• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

It communicates regret or personal failure. It's important that your teammates know when you're having trouble, or have died and left a route completely open. All phrases show your relative location, so having a "sorry" would let people know when and where bad things are happening.

Wouldn't "Watch out!" communicate that just as well, without the added implication that you just screwed up? I dunno why you'd want to communicate the regret and failure part. I like to know where to watch out for trouble, but I don't really care if you screwed up as long as you get right back in it.

Moondrop

Banned
Latest Splatoon NA Tumblr post:

tumblr_o85lle7amg1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Squid Research Lab PSA: In case you missed it, we’re happy to announce that the upcoming 2.8.0 update, arriving the evening of June 7, will include 9 new weapon combos known as Sheldon’s Picks Vol.2. This update will also include some weapon balance adjustments, along with bug fixes.

Please note that due to the update, server maintenance is scheduled to occur from 5:50 PM – 7 PM PT on Tue, June 7th
There are only 8 weapons in the previous picture, so there is 1 base weapon yet to be announced.

The dream of carbon bubble lives...

Moondrop

Banned
Only sloshing machine buff is 11% running speed while sloshing. We have JPN patch notes, someone else will probably post them
How dare you keep patch information from us. :p

As your penance I'm going to post the confusing Google translation:
Additional Bukit gear
- Nine to add the Bukit, it was to be aligned to the Weapon Shop.
※ after the 11 am June 8 news, it will be available for purchase in the Weapon Shop.
• Two types of add the gear so that we lined up in the shop.

Balance adjustment of Bukit gear power performance
- The balance of the main weapon sub-Weapon-gear power has been adjusted.
※ For details, click here please visit.

Adjustment of the stage
- Arowana Mall: Fixed arranged so as in all rules, can not pass through the unintended location.
· Negitoro coal mine: in Gachihokoruru, Fixed an issue that may cause enters the player in a particular object.
- Triggerfish campsite: in Gachihokoruru, we adjust the range that is determined to be "return too much" in the vicinity of the starting point.
· Shottsuru mine: Fixed arranged so as in all rules, can not pass through the unintended location.

Modify issues play
- By contact with the opponent's shield, it was fixed the problem that can jump higher than the original.

Other
· Customers As you can play comfortably, was fixed some game content.

Adjustment of special reduction amount at the time of re-start:

Nova Blaster
△ a special reduction amount, has been changed from the middle (60%) to small (40%).

Spline spinner collaboration
▼ the special reduction amount, it has been changed from the middle (60%) to large (75%).

Spline spinner repair
△ a special reduction amount, has been changed from the middle (60%) to small (40%).

Balance adjustment of the main weapon:

Puromodera MG
Puromodera RG
△ to reduce the bullets of the variation in the degree of the time jump, it was the same as when not to jump.

Rapid Blaster Rapid Blaster Deco
△ the walking speed in the firing, was about 12 percent faster than as ever.

R Blaster Elite
R Blaster Elite Deco
△ the walking speed in the firing, was about 15 percent faster than as ever.
△ the bullet of variation in the degree of the time jump, was about 50% less than in the past.

L3 Rirugan
L3 Rirugan D
△ the damage to the Gachihokobaria, has been increased by about 20% than in the past.

H3 Rirugan
H3 Rirugan D
△ the damage to the Gachihokobaria, has been increased by about 40% than in the past.

Screw slot Shah screw slot Shah Neo
△ the walking speed in the firing, was about 11 percent faster than ever before.

Paburopaburo Hugh permanent Pablo ho ho Qusay Qusay Hugh
△ If you pretend attack in a row, was in the ink is painted a candle.

Balance adjustment of the sub-Weapon:

trap
△ player at the installation at the time of reaction was to shorten the distance to retreat.

Adjustment of the gear power:

Stealth jump
▼ When you are super jump in the state of wearing this gear power so that we can not be performed attack operation until completely landing.

Geg

Japanese twitter updated with half the new weapons:

Range Blaster Necro, Burst Bomb and Killer Wail
Bento Splat Charger, Splash Wall and Echolocator
Bento Splatterscope, same as above
N-ZAP '83, Point Sensor and Kraken (rip neo sploosh)

Names are subject to change based on how NOA names them

J@hranimo

Banned
Only sloshing machine buff is 11% running speed while sloshing. We have JPN patch notes, someone else will probably post them

...This is actually better than a range buff! Why didn't I think of this lol

Those Rapid Blaster buffs across the board with be delightful. Can't wait.

ChrisD

Japanese twitter updated with half the new weapons:

Names are subject to change based on how NOA names them

That Blaster is both a dream and a nightmare. I wanted a Blaster with Burst Bombs for months back in August, but I don't think it's such a good idea anymore. And Killer Wail as well, with its low charge needed and crazy area denial? That thing is going to be insane.

Actual Charger with a Splash Wall sounds really good.

And the N-Zap has an amazing kit, we already know that because of the NSploosh. N-Zap has a worse TTK though, doesn't it? If that is the case, I can still see Sploosh being used occasionally as a true-blue flank weapon.

I'll take a swing at it.

-New Gear and Weapons will be added.
-Weapons and perks will be modified (explained below)

-Stage changes (bug fixes only)
*Arowana Mall: In all modes, locations that were accessible that were not intended will be edited to be inaccessible (most likely referring to people getting past boundaries to climb walls they shouldn't be able to and any spots where someone can be out of bounds. Could be more however).
* Bluefin Depot: During Rainmaker, corrected a bug that would allow players to accidentally enter the special obstacles added (sounds like players were finding ways to clip through the special black boxes that are added during RM).
* Camp Triggerfish: During Rainmaker, the range where the "Do not retreat" warning activates near the spawn point has been adjusted.
* Piranha Pit: In all modes, locations that were accessible that were not intended will be edited to be inaccessible.

Combat glitches
-A glitch where coming in contact with an opponent's Splashwall would give the player a heightened jump has been corrected.

Weapon and Perk Changes (Buffs get a +, Nerfs get a -)
-----------------------------------------
* Luna Blaster (Normal): +Special Meter reduction on respawn reduced from 60% to 40%
* Zink Mini-Splatling: -Special Meter reduction on respawn increased from 60% to 75% (I welcome our Tri-slosher overlords)
* Refurbished Mini-Splatling: +Special Meter reduction on respawn reduced from 60% to 40%

Main Weapon Changes
* Aerospray (MG & RG): +The spread of drops when jumping has been reduced to match the spread while standing (I think this way shots are more concentrated during jumps, making it easier to kill while jumping to avoid fire)
* Rapidblaster (& Deco): +Increased walkspeed while firing by 12%
* Rapidblaster Pro (& Deco): +Increased walkspeed while firing by 15%. +The spread of drops when jumping has been reduced by 50%
* L3 Nozzlenose (& D): +Damage to Rainmaker shield has been increased by 20%
* H3 Nozzlenose (& D): +Damage to Rainmaker shield has been increased by 40%
* Sloshing Machine (& Neo): +Increased walkspeed while firing by 11%
* All 5 Inkbrush type weapons: +When swinging the brush, ink will now be placed at your feet as well.

Sub Weapon Changes
* Inkmine: +The distance the player is sent back by the installation's recoil has been shortened

Perk Changes
* Stealth Jump: -When using this perk to Super Jump, you cannot make any action until you completely land on the ground (so no more surprise roller swings or sudden bombs coming from the sky)

Robotguy

Finally bought a copy Tuesday and won't get to play until tonight! Looking forward to this, any tips for beginners?
Walls don't count in turf wars.
The motion controls may feel weird at first, but they're generally agreed to be superior.
If you see a Gatling gun with three barrels turn off the console.
IDK

Finally bought a copy Tuesday and won't get to play until tonight! Looking forward to this, any tips for beginners?

Do story mode before going online. It teaches you the basics of aiming and movement, you earn blueprints for some of the weapons that can be sold at the shop from the bosses, and it's a fun but simple campaign.

Remember that the upgrades you get during story mode do not carry over to online multiplayer.

Regiruler

EDIT: I'm dumb and tired

Literally the only change I care about is that brush buff since I don't really use weapons other than my trusty hero charger in ranked.

The ink mine change reads like a nerf to me, which I can't comprehend.

Re: Inkmines

"The distance the player is sent back by the installation's recoil has been shortened."

When you install an ink mine you're sent backwards a bit. This is just shortening the distance you're sent back.

Moondrop

Banned
- We'll have to see how effective burst cancelling even is with the after shot lag. Doesn't sound particularly synergistic, but we'll see.
- I may actually use this charger to protect myself from the snipers that are better than me (read: all of them).
- Yeah, this is definitely going to outclass the sploosh. Despite the TTK difference, the zapper should more than make up for it with range and mobility.

I can't help but notice there is no Bubbler listed, and that there were no bubbles anywhere in Vol. 1. So it stands to reason there is at least one yet to be revealed...
- Heavy splatling+bubble: This would be pretty OP.
- H3+bubble: This seems fair. I'm sensing another disrubbler...
- Aerospray+bubble: This seems balanced relative to the splattershot jr.
- Sploosh+bubble: Doubtful. Does the range of the sploosh even travel past the edge of the bubble?

Jims

Yay. The Point Sensors never did much for me on the Neo Sploosh because of its range, feels like the N-Zap could take better advantage of that portable echo. I wonder, is this going to be one of those high mobility deals where you crank in a bunch of run/swim speed and dodge everyone? It could be a really fast Kraken-builder with some Special Up or Tenacity, though. I could see running a little of both, depending on the mode.

Perk Changes
* Stealth Jump: -When using this perk to Super Jump, you cannot make any action until you completely land on the ground (so no more surprise roller swings or sudden bombs coming from the sky)

Yay. Stealth Jump Dynamos in Tower Control are the worst. It always feels cheap when one drops on me.

Junahu

Wouldn't "Watch out!" communicate that just as well, without the added implication that you just screwed up? I dunno why you'd want to communicate the regret and failure part. I like to know where to watch out for trouble, but I don't really care if you screwed up as long as you get right back in it.
It's cathartic to be able to apologise, and frustrating when you're unable to do so. It clears the player's conscience and allows them to get back to fighting without regrets. The key to a good callout is that it benefits everyone, and new players are guided towards using it in the correct situations.

"Watch out!" is also accusatory, which means it can be used as a tool to bully other players.

ffdgh

Zink mini respawn nerf? Hello special saver
Refurbished mini, Rapid blasters, and sloshing machine buffs? Nice
Stealth jumpers can't rain unsuspecting death from above anymore/as much? Joy

Bring on the new weapons and gear.

Very much looking forward to the rapid buffs :)

I'll also be giving Range Blaster Necro (maybe Nitro in the Americas?) a spin as well. Burst Bombs on a Blaster has always been an interesting question of how well that works, and this loadout basically has a fast splash damage option and a slow splash damage option.

Moondrop

Banned
"Grim Range Blaster" according to Splatoon Tumblr. Should've gone with Necro
(Guild Wars 2 nostalgia)

Other names and sub/specials as advertised (though they don't actually confirm Wail on the blaster).

ffdgh

"Grim Range Blaster" according to Splatoon Tumblr. Should've gone with Necro
(Guild Wars 2 nostalgia)

Other names and sub/specials as advertised (though they don't actually confirm Wail on the blaster).

Wait the new zap has kraken as the special?(i'm late I now) Goodnight sweet sploosh. No longer will your short range make players suffer.

Doorman

Interesting that Europe gets the first splatfest following the global one. I kind of wonder just how many more of these there'll be before support fully winds down?

Hmm, I really want to try the Sploosh 7. Splat Bombs and Inkzooka is a fun combination. I can't mash well enough to use Octobrush Noveau, and I already like the Soda Slosher.

It's cathartic to be able to apologise, and frustrating when you're unable to do so. It clears the player's conscience and allows them to get back to fighting without regrets. The key to a good callout is that it benefits everyone, and new players are guided towards using it in the correct situations.

"Watch out!" is also accusatory, which means it can be used as a tool to bully other players.

Ah, you've lost me, sorry. How is "Watch out!" accusatory? I can't imagine any situation where it could be used to bully someone.

J@hranimo

Banned
Splash Wall and Bubble is something I didn't know I wanted for the H-3

Splash Wall will enable the weapon to contest with other weapons with similar range and Splash Wall (96 gal deco, slosher deco) and bubble will help to push overall. Very solid kit on a not so solid weapon. Will definitely commit to this weapon.

Aerospray and Heavy Splatling better be hype as hell lol.

Decided to try vanilla H3 in preparation for wall H3 on Tuesday. Ended up having a fun time! I picked it up way faster than I did with Fresh Squiffer. I think my experience with rapids helped a lot in that regard. I'm not sure how much I'll like the wall H3 tbh, I like having bombs to zone and cover walls and cliffs with.

Since the changelog doesn't mention most missing stages (Port Mackerel TC, Saltspray Rig TC+RM, Blackbelly Skatepark RM), I guess they're… gone forever from Ranked rotation??

Why would they do something like that instead of fixing what's wrong?
Lazy devs!

At least, there's a little chance that Piranha Pit RM comes back… hopefully.

Top Bottom