run speed up to increase the already fast movement speed of the Zink Mini.
12 Points special charge up to help build bubbler.
Ink resistance to help with walking speed when steeping into enemy ink since the splatling guns need to walk more than any other shooting weapon class.

This has been a great run and gun build. The bubbler is great for making a push into dangerous areas or taking on multiple enemies at once and making it out alive.

Geg

0HSY9vK.png

35 Points of run speed up to increase the already fast movement speed of the Zink Mini.
Ink resistance to help with walking speed when steeping into enemy ink since the splatling guns need to walk more than any other shooting weapon class.

This has been a great run and gun build. The bubbler is great for making a push into dangerous areas or taking on multiple enemies at once and making it out alive.

3664787-1392402077679.jpg

backlot

0HSY9vK.png

I prefer my build because I don't have to dress like Harry Potter.

oApir3V.png

nom

Also for anyone that is getting interested in tournaments, there is another 'for fun' one this Saturday 19th (Time: 11AM PST / 2 PM EST / 7 PM GMT / 8 PM CET)

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/3u8cyk/xmastival_a_christmas_tournameme_19_december_2015/

Basically you get assigned to a team at random, and that team can only use that weapon. So you don't need to have a team already, you can just sign up on your own.

Another one coming up, a bit more serious, is the S&F Low Power tournament (date may change but atm it's 26th-27th December). You'll need a team for this, NSTC plan to enter a few teams so let me or someone know in Discord if you're interested.

What makes this tournament so special is the following weapons are banned:
Tentatek Splattershot
Octoshot Replica
.52 Gal
.52 Gal Deco
.96 Gal
.96 Gal Deco
Luna Blaster
Neo Luna Blaster
Dynamo Roller
Gold Dynamo Roller
Krak-on Splat Roller
E-Liter 3K
E-Liter 3K Scope
Custom E-Liter 3K
Custom E-Liter 3K Scope
Kelp Splat Charger
Kelp Splatterscope
Custom Blaster
Custom Range Blaster
Custom Jet Squelcher
L-3 Nozzlenose D

so if you're sick of seeing the same old weapons in ranked this might be the tournament for you ;)

Azure J

Holy shit I want in on both of those tournaments. :eek:

Also, who'd be available later tonight for an impromptu private room? My brother's Wii U got in and now I'm thinking its time for Team Azure vs. Team Saro.

phanphare

Banned

noshten

I'm interested in organizing via discord for Splatfest, anyone on GAF planning on trying to form a squad for fast King/Queen - team nice or naughty doesn't matter to me

Yikes. That looks like a lot of fun.

I'm still new and in the leveling process, so I'm also making due with what I can get regarding some of the sub-abilities that gear can get.

I just had a pair of rounds where someone with the Splatterscope just wrecked anyone trying the left side. He was in a hard to hit place and had so much ground between him and any attacker. His fully charged shots were 1-shotting me and my team, so I started thinking about making a defensive build, even though I much prefer playing fast glass cannons.

JCX

To anyone interested in another GAFHouse tournament, we're currently looking at deciding a date for the next one - possibly doing it over the Christmas break.

If you want to play, vote for the days that are suitable for you here: ***Quote Me***

(no times yet just getting a feel for availability)

Filled it out. Wanted to do the last one but was busy.

Also for anyone that is getting interested in tournaments, there is another 'for fun' one this Saturday 19th (Time: 11AM PST / 2 PM EST / 7 PM GMT / 8 PM CET)

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/3u8cyk/xmastival_a_christmas_tournameme_19_december_2015/

Basically you get assigned to a team at random, and that team can only use that weapon. So you don't need to have a team already, you can just sign up on your own.

Another one coming up, a bit more serious, is the S&F Low Power tournament (date may change but atm it's 26th-27th December). You'll need a team for this, NSTC plan to enter a few teams so let me or someone know in Discord if you're interested.

What makes this tournament so special is the following weapons are banned:

so if you're sick of seeing the same old weapons in ranked this might be the tournament for you ;)
Huh... no gals and no long(er) range chargers? All 3 Pros will probably get an increase in usage (Splattershot Pro, Forge Splattershot Pro, Rapid Blaster Pro).

Top Bottom