• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Regiruler

Official art celebrating the 1 year anniversary

CjgUxeRUkAEnIkz.jpg:large

Also Japan is getting another Wii U bundle in July, this one with the Callie/Marie amiibos

CjgV9m4UgAAf8Wk.png:large

RIP Media Creates
What's your NNID?

debating between telling you and dragging it out somehow in the name of vanity, spite, and a bit of fun.

Regiruler is never taken by other people so I use it everywhere

ChrisD

Happy Birthday Splatoon!

Here's to many more. <3

Will the GAFhouse be streamed by anyone? Don't know if I'll be home (which is why I didn't register despite really wanting to), but on the off-chance I am then I'd LOVE to watch!

Regiruler I'm gonna' have to send a FR to you as well, the more TW GAFfers to hop in with the better

J@hranimo

Banned
One year of Splatoon. Wow. That was SO fast and it's cool being a part of an actual GAF Community :)

H-3 is fantastic should you actually know how to use it.

Great ink area/cost ratio for its range. It's cheaper and wider than squiffer.

Yeah I still enjoy using it a bunch myself, somewhat ironically. When it first came out I always liked how it could reward for having really good aim. Plus the suction bomb + echo kit gives it this interesting support role.

They really need to correct how the shots go out in the burst. Even when having that good aim, all it takes is for the enemy to move a little to escape that last shot and not be an OHKO. Even so, I know it's bad but I'll continue to use it. I should use it in solo more tbh.

I haven't played this game for a good 8 months (or whenever the rank cap was still Level 20). I wanna get back into it GAF, what weapons would you recommend for turf war? I'm clueless.

I haven't played this game for a good 8 months (or whenever the rank cap was still Level 20). I wanna get back into it GAF, what weapons would you recommend for turf war? I'm clueless.
To ease yourself back in I recommend just picking up the Tentatek or Wasabi Splattershot.

Though if your end goal is to carry Splatfest teams I'd have to say the Dynamo TBH. Otherwise just start off with a Splattershot or, alternatively, pick something with a Kraken or Bubbler that you think looks cool.

Moondrop

Banned
Ugh at those weapon choices. Green blaster flames look pretty sweet.

Lulz at grass growing on a splatterscope. Rooted to their perch.

Best I can hope for is a novel sub/special combo. Hopefully the sploosh or H3 or even aerospray has disruptor.

Moondrop

Banned
Was wondering why you weren't rejoicing. :p

Really though disruptor would synergize amazingly with H3. I would probably main it were it to be disrubbler.

Aldric

What a waste of a weapon pack.

Disagree. With the exception of the Range Blaster that already has one of the best kits in the game (the Custom one) and the Roller (because fuck Rollers) the rest is exactly what Sheldon's Picks are supposed to be, underused weapons whose weaknesses will hopefully be fixed by new subs/special combinations.

l can't wait to see what the new Sploosh has. ldeally l'd want Disruptors/Inkzooka but it'll probably have some type of bombs and maybe Bubbler. As long as it's not Seekers...

Azure J

People in here so mad at the kits being made and I'm just like "this is cool for people who play these things."

Everything isn't for us alone ya'kno. :p

J@hranimo

Banned
That boxart for Vol 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anyway, I'm the only soul excited about the H-3 (yep I'm weird). I hope the new Sploosh has that fake leak idea of seeker rush (did I say I'm weird?). I could also see it with splat bomb rush too.

I believe the Aerospray will have burst bomb and echolocator. BB will help mitigate it's killing ability a bit and fast echos for support.

My only change wishes are for the Sloshing Machine to get the range increase it deserves and I guess...H-3 to have better burst shots for them all to connect against a moving enemy.
I'm perfectly prepared for itsfuckingnothing.gif for the H-3 lmao

Aldric

Wasn't there an old fake leak about a Cherry Dual Squelcher with Disruptors and Bubbler? Looks like we'll get a Cherry H-3 instead lol.

Moondrop

Banned
Disagree. With the exception of the Range Blaster that already has one of the best kits in the game (the Custom one) and the Roller (because fuck Rollers) the rest is exactly what Sheldon's Picks are supposed to be, underused weapons whose weaknesses will hopefully be fixed by new subs/special combinations.
Nzap is widely used. And I wouldn't describe splatterscope, heavy splatling (deco), or (neo) sploosh as underused. Only H3, range blaster, and perhaps aerospray meet your criterion.

Anyway, I'm the only soul excited about the H-3 (yep I'm weird). I hope the new Sploosh has that fake leak idea of seeker rush (did I say I'm weird?). I could also see it with splat bomb rush too.

I believe the Aerospray will have burst bomb and echolocator. BB will help mitigate it's killing ability a bit and fast echos for support.
Many of us will be hyped for H-3 if it has disruptor. I'm afraid it will be something ridiculous like sprinkler though.

Burst bomb plus echo is a great kit. Attach aerospray and maining burst bombs will become a thing again.

Aldric

Nzap is widely used. And I wouldn't describe splatterscope, heavy splatling (deco), or (neo) sploosh as underused. Only H3, range blaster, and perhaps aerospray meet your criterion.

From my personal experience Custom Range is far more common in S rank than Nzap or Heavy Deco. Neo Sploosh isn't underused though that's true, l use it myself and l see them very often. l seem to remember an old survey l saw online showing the Sploosh was actually one of the most frequently used weapons among Japanese players, just below the ubiquitous ones like Tentatek, Luna Neo, .96 Deco etc.

Jims

None of the V2 base weapons interest me a ton except for the N-Zap, but hopefully the other weapons get interesting kits that give them more variety.

I wonder what could be good for such a fast-strafing gun like the N-Zap? Maybe a Bubbler, like how the Zink Minis have? Could make it a super aggro weapon with a special like that. Inkzooka would be interesting, but might start resembling the Tentatek at that point. Could be a fun Point Sensor weapon with all that mobility.

I wonder what a Killer Wail would be like on an Aerospray? It spreads ink so quickly, if you put some Special Charge on it, you could probably Wail for days. Maybe that would be too much like the regular Sploosh-o-matic. Not sure what you could put on an Aerospray that would make it feel unique, actually. Maybe Splat Bomb Rush? It could be the shooter variant of the Luna Neo?

You know what's the best? When you start a ranked match, watch a teammate poof out of existence during the countdown, and everyone hits "C'mon!" to encourage each other and you KO the other team without giving up any points. That's the best.

J@hranimo

Banned
Many of us will be hyped for H-3 if it has disruptor. I'm afraid it will be something ridiculous like sprinkler though.

I don't know man...maybe there are more lowkey H-3 believers like me but currently I don't see it. I can see the new H-3 being disruptor/kraken though. It can follow the similar blueprint of these Sheldon's Picks like the Permanent Inkbrush (Octobrush's special + Octo Nouveau's sub) and Soda Slosher (sloshing machine's sub and sloshing machine neo's special) by taking the L-3's sub and the L-3 D's special.

gaming-side splatoon threads stay crazy

Yuuuuup, I did a good job of avoiding that one.

You know what's the best? When you start a ranked match, watch a teammate poof out of existence during the countdown, and everyone hits "C'mon!" to encourage each other and you KO the other team without giving up any points. That's the best.

You know, I'd say that is the awesomest thing that could happen in solo.

ChrisD

The 57 Points of QR/Damage/Defense in every other game is getting old. >_>

On a less annoyed note, seeing other people use the newbie gear load out today (complete with Jr!) makes me smile. I'm using Box Art Inkling Girl, myself. Studio Headphones, White Tee, and the ugly-as-sin Pink Trainers - Weapon Splattershot.

Kito

The winner of GAFHouse V is nom!

C96A2TU.gif

'Fitting for the namesake of the original GAFHouse champion captain to take the win in the retrospective tournament.' - Doorman

Doorman

Congrats and good work to Team nom; Kito, Diego, and Chooch. Definitely couldn't have done it without y'all, only a couple of matches honestly felt like they played out well for me.

As for Sheldon's Picks Volume 2, I'm still slowly nursing the wound that comes from the knowledge that my dreams of a disruptor/echo octobrush won't come to pass. My first impression is that none of this batch of weapons will really sway me from any of the (like 6) main weapons I already use, but I'm curious to see what kind of concepts they run with, anyway.

I would've liked to see a sloshing machine or a rapid (pro) show up in volume pack 2, but it is what it is. I'm curious what the new range blaster and new H3 will do though :3

This tournament was fun.

Sadly this was one of the days where I just couldn't play the Dynamo yet I refused to admit that and switch to the roller I can always use competently (Krak-On) until the last possible moment.

GokouD

This is why I wish American English and English English Splatoon had the same dialogue! For me the team would be spamming 'to me!', which wouldn't make sense!

abd

Congrats and good work to Team nom; Kito, Diego, and Chooch. Definitely couldn't have done it without y'all, only a couple of matches honestly felt like they played out well for me.

As for Sheldon's Picks Volume 2, I'm still slowly nursing the wound that comes from the knowledge that my dreams of a disruptor/echo octobrush won't come to pass. My first impression is that none of this batch of weapons will really sway me from any of the (like 6) main weapons I already use, but I'm curious to see what kind of concepts they run with, anyway.

Doorman you more than held your own and you had the crucial save on the tournament winning match.

ss-hikaru

Goying by the orange and white color scheme I'm gonna assume the new roller is called the refurbished roller.
Isn't that the Famitsu Roller? Or is that coming later as its own stand-alone thing?
Looks like the CoroCoro roller, I see the katakana for "Ko" on the barrel bit.

They just couldn't be arsed to make a new Sloshing Machine, could they?
I would've liked to see a sloshing machine or a rapid (pro) show up in volume pack 2, but it is what it is.
I was hoping for a sloshing machine variant too...I don't like the Neo much. At least I'm getting another Heavy Splatling. Was also hoping for another Dual Squelcher.

My only change wishes are for the Sloshing Machine to get the range increase it deserves
This would be nice....

Doorman you did fine. Like 14 of the 17 participants (lolCrisium) were either S+ or S+ at some point. The 3 others were me, you, and Justice. It was a stacked tourney and everybody but Azure was playing seriously. Of course you weren't going to feel like you were doing that well. lol

ss-hikaru

I figured out my Splatnet problem, turns out I'm just REALLY DUMB. I was logging in with my AU nnid not my JP one.... I keep forgetting I'm in JP region for Splatoon and that I have a different nnid cos region lock. I even filled out that 1st anniversary survey and after I submitted realised I said I play in Europe/Australia/Oceania region. Doesn't help that I use the exact same mii and pretty much the same name which lends to the confusion I guess. I blame recent logins to miitomo and mynintendo which use my AU nnid. Also me just being dumb :p

Regiruler

I figured out my Splatnet problem, turns out I'm just REALLY DUMB. I was logging in with my AU nnid not my JP one.... I keep forgetting I'm in JP region for Splatoon and that I have a different nnid cos region lock. I even filled out that 1st anniversary survey and after I submitted realised I said I play in Europe/Australia/Oceania region. Doesn't help that I use the exact same mii and pretty much the same name which lends to the confusion I guess. I blame recent logins to miitomo and mynintendo which use my AU nnid. Also me just being dumb :p
Lmao

I'm noticing an odd trend during Rainmaker.

If my team makes a really hard push and they kill all of us, they'll Squidbag. Great that you feel good about that kill but my boys are at 2 points left while you guys have yet to get on the board.

Azure J

(NeoGAF's Treehouse Style) "GAFHouse" V: Anniversary Tournament footage is now up!

POV: Team Squidstylers

Round One: vs. nom (Turf War Only; Blackbelly, Arowana, Saltspray, Walleye)
Round Two: vs. Izayoi (Splat Zones Only - Walleye Warehouse, Arowana Mall, Urchin Underpass)
Round Three: vs. Violet (Splat Zones - Blackbelly Skatepark, Saltspray Rig; Turf War - Walleye Warehouse, Urchin Underpass, Arowana Mall)
Grand Finals: vs. nom (All Stages & Weapons Legal): Flounder Heights Rainmaker, Mahi-Mahi Resort Tower Control, Port Mackerel Splat Zones, Kelp Dome Rainmaker, Tower Control Piranha Pit, Bluefin Depot Splat Zones, Camp Triggerfish Rainmaker

Personally, I enjoyed myself and felt like I played well in the second round and bits of grand finals. Still really want to push further and secure a GAF House win soon. Pan, Backlot and Robotguy were fun as all hell to play with too! :)

Doorman you did fine. Like 14 of the 17 participants (lolCrisium) were either S+ or S+ at some point. The 3 others were me, you, and Justice. It was a stacked tourney and everybody but Azure was playing seriously. Of course you weren't going to feel like you were doing that well. lol

See, I was never going to bring this back up again, but since you consistently enjoy your bad karma, here's some footage for the thread of me goofing off and Shark pulling godly numbers at the end of the game. (Watch to 17:10; Shark is "GAF Gold")

:D

:'D

zWMK9X5.gif

Top Bottom