• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ss-hikaru

Out range them, and main the Custom Jet Squelcher for a while.

Recently I've been seeing quite a few people try to counter me (with zink mini) by going around me in circles while dipping in and out of the ink. I guess they think that since I need to charge up and in order to kill need to land like 5 or so hits that they can catch me from behind eventually or something. Feels so good once I catch onto them implementing that 'strategy' to just stop following them, charge up take a few steps back and unload and kill them. They look so stupid and in the end they die anyway LOL.

ChrisD

I thought you were doing good with Splatterscope? E-Liters just take a bit more to get used to. What's the problem with them?

Splatterscope is fun to me because I use it like a mid-range with short charges. E-Liter doesn't mesh well with me, I don't like long-range fighting.

And if I want to use Burst Bombs I play Splattershot.

Azure J

Splatterscope is outright more fun to play than E-Liter just because of its speed. People will say "use more damage up on E-Liter" in response, but I just kinda like knowing that I don't need to gauge charges too much & that I can just rapidly attempt to out speed someone with full charge shots. (Partial charges to CQC.)

...that all said, E-Liters lately have gotten to the point where I immensely hate the range disadvantage I'm at with a Splatterscope.

J@hranimo

Banned
I can sorta agree with E-Liters being the no nonsense charger, but I feel with it's search and destroy kit, it begs itself to have that reputation. I did try it for a while, but I stopped simply because the kelp splatterscope is the best thing ever haha.

Also my weird charger play style makes it more challenging than ever to follow opponents and get the snipe while it's zooming it. I prefer the scopeless E-Liter nowadays anyway.

Robotguy

Weren't you the one that said a while back that it's the easiest stage to win on with 96D?

Super late edit: wait, you're a 52. Guess that does change things a bit with loss of range/Kraken
Nah, that was me. I play .96/.52/CJS/Carbon.
And yeah, cheesing triggerfish zones in solo queue with .96 was easy. Don't like it though. The way the map is designed it's too hard to come back once you get locked out.

ChrisD

I WAS using it

I have developed the headcanon that Sheldon is a closet metal head

It does feel pretty dumb when you have a team that can cover ground for you (anyone with mid-long range). I have a ton of fun with it, but I fear when it catches on like the other few meta weapons. It's going to be the most bothersome to fight.

When there's a grand total of one kill in a game. :lol
We popped the RM, I grabbed it, pathed it, and dunked. I guess everyone else was involved in a firefight or something.

ffdgh

When there's a grand total of one kill in a game. :lol
We popped the RM, I grabbed it, pathed it, and dunked. I guess everyone else was involved in a firefight or something.

Had that happen to me on rainmaker triggerfish once. Everybody on the other team took the side paths for some reason. We pop the shield, teamate grabs the fish and then I paint(octobrush) the way down the main path to the goal without ever seeing the opposing team. Easiest win I ever had in S lol.

Malus

Got pushed back into our base on Flounder Heights Rainmaker. Took it around the right side (apparently a "no rainmaker zone" now, haven't been playing lately) and watched the whole opposing team fail to chase us as we dunked it lol.

ffdgh

Got pushed back into our base on Flounder Heights Rainmaker, Take it around the right side (apparently a "no rainmaker zone" now, haven't been playing lately) and watch the whole opposing team fail to chase us as we dunk it lol.

gotta love when they forget how to super jump to spawn lol.

ChrisD

Fell to S again (err... again again? Again? idk how I would even say it anymore) last night off of an eighteen loss spree.

Now I got pitted against a full S+ team as a full S team and I lost seven points for it... Seven. I was at 60. Wasn't even high up in the tier. Now I remember why I told myself I'd never make it to + before. The point gain/loss is just ridiculously broken. :L

Malus

Fell to S again (err... again again? Again? idk how I would even say it anymore) last night off of an eighteen loss spree.

Now I got pitted against a full S+ team as a full S team and I lost seven points for it... Seven. I was at 60. Wasn't even high up in the tier. Now I remember why I told myself I'd never make it to + before. The point gain/loss is just ridiculously broken. :L

Made it to S+ a while back and now I'm on a new profile, where I can experience the S level hell without worrying about points :)

I still get salty about the points sometimes

Azure J

Nah, that was me. I play .96/.52/CJS/Carbon.
And yeah, cheesing triggerfish zones in solo queue with .96 was easy. Don't like it though. The way the map is designed it's too hard to come back once you get locked out.

Someone needs to edit this image:

ssf4.png

So that on the left you see the other team composition and their plans of attack as they come up the main lane on Triggerfish and the dude on the right is the other POV of the guy playing 96D throwing splash wall against the wall near their ramp and camping them out.

It's really that easy-bake.

ChrisD

Made it to S+ a while back and now I'm on a new profile, where I can experience the S level hell without worrying about points :)

I still get salty about the points sometimes

I made it to S+ (for the third time) Thursday, didn't play at all on Friday, and then played a tiny bit of TW on Saturday annnnd... Played tilted on Sunday, hence the eighteen losses. My salt is unmatched when I'm on tilt. :p

It's funny though because I feel I play well enough to be in low S+ on my good mindset. Once I go tilt though, I blame everything else (sometimes deserved, 99% of the time not), go hyper negative, and just keep going.. and going... and going. Bashing my head into a brick wall that I set up for myself.

So really I'm just the most hypocritical person out there, since I'm sure too many of my posts are complaining about others play when I do the same on the wrong mindset.

The above image is what I believe every Wall user is running through their heads on stages that work with them. ;-;

Ahnez

So that on the left you see the other team composition and their plans of attack as they come up the main lane on Triggerfish and the dude on the right is the other POV of the guy playing 96D throwing splash wall against the wall near their ramp and camping them out.

Are you implying that winning with
the broken as hell
vergil is as easy as winning with the .96 gal deco?

I play with both Vergil and 96D..

Am I part of the problem?

So is this why Marth got nerfed to hell and back in Smash 4?

Regiruler

Ninja vs. barbarian starting early?

Moondrop

Banned
I'm putting the L3D aside for now. I truly believe it's one of the most versatile, well-rounded weapons; got me back to A+ after my H3 shenanigans. And you can practically man the sniper perches in some matches if there are no chargers present. But there's something unreliable about burst bombs as a main. Too many times the bombs don't seem to register as near misses and I get mowed down by gals/tentateks/nzaps in a direct confrontation. Also using 25% of your ink tank per shot is a severe liability when facing two or more foes at once.

Going to return to the tri-slosher. Build: 2x special charge up, 2x swim speed, 1x quick respawn, 1x ink saver sub (freshness-related).

I had a lousy play session in Ranked earlier today. It was Tower Control at the Museum and Moray Towers. I never found a groove and dropped from A- to B. I then decided to play Turf War to level up some clothes and didn't win a single match. Very lousy day.

ChrisD

Don't we need like 30,000 posts or something to get to OT5? :p

Precisely my joking point with OT6. With how much banter that goes on it would make it really fast... if the messages were instantaneous, and mods didn't crack down on everyone for going OT, lol.

I can't figure out how to get a screengrab from Youtube, but I had a game tonight where a teammate was hopping off of the opening cliff of Bluefin Depot repeatedly. Ended up 0/21. Somehow we won.

I don't even know. It was so weird. And frustrating.

phanphare

Banned
Drag some of that Discord over and we'd hit OT6 in record time. :p

I feel like I'm the only guy now who likes Splatlings but still doesn't have Sonic incarnate.

I still use the heavy splatling a lot. that's my alternate weapon choice if I'm not feeling the splattershot.

Soul Lab

yo guys. I'm slowly coming back to Splatoon.
So I wanna ask the the pros here what are the best skills?
I scrolled throught the last couple of pages and saw many run speed icons. Is run speed that good?

Are there any recommended gear sets for specific weapons out there?

backlot

yo guys. I'm slowly coming back to Splatoon.
So I wanna ask the the pros here what are the best skills?
I scrolled throught the last couple of pages and saw many run speed icons. Is run speed that good?

Different weapons prefer different skills. Run speed is good on splatlings since they have to stand to charge and don't swim very often.

What weapons do you use?

Top Bottom