• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

I have seen maybe ten chargers, total, in about five hours of play today. I don't get it.
I made it an effort to distract / kill any chargers I saw during my run to hot dog royality and it worked for nearly all the matches. Hell there was one where the poor sniper was killed 10 times.

Moonlight

Banned
WVW69iRU4FIumla301

Was a long road, but I'm really happy about this. Best streak I've had in the game so far, and I owe it to finally hitting the team jackpot and landing a really solid group. A fucking ace Aerospray user and a great Splattershot user, while the fourth slot was a revolving door (but for a while we had a great Slosher, too). Won ten games back to back, and I'm still buzzed off the energy of it. The team didn't last, of course - everyone kinda slowly dropped out (the Aerospray dropping was my signal to bail, as well) but the momentum still took me to a couple other decent teams and I hit Queen a lot sooner than I was expecting.

Still not sure if Hotdogs have what it takes to win the Splatfest, but this is the first one I've felt like I actually nudged the needle in a positive direction.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
WVW69iRU4FIumla301

Was a long road, but I'm really happy about this. Best streak I've had in the game so far, and I owe it to finally hitting the team jackpot and landing a really solid group. A fucking ace Aerospray user and a great Splattershot user, while the fourth slot was a revolving door (but for a while we had a great Slosher, too). Won ten games back to back, and I'm still buzzed off the energy of it. The team didn't last, of course - everyone kinda slowly dropped out (the Aerospray dropping was my signal to bail, as well) but the momentum still took me to a couple other decent teams and I hit Queen a lot sooner than I was expecting.

Still not sure if Hotdogs have what it takes to win the Splatfest, but this is the first one I've felt like I actually nudged the needle in a positive direction.

Haha your team comp is almost the same as the one I got my 26 win streak with. Had a zaper, a slosh, an aerospray, and me on sploosh

Robotguy

This it totally new territory for me. The highest I think i'd ever gone was 18 in a previous Splatfest but disconnects always made streaks pretty hard to maintain.
I played like the entire day to improve my sides win percentage as much as possible. We still lost though. :(

Doorman

Finally made Marshmallow Queen a few minutes ago, the grind from Champion to Queen wound up taking even longer than I expected to once my own performance started taking a dive. Still wound up winning more often than not, though, so I did what I could. Go team marshmallow, how often does anybody actually roast hot dogs over a natural fire nowadays anyway?

Today also got to be my first opportunity to play on Camp Triggerfish. I think...I don't like it very much. The separated nature of most of the level feels really odd to deal with, especially with the gated-off nature of half the level at the beginning of turf wars. Feels like there's hardly a point to worrying about the middle at all until the final minute, instead trying to rush to one of the bridges to the enemy's side before they manage to do the same. It's very different from the other maps, which I guess is nice for variety's sake, but I'm not sure that's for the better.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yo I got a Krak-on Roller who actually uses his beakons in strategic positions :pogchamp

This is why I enjoy the sploosh - o - matic, being able to be an asshole and set beacons up in good spots is amazing.

Finally made Marshmallow Queen a few minutes ago, the grind from Champion to Queen wound up taking even longer than I expected to once my own performance started taking a dive. Still wound up winning more often than not, though, so I did what I could. Go team marshmallow, how often does anybody actually roast hot dogs over a natural fire nowadays anyway?

Today also got to be my first opportunity to play on Camp Triggerfish. I think...I don't like it very much. The separated nature of most of the level feels really odd to deal with, especially with the gated-off nature of half the level at the beginning of turf wars. Feels like there's hardly a point to worrying about the middle at all until the final minute, instead trying to rush to one of the bridges to the enemy's side before they manage to do the same. It's very different from the other maps, which I guess is nice for variety's sake, but I'm not sure that's for the better.
The gates are always down in other modes so the map flows a lot better.

We'll see soon enough! To be frank, Hot Dogs were terrible in that particular match-- and practically every other match-- on two accounts. Totally anecdotal, though, so I'l stop puffing my chest for now.

i dont wanna jinx myself but i have yet to loose a splatfest :)

Team Dog
Team Roller Coaster
Team Hot Dog

FTW :)

Totakeke

Haven't been able to stick with a good team (and there were not many) this splatfest because of the frequent lobby errors, not sure why.

Did your net magically fix itself? Because mine did for the most part and it's niiiiiice.
I actually did have a problem with my network that got fixed about a month or two ago. I should probably try MK8 again to see if 200CC is playable for me now lol

Edit: Shocking fact, I had zero disconnects during matches today. I did have a few while waiting in the lobby but today was a huge improvement over the last two Splatfests.
I played like the entire day to improve my sides win percentage as much as possible. We still lost though. :(
Even if Team Marshmallow somehow loses I can't feel bad because I certainly did my part. The thing that has me the most worried is the amount of Marshmallow vs Marshmallow battles today. A lot of the good Marshmallow players may have gotten bored and left.

Jims

Did many people get 3v4s today? I didn't get a single one during my climb to King, but jnWake remarked earlier that he still got a bunch.

Were you guys still seeing them, or did Nintendo finally fix the issue? Maybe Hot Dogs were more likely to see them than Marshmallows?

Busaiku

Did many people get 3v4s today? I didn't get a single one during my climb to King, but jmWake remarked earlier that he still got a bunch.

Were you guys still seeing them, or did Nintendo finally fix the issue? Maybe Hot Dogs were more likely to see them than Marshmallows?
I got a 4 vs 3 for my 1st match in the morning.

Damn, should've started playing earlier, I'm 12 points away from Queen rank. I've rarely lost in the past 2 hours :/

That happened to me last Splatfest. I quit playing the night it started about 50 points away from King and then went on a day trip all Saturday. By the time I got back I only had 45 minutes left and ended up about 18 points short because of bad luck, bad play and disconnects. Felt so crappy :/

Geg

FINALLY won my last match of the splatfest after losing both of them last time. Even better it was a 3v4 on Blackbelly Skatepark where one of my teammates disconnected in the first few seconds. In the end I went 13-1. Still amazed we won that considering how easy fast comebacks are on that stage

Better still is that was a marshmallow vs hot dog match so it counts ;)

ryechu

they should keep the ball rolling with 2.0 while everyone is playin. Weapon and map updates, resume immediately por favor.

StAidan

I enjoyed this splat fest a lot more than the last one -- got matched up with mostly competent teammates and won most of my games, including against Team Hot Dogs, which is what really counts ;) My last game before the clock ticked over was a victory against Hot Dog. Great way to end the event.

Azure J

Watching an archive of some of Azure J's stream

The amount of shit he has gotten away with so far is hilarious.

Charge your scope in full viewing range because why the fuck not brehs
Use your charger like a shooter brehs

Kappa

Tangent: Stream's up but I'm doing some Mario Kart until further notice. Need a Splat break. :p

Top Bottom