• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Well I lost. Good game Marshmallows and Hot Dogs. Now waiting for someone to post the breakdown image as I don't want to turn on my TV just to check.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
HAHAHA Team Hot Dog wins with 52% and with only 36% popularity.

Da bess

Edit: oh wait no there was more bs points afterwards. Damn that's lame :l

Jims

The Marshmallows may be a flaming mess on the Splatoon battlefield but, dang it, there's a lot of us.

What did Hot Dogs need? Another 3% win rate?

Jachaos

Well I lost. Good game Marshmallows and Hot Dogs. Now waiting for someone to post the breakdown image as I don't want to turn on my TV just to check.

I just saw it and I think it's:

Marshmallows get the Pop: 64-36
Hot Dogs get the Win Rate: 52-48 (x4)

256-244 Team Marshmallows.

The Marshmallows may be a flaming mess on the Splatoon battlefield but, dang it, there's a lot of us.

What did Hot Dogs need? Another 3% win rate?

2% actually. Would've added 8 points and substracted 8 from Marshmallows, making the total 252-248 Hot Dogs.

J@hranimo

Banned
Marshmallows: 64% Popularity, 48% Win rate (x4) = 256
Hotdogs: 36% Popularity, 52% Win rate (x4) = 244

Welp. It's still a numbers game! lol

SsZYV7F.jpg

I called it. Look at the spoiler tags:

SatoAilDarko said:
Today, I AM A HOT DOG KING!

Mind you I can't imagine doing this for every splatfest. Though I reached it 30 minutes ago and just won 6 more matches.

I just got to +19.5. Just loss so I'm +18. Will try for +20 in a bit.

Go Team Hot Dog!

We're going to lose by popularity.

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM MARSHMALLOWS?

Is what I would say if my Team [Hot Dogs] actually won.
It's just like the first splatfest with cats and dogs.

Upside, I get 18 more sea snails.

RobbieNick

Da bess

Agreed. While I was on Team Marshmallow, the fact that Hot Dog won the most battles despite being less popular (which would result in less players) is outstanding, but team 'mallow wins just on popularity alone? That's bullshit.

Jims

Mallow approves of these results.

200px-Mallow.gif

2% actually. Would've added 8 points and substracted 8 from Marshmallows, making the total 252-248 Hot Dogs.

Ah. Well at least it was up in the air this time, even if 54% is a tough mark to hit. Roller Coasters almost got there in the last Splatfest, though.

WorldStar

Banned
how in the fuck

someone please explain this to me, i don't understand

hot dog wins 52% to 48%

yet marshmallow ends up winning because they were more popular?

so they rewarding the shittier team simply because it was popular yet lacked skill?

am i missing something?

DaBoss

Agreed. While I was on Team Marshmallow, the fact that Hot Dog won the most battles despite being less popular (which would result in less players) is outstanding, but team 'mallow wins just on popularity alone? That's bullshit.
The number of battles played between both teams would be the same regardless of whether one team has more players than the other.

J@hranimo

Banned
how in the fuck

hot dog wins 52% to 48%

so they rewarding the shittier team simply because it was popular yet lacked skill?

am i missing something?

They multiply the win rate by 4. It used to be 2 but...lol.

Supercell

Neo Member

Exactly how I felt as team cat. Then we got called salty for weeks. :(

how in the fuck

hot dog wins 52% to 48%

am i missing something?

Win percentage is multiplied by four and added to popularity percentage. These two totals are then compared for the winner.

In essence popularity is worth 20%. The difference was so high that even at 20% it overcomes the win deficit.

Geg

how in the fuck

hot dog wins 52% to 48%

am i missing something?

Yeah it sucks but that's splatfest. It's probably to compensate somewhat for the fact that the more popular team spends a lot of time fighting their own team.

It used to be worse, they upped the win rate multiplier from 2 to 4 with the last update.

you could never have won

before marie was paid to say she liked hot dogs, she spoke the truth that she couldn't stop eating marshmallows. the orwellian powers that run the splatfest may have tried to erase this history, but it was always true.

how in the fuck

hot dog wins 52% to 48%

am i missing something?

At least the wins get a x4 bonus this time. Before it was just x2.

Still feels lame.

RedFyn

how in the fuck

hot dog wins 52% to 48%

am i missing something?
Just six snails ;)

Robotguy

Yeah, killer wail can be brutal on Triggerfish, all those lanes.

Well I really enjoyed my first Splatfest. Missed the first two due to moving, and taking forever to get wifi hooked up.

The different music, nighttime, and day long maps really made it special. I enjoyed it all and played enough for the Queen Rank and made it to Level 26. Over 40 hours and still in love with this game. Tho I did get burnt out with how much I played today. Need a mini break lol.

#TeamMarshmallow

BTW: When do the results come in?

PS: I was AbbyVampire if anyone played me!
I think I might have been against you one match. On Moray I think?
So did anyone run into any gaf during the random Splatfest matches? I played like six games with Kas on my team and also played a game against phanphare where we destroyed his team because they had a disconnect
Played a bunch of match with Wired all Wrong. Did really well. If we were at skatepark there was about a 50% chance of us spawn camping the other team.

Acerac

Banned
how in the fuck

hot dog wins 52% to 48%

am i missing something?

It rewards both. If the less popular team is significantly more skilled, they get an easy victory due to huge weights.

Hotdogs weren't significantly more skilled.

They lost.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I've lost all three NA Splatfests now. Blindsided because my Turf War results are always so good. I guess it's time to move to Japan/Europe.

Africanus

you could never have won

before marie was paid to say she liked hot dogs, she spoke the truth that she couldn't stop eating marshmallows. the orwellian powers that run the splatfest may have tried to erase this history, but it was always true.

Our fight was for naught then. My title of King is nothing.

Malus

Da bess

GOD DAMNIT I READ THE FIRST LINE OF YOUR POST AND TURNED ON MY WII U ALL EXCITED TO COLLECT MY JUST REWARDS

one day

Hackworth

Getting on a losing streak isn't soul destroying. Being on that streak, getting the lowest score I've gotten all day, and seeing that my entire team did worse than me is.

Also, the game needs an emergency "fuck this jump" button. Launching into a free area that gets a rocket dropped on it as you're flying sucks hard.

Top Bottom