• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

PBalfredo

Considering the turkey shoot available to them, team Hot Dog's win percentage actually seems kinda low. Team Marshmallow was heavy with squidkids.

Ansatz

It's pretty clear that the few losses I have are against roller/s because my teammates are incapable of countering them. Oh well they are just kids

Woohoo, first Splatfest was a victory!

I'll admit, I expected this because I figured what marshmallows lacked in skill we made up for in sheer numbers. Seriously I think nearly half my matches were against other marshmallow teams. :O

Honestly losing this and cat based on popularity doesn't make me feel bad at all.

I like the little weight that popularity gives. It's a fun little X Factor. It also is a nice little gift for the popular side that has to play against themselves.

52-48 isn't a huge win. If we only had a few more percentage points Hot Dog would have won anyway. They have weighted the two percentages correctly now in my opinion.

Besides. What do you lose? Super Sea Snails? How many does the casual or not super-serious player need? Chances are you have only a few pieces of gear you wear competitively and don't need a ton of rerolls on them.

How many pieces of gear will you add slots too? Either you add to your favorites or in my case the special costumes like Amiibo and Squid Girl. I've already maxed the singleplayer and Amiibo outfits with snails just from last Splatfest.

Maybe you want to upgrade every gear and level it all up? In that case you are super hardcore and would keep playing Splatfests for a long time anyway.

It's ultimately a fun little contest, no reason to feel bad.

We're also more talented. ;)

I ain't salty, it is what it is! These 18 snails though.

Not even salty about splatfest, I won my tourney matches and that's all that matters.
Okay, so I'm a little salty.

20425016461_369f8737be_b.jpg

: P You'll all still destroy me in GAF battles!

Honestly losing this and cat based on popularity doesn't make me feel bad at all.

I like the little weight that popularity gives. It's a fun little X Factor. It also is a nice little gift for the popular side that has to play against themselves.

52-48 isn't a huge win. If we only had a few more percentage points Hot Dog would have won anyway. They have weighted the two percentages correctly now in my opinion.

Besides. What do you lose? Super Sea Snails? How many does the casual or not super-serious player need? Chances are you have only a few pieces of gear you wear competitively and don't need a ton of rerolls on them.

How many pieces of gear will you add slots too? Either you add to your favorites or in my case the special costumes like Amiibo and Squid Girl. I've already maxed the singleplayer and Amiibo outfits with snails just from last Splatfest.

Maybe you want to upgrade every gear and level it all up? In that case you are super hardcore and would keep playing Splatfests for a long time anyway.

This. I didn't feel bad about Cat (well, I didn't get to play then) but Splatfest is just a good time. It's a great way to practice weapons and gear that you don't usually use with very little pressure to win. The best parts are getting into a good team and perhaps making friends! I always choose my personal preference during these contests, because video games are fun! Fun for everyone.

Question: How do some of you guys end up fighting yourselves anyway (Marshmallow vs. Marshmallow)?

That problem didn't happen to me this whole fest (as far at I know).

Geg

Question: How do some of you guys end up fighting yourselves anyway (Marshmallow vs. Marshmallow)?

That problem didn't happen to me this whole fest (as far at I know).

It only happens if the team you're on is way more popular and there aren't enough of the opposing team on for you to play against. It wasn't a big problem with the last splatfest because the popularity split was almost even

Did they add new colours with the update?
Yeah, a bright/electric blue to match the new squid girl outfit and a darker orange to oppose it

WorldStar

Banned
So I just beat single player and bought the Dynamo roller

Should I be jumping as I do flick attacks? Does jumping increase the one hit kill range?

Malus

JUST REWARDS

Crisium

Mallow approves of these results.

200px-Mallow.gif

I got SMRPG in 1996 and have replayed it several times since then. It remains one of my all-time favourite 20 games.

This is the first time I realize Mallow is taken from Marshmallow. Probably because I always thought it was spelled Marshmellow (that's how I pronounce it).

giphy.gif

Azure J

It's my favorite color in the game now. Blue, blue, electric blue; that's the color of my room.

That blue is straight up the best thing about the update. God I wish we could lock Inklings to specific colors for the times we're in the plaza. Color lock isn't what I want since there's a lot of cool colors, but for personalization, that'd be great.

ryechu

how in the fuck

someone please explain this to me, i don't understand

hot dog wins 52% to 48%

yet marshmallow ends up winning because they were more popular?

so they rewarding the shittier team simply because it was popular yet lacked skill?

am i missing something?

Not this shit again. We lost according to the formula, which is fair.

Jachaos

Yeah, a bright/electric blue to match the new squid girl outfit and a darker orange to oppose it

That's what I thought, I just played with the electric blue and it looked new.

Should I be jumping as I do flick attacks? Does jumping increase the one hit kill range?

I think it's just that you get to shoot further at the cost of what's right in front of you (and you wouldn't deal with those with flick attacks anyway).

Geg

I was so jealous when playing against other marshmallow teams in Splatfest and the other teams kept getting the new blue lol

Don't have it myself yet.

But what you do is start flicking and then jump so you do the actual flick at max height. And yes, jumping with rollers can be some good shit as long as you don't fling the ink over somebody's head.

LostAnkh

Just got out of a match where the entire team went after me because I kept wrecking them.

They fired a Killer Wail and shot an inkstrike, trapping me in a corner, and they still couldn't kill me.

je_ssi e

Well, darn.
2-1 for Splatfests.

I got to be on the side of more wins/less popular this time. And, you know what? Meh. I did my best and had fun playing. And, yay for more Sea Snails!

Now to spend those babies!

Even though I lost.. I'm still glad popularity counts for something after the change to win percent. The system works. Sometimes against me... apparently. Aha.

For the next one I'll still pick what I want and hope for the best. That's all I can do.

Finally got to try out the new weapons out. The Slosher is so much fun to use, an instant favorite. The Splatling gun is pretty cool weapon, really like the charging mechanic it has. And I think I'm starting to understand how to use this weapon properly.

That blue is straight up the best thing about the update. God I wish we could lock Inklings to specific colors for the times we're in the plaza. Color lock isn't what I want since there's a lot of cool colors, but for personalization, that'd be great.

I'd love that option if only for screenshots. Should be integrated wit the Equip menu. For now, what I sometimes do is start a specific story level then quit right away. You keep the color, I believe. But I don't know if the new colors are part if it. Does recon-ing available maps give you a new color each time? That might work.

Tangentially: accept my friend request (Candido)! I want to see my exceptional performance on your Twitch.

Where's all of the north american players, I know Europe's splatfest is going on, but it's been nothing but Japanese A to S+ squads so far?

This is the right attitude to have. Good on ya :) I knew there had to be at least one cat player that wasn't a salty sourpuss!

Top Bottom