• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Kito

Regiruler

Please add me to the list.

yrorYRV.jpg

Why take the screenshot at that stat?

You didn't even take the picture when you got S+, you had to get 39 more points or something?

abd

Why take the screenshot at that stat?

You didn't even take the picture when you got S+, you had to get 39 more points or something?

I was getting ready for the class photo. I didn't like that hat, and those shoes don't fit too well. I borrowed a fresh shirt from a friend, but they told me I missed the photo session! My parents were disappointed, but they rescheduled and so here I am.

ChrisD

A thorough explanation. :p

Good games earlier, Diego. Kind of? :L Sorry for your sucky luck with teammates on Warehouse. What was that, two D/C's and one mega negative player?

That entire domination on Piranha Pit was on-point.

ChrisD

Just a heads up, Wii U hacking is full steam ahead now and I'm assuming Splatoon will be ruined now soon. :/

*Sigh* It was fun while it lasted.

This makes me seriously question if that guy who was warping around, throwing an endless supply of bombs the other night wasn't just lagging badly...

Silhouette of the Splat Roller from Volume 2.

Kind of want another Carbon... With Bubbler.
So that's what I'll guess at.

Edit: Orioto finished a really nice Splatoon piece today. :eek:

ChrisD

Who said it has to be that silhouette tho, what if this pack has TWO Rollers?

Really I just want a Roller (not Inkbrush) with Bubbler. Carbon would simply be the funnest BubbleRoller.

Regiruler

Just a heads up, Wii U hacking is full steam ahead now and I'm assuming Splatoon will be ruined now soon. :/

*Sigh* It was fun while it lasted.

Anyone who is remotely for this needs to be taken to task and thoroughly destroyed.

I don't care about their fucking gamecube adapters, they let cheats onto the system. They do not value the closed system, and they need to be eradicated from the GAF community.

ChrisD

My favorite combo, though I'm somewhat skeptical as that may be too much overlap with custom blaster.

Neo Sploosh has the exact same kit as Heavy Deco, and they're both Shooters technically speaking, so there's not even like a "well this is a Blaster, and this is a Roller so it's fine" (also one of the Squiffers). It's not completely unwarranted for two weapons to have identical things. ^^

Nightii

Banned
On this night, I reached the promised land! RAISE YOUR BUCKETS IN CELEBRATION!

WHAT A RIDE!

I decided to go for it when the Camp/Games Zones rotation started 4 hours ago, since Slosher Deco is super good on Camp Zones, started at S 71 and it was a bumpy road from then onwards, including one DC and one death at the hands of the Ancho-V fans (really). By the time the rotation ended I was at S 99, and being told by my sensible friends on SplatGAf to wait since I hate TC and I was super anxious, but I didn't listen and went ahead to Skatepark TC for the rank up win, it was tense as hell lol.

I want to thank Azure J for enduring my harrassement so often with buckets, Tomato for helping me get so many good gear builds, SM for destroying me over and over lol, hyperV for being my partner in buckets shenanigans, and all of my good friends at the SplatGAF Discord server for being so good to me and playing with me, you folks molded me into the Bucket of Mass Annoyance that I am today, getting bopped so often paid off in spades lol!

drops dead

Kinokou

Someone might remember me making the statement that Splatoon is the best game I never played. Well a few weeks ago I played 2 rounds of local two player, now I i just woke up from dreaming about turf wars, and it's not the first time. I haven't even looked at any videos of the game since last summer...

Nightii

Banned
This was what I used to get to S+, btw.

Pretty good for all Sloshers, I think. Bomb Sniffer and those Def Up subs make you almost laugh at Burst Bombs, SSU is always a winner, and the ISS points help me have plenty of ink on the tank after a Wall or Bomb.

Plus it looks good, imo!

ChrisD

Oh man, way to go, Nighty! Also the first GAF member to bring a Bucket in S+, I believe!

Your dedication to them is insane - do you play other weapons, or are you legitimately just a bucket-slinger? :eek:

Nightii

Banned
Only buckets here, man! I pretty much stopped playing other weapon types about a month in, I just didn't care about them as much as I did buckets, which just fit me like a glove.

Feels good to be able to make it so far with just them too!

J@hranimo

Banned
Nighty's buckets are the strongest buckets >:O

Congrats man! It has been something since you first started playing with SplatGAF, it is like the hyperbolic time chamber for getting gud :p

Also congrats PreyingShark for reaching A-! That's also pretty good for starting back with the game recently too.

Azure J

It's still really cool to see how far people push once they've gotten used to SplatGAF™ shenanigans. Good on ya Nighty, glad to hear it was a fun (if tense) ride too.

ChrisD

It's still really cool to see how far people push once they've gotten used to SplatGAF™ shenanigans. Good on ya Nighty, glad to hear it was a fun (if tense) ride too.

I need to get back to playing with you guys. I hopped into Nighty's lobby (which turned into half full GAF haha) the other night, and Diego was in one the day after that. But it's been months since playing with a whole SplatGAF group.

When do you guys play, typically? It used to be pretty consistent, but when I go to check at those times now, nobody on my list is playing.

Anyone who is remotely for this needs to be taken to task and thoroughly destroyed.

I don't care about their fucking gamecube adapters, they let cheats onto the system. They do not value the closed system, and they need to be eradicated from the GAF community.

I think it's acceptable to edit gear abilities because of the stupid ordering system. I wouldn't blame people for doing so.

As always since the NWFC, Nintendo is to blame for their pathetic anti-cheat measures. Mario Kart Wii was full of hackers and Nintendo didn't do shit.

Regiruler

I think it's acceptable to edit gear abilities because of the stupid ordering system. I wouldn't blame people for doing so.

As always since the NWFC, Nintendo is to blame for their pathetic anti-cheat measures. Mario Kart Wii was full of hackers and Nintendo didn't do shit.

While nintendo does need to be blamed for their lack of countermeasures, the cheaters themselves are the ones that need to take the greater majority of the fault. They're the ones defiling the system.

And no, it's not acceptable. You play by the game's rules to play the game, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Yeah sure let's pretend nobody ever used save scumming to get gear they wanted, especially players of higher ranks… this is basically the same, only faster.

StAidan

I need to get back to playing with you guys. I hopped into Nighty's lobby (which turned into half full GAF haha) the other night, and Diego was in one the day after that. But it's been months since playing with a whole SplatGAF group.

When do you guys play, typically? It used to be pretty consistent, but when I go to check at those times now, nobody on my list is playing.

In my experience SplatGAF is most active between 6pm-11pm EST, in either squads, turf war, or whatever. Sometimes the festivities kick in a little earlier or extend a little later. Some days it also just happens to be pretty dead :) But that's more an exception.

Regiruler

Yeah sure let's pretend nobody ever used save scumming to get gear they wanted, especially players of higher ranks… this is basically the same, only faster.

I looked down on that in the exact same way.

If you do either, you're worse than trash for promoting a negative status quo.

Javier

New Splatfest announced:

PmwcT3B.jpg

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/HJHM4lG17AxpoQoZaQhaqbowNxAqDFIM

Get ready for the next Splatoon Splatfest on 5/13

First, there was Splatoon in Miitomo! Well now, there’s Miitomo in Splatoon!

Our next Splatfest theme is brought to you by Miitomo! Would you rather go to a fancy party or a costume party? Head to Inkopolis Plaza and cast your vote for the next Splatfest!

…and since it’s a party, this Splatfest will be held simultaneously in all regions! For the first time ever, players in all regions will be matched up to play in Splatfest – and the results will be global.

The party starts 5/13 at 8 PM PT and ends at 3 AM PT on 5/15. When it’s time to party we will party hard!

For more information about Splatoon, visit the official site.

#TeamCostumeParty

Yesterday I learned that there is a time limit to collect your sea snails from the splatfest. I never received my 24 snails from the last splatfest :(

My fault for not playing Splatoon for two weeks straight :V

backlot

I feel like with save scumming you're at least still playing the game. Gear editing is straight up bypassing the gear acquisition part of the game. I don't think scumming and editing are really equivalent.

RedFyn

Its not worth my time to worry about people having perfect gear. I just don't want anything that isn't possible without cheating to affect the game.

Someone is going to give themselves 9999 Splatfest Power. Calling it.
That would be unfortunate. Not only to put them in 1st on the splatfest rankings when it is clearly not possible, but they probably wouldn't be able to play against anyone due to their splatfest power being that high.

Top Bottom