• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

How are those determined anyway? Do they have employees dedicated to sifting through miiverse?

I feel bad for the people who actually have to do this. The horrors of Miiverse (especially in a game that involves squids) rivals that of anywhere else on the internet. Like can you imagine having to go through reported content as your job?

*shudder*

So................. that's a high vote percentage.
unknown.png

Not surprised that Night Owls won. And I'm glad I was part of it.

Was surprised of the gap, though.

I just wished my internet connection wasn't all crap so I would hit King rank.

So uh that result announcement looks like a pretty clear foreshadowing of a Callie vs. Marie splatfest

The amiibo are coming out next month, too.

It's probably going to be a full-on CvM splatfest to promote the new amiibos.

Dare I even hope for a little new single-player content to go along with this?

ChrisD

Dang, I was never able to choose a side. Been a lot busier than expected today. :x

Those are some crazy results! Most popular finally not a total curse?

A possible reign of Marie to begin? :O

ss-hikaru

If they do a splatfest for the amiibos it'll probably be something like which song do you prefer (they are both good but Marie's is better). Would be another worldwide splatfest too (which is good for the Aussies :D).

abd

Splatoon will be a Civil War. Inkling verse Inkling. Sister verse Sister. One one side Callie, and on the Good Guys Marie. Why do they want to break Cuttlefish's heart?

J@hranimo

Banned
Callie vs Marie Splatfest is what the 4+ million of us squids have trained for.

Splatting for Glory! For Turf! For the Better Squid Sister!
#TeamMarie

Biske

I find Turf War with the NeoGAF group really fun and actually relaxing for the most part.

Maybe then, but 24 hours of it... yeesh. Really wish Splatfest would swap in and out of ranked and non ranked game modes. Some rainmaker and tower control would really spice it up.

Splatoon to me is the least fun though when its just deathmatch.

abd

Maybe then, but 24 hours of it... yeesh. Really wish Splatfest would swap in and out of ranked and non ranked game modes. Some rainmaker and tower control would really spice it up.

Splatoon to me is the least fun though when its just deathmatch.

I started a new character before splatfest. And as a level 1 I got matched with and against many level 30 and 40 players. There seems to be a lot that still haven't played Rank at all.

EU and JP don't have this kind of dialogue for their splatfest, so this might just be a logical conclusion for the more antagonistic splatfest relationship the sisters have been having for the past few months.

Probably a Callie amiibo vs. Marie amiibo battle.

Regiruler

I don't think the dialogue implies literally them as the splatfest subject at all.

That said it did sound like it would be a more important subject.

Nightii

Banned
Well, it took me more time than I expected (to the point I got S+ rank first lol), but now...

I am officially a Level 50 Old Fart, thanks to my dear friends from SplatGAF for joining me on this fun, salty ride! May it never end!

And now to never wear the Legendary Cap ever again! (Put it on just for the pic).

How is online for this game? I haven't played in a long time, and I'd like to drop 10-20 more hours in to see what all it has to offer now. Is that manageable? Or is the online pretty dead now?

ChrisD

Well, it took me more time than I expected (to the point I got S+ rank first lol), but now...

I am officially a Level 50 Old Fart, thanks to my dear friends from SplatGAF for joining me on this fun, salty ride! May it never end!

And now to never wear the Legendary Cap ever again! (Put it on just for the pic).

I was going to say it looked out of place on your Inkling haha.

Welcome to the officially a veteran Splatoon player club.

How is online for this game? I haven't played in a long time, and I'd like to drop 10-20 more hours in to see what all it has to offer now. Is that manageable? Or is the online pretty dead now?

Still very alive. So long as Japan is in the player pool, or a Splatfest is running you should always be able to get a game in just a minute or less on average.

Biske

In my experience it's the same as it was when It released, seems super active, never have to wait for matches unless I pick the wrong splatfest team.

Just got Splatoon along with WiiU and MK a couple of weeks ago. Playing some missions at the moment with some guy in a drain. I find the controls difficult to get used to. If I'm running around I can't aim at the same time as controlling the camera. It all becomes a bit overwhelming. Or the aiming becomes a little awkward in angle. Am I doing this wrong?

Moondrop

Banned
You shouldn't try to make the gyro do all the aiming. I think of it as control stick for pointing the character in the right direction and then gyro for fine adjustments. If it doesn't click after a few hours, try adjusting the sensitivity.

Pokemaniac

Just got Splatoon along with WiiU and MK a couple of weeks ago. Playing some missions at the moment with some guy in a drain. I find the controls difficult to get used to. If I'm running around I can't aim at the same time as controlling the camera. It all becomes a bit overwhelming. Or the aiming becomes a little awkward in angle. Am I doing this wrong?

It's best to use the stick for larger movements and the gyro for smaller movements. Once you get used to it, it becomes second nature.

The single player mode you're doing is very useful for teaching you how to play the game. It'll help you learn the mechanics of the game.

Top Bottom