• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Um

Is this the prohibited zones thing or a glitch

Was playing Museum Rainmaker, and our counter never went below 99 even when we moved it forward. Unless we somehow managed to skirt the edge of what constituted "closer" every time.

J@hranimo

Banned
Um

Was playing Museum Rainmaker, and our counter never went below 99 even when we moved it forward. Unless we somehow managed to skirt the edge of what constituted "closer" every time.

Sounds like a weird glitch. Then again I'm not sure if Museum got any prohibited zones.

DaBoss

Winning your first game of the day in Overtime.

Feels good, man.

Edit for a second post. Dead thread today. :|

I just used the Inkbrush (Nouveau) for three hours straight... My middle finger really hurts right about now.

Made me wonder which finger you guys use as the trigger finger. Pointer, Middle, or by some ungodly power your Ring/Pinkie?
Pointer, always.
Um

The only explanation I can think of (outside of a glitch) is that you guys moving the wrong way with the RM, which is highly unlikely.

Geg

I've seen weird lag issues cause the tower to stop moving in tower control, it's probably something similar there

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Is it neutral bomb/CTF, basically? Get the thing and drop it in enemy tower?

Yes, it's similar to neutral bomb. After you destroy the shield, grab the Rainmaker and try to take it as close the the podium near the enemy base as you can. If you can place it on the podium your team wins instantly, otherwise whichever team got the closest to it will win.

Geg

Yeah, grab the fish thing and take it to the platform/goal thing on the enemy's side of the map. You move slower while carrying it and can only use a big inkzooka-like attack that you have to charge up before using. You're mostly reliant on your teammates to defend you and create a path for you, and if someone else on your team has it you defend them & create paths for them. And obviously when the enemy team has it you have to kill the rainmaker holder to stop their advance.

It's the most dynamic and complex of all the game modes and requires a lot of practice and learning map routes and such to really get good at it

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
And keep in mind that the spot you have to get the Rainmaker to is different than the enemy spawn point, although it's probably nearby.

nom

SecondaryAggressiveEarthworm.gif

Splatoon 2: Double Dash

noshten

Nikki has been teasing some stuff on twitter, I'm hyped

Nikki ☆ ‏@NWPlayer123 16h16 hours ago
I don't expect to see any of this new unannounced stuff until at least late February/Early March in a Direct, too soon otherwise

ffdgh

I don't expect to see any of this new unannounced stuff until at least late February/Early March in a Direct, too soon otherwise

Ehhh....can't really buy it considering things start winding down in January. And that whole octolings in october thing...and the supposed Callie/Marie/Octoling amiibos. >_>

J@hranimo

Banned

:lol

She's really gotta stop with this fake speculation of Nintendo Directs. We don't even know the new formats for the Directs yet!

ChrisD

I think she's implying that she data mined new content but doesn't want to spoil it.

If it's this, that's cool.
But they have said some pretty dumb things in the past that had to be for attention. That's like... the easiest way to ruin your reputation.

Will hope what they say is true, but keeping expectations in check since January being the end of Splatoon's DLC seems to be the official say.

Kito

My best guess would be SP campaign expansions, unlockable via some new amiibo.

Jintor

there's probably a really good marketing/logistics reason not to do it but i've always felt like amiibos should just include dlc with them (not locked behind). buy cloud amiibo and get cloud dlc for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

/edit and where's my goddamn amiibo fashion for squids?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
If playable Octolings were locked behind an amiibo I dread to think what the reaction would be like D:

None of the flavors but salt would be chosen ever again.

there's probably a really good marketing/logistics reason not to do it but i've always felt like amiibos should just include dlc with them (not locked behind). buy cloud amiibo and get cloud dlc for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yeah, that would be a nicer implementation of them. Nintendo probably fears that they'd sell worse, I think they'd still sell boatloads.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I was thinking more Squid Sisters amiibo and you get to play as Agents 1 and 2 with a roller and charger respectively.

oh shit. Callie and Marie Amiibos would cause riots to break out in Japan* when the supply is inevitably constrained.

*and everywhere else probably

Top Bottom