• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Warehouse, Pit and Underpass.

Pls.
Dunno if I stated here, but my choices if I could get them would be

Walleye Warehouse
Hammerhead Bridge
Kelp Dome

Though your list I can also be fine with :3 The maps I really don't want to see are:

Camp Triggerfish
Moray Towers
Flounder Heights
Bluefin Depot

EulaCapra

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14842 Update 2.9.0 effective July 5, 2016:
Weapon Adjustment
Dynamo Roller ▼When using the ink fling attack, decreased the central zone in which it was possible to splat an opponent with a single attack by 18%.
Gold Dynamo Roller △Increased damage dealt when flinging ink to attack the barrier around the Rainmaker in Rainmaker mode by 12%.
Tempered Dynamo Roller ▼Increased the time taken to begin recovering ink after an ink fling attack from 1.17 to 1.33 seconds.

Special Weapon Effect Duration Balancing
Bubbler ▼Decreased base duration (with no other gear abilities equipped) from roughly 5.0 to roughly 4.5 seconds.
△Increased the maximum extra duration added by gear abilities from 40% to 60%.
Kraken ▼Decreased base duration (with no other gear abilities equipped) from roughly 6.0 to roughly 5.0 seconds.
△Increased maximum extra duration added by gear abilities from 40% to 60%.

Now compatible with Callie and Marie amiibo.

Stage Adjustments
Ancho-V Games: Fixed an issue in Rainmaker mode, in which certain terrain wasn’t appearing correctly on the turf map when inked.

Multiplayer Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue that caused players performing a Super Jump while swimming through ink to appear to be sliding long distances to opponents.
Fixed an issue that caused Ink Mines placed on enemy turf to occasionally be visible byopponents, whether or not they had the Bomb Sniffer gear ability.

Other
Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
I don't know why they keep nerfing Dynamo Rollers. All non-Carbon Rollers seemingly have the hardest time as is.

Seems like they nerfed specials....to buff the use of Special Duration Up lol.

J@hranimo

Banned
More Special Duration Up buffs are always welcomed. Although, I don't really think this will be really substantial compared to decreasing cooldown time for Killer Wails and Inkstrikes a few updates ago.

Regiruler

Gold Dynamo Roller △Increased damage dealt when flinging ink to attack the barrier around the Rainmaker in Rainmaker mode by 12%.
Tempered Dynamo Roller ▼Increased the time taken to begin recovering ink after an ink fling attack from 1.17 to 1.33 seconds.

What's with the branch modifications?

ChrisD

I'd rather eat dirt than blackbelly. At least choose a good original map, like Walleye.
Anybody not voting for Ancho-V is awful and they know it.

Blackbelly's not as fun as it used to be, and for the same reason Saltspray isn't: people know how to optimally play now and that is... hold one area all game. But it's not nearly as polarizing, I feel, and it's still a fun map with a unique layout. No other places have so many ramps.

Ancho-V is a fun stage but it's too new for my vote, and still falls below top 3. Also Chargers hold too much area and I always tilt against them. :(

Kelp Dome was a mistake

I like the colors! Kelp Dome nighttime seems to make them pop a lot more than any other stage. It's also one of the very few maps where I can still use Inkbrush with the old game mindset of 'Ink everything!'

...Maybe I should switch my vote to it instead. I need Walleye in, it will be extremely disappointing if its not, but I feel like it's already going to have a surplus of votes. Gah, this is hard! I wish they let us vote in two or three.

More Special Duration Up buffs are always welcomed. Although, I don't really think this will be really substantial compared to decreasing cooldown time for Killer Wails and Inkstrikes a few updates ago.

I suck at math, and I'm also lazy as * and don't feel like pulling up a calculator (or maybe I'm just afraid of making a fool of myself and somehow plugging the wrong numbers). But a 40% change to 60% is pretty big even with a decreased base value, right?

Though yeah, the SDU buff on those were pretty huge. You'd have to do a whole lot to be anywhere near such a big change.

RedFyn

Park (no explanation needed), Warehouse (overall probably the best map in the game) and Pit (fun map and possibly my favorite of the dlc overall)

Moondrop

Banned
I suck at math, and I'm also lazy as * and don't feel like pulling up a calculator (or maybe I'm just afraid of making a fool of myself and somehow plugging the wrong numbers). But a 40% change to 60% is pretty big even with a decreased base value, right?

Though yeah, the SDU buff on those were pretty huge. You'd have to do a whole lot to be anywhere near such a big change.
Old bubbler: 5 sec * 1.4 = 7 sec
New bubbler: 4.5 sec * 1.6 = 7.2 sec

Old kraken: 6 sec * 1.4 = 8.4 sec
New kraken: 5 sec * 1.6 = 8 sec

It's a nerf for which you could compensate by stacking enough SDU. But no one should do that because (a) opportunity cost versus using other gear, and (b) it's better to just have the bubble over with so you can get back to recharging. So overall just a slight nerf for bubbler but a moderate one for kraken.

ChrisD

Old bubbler: 5 sec * 1.4 = 7 sec
New bubbler: 4.5 sec * 1.6 = 7.2 sec

Old kraken: 6 sec * 1.4 = 8.4 sec
New kraken: 5 sec * 1.6 = 8 sec

It's a nerf for which you could compensate by stacking enough SDU. But no one should do that because (a) opportunity cost versus using other gear, and (b) it's better to just have the bubble over with so you can get back to recharging. So overall just a slight nerf for bubbler but a moderate one for kraken.

Huh, that's a lot smaller a difference than I thought..
I definitely don't mind a shorter Bubble though, for the reason you state. 4 seconds is enough, even.

Kraken always lasted too long, so I'm fine with the change to it, but nerfing its SDU total sucks. It's not something anyone really does much anyways, now it's worse for those who did. Think they could have gone with a wonky percentage increase to ensure that the end value stayed the same.

Another round of Dynamo nerfs?

Nothing I can't compensate for but holy shit

Probably tired of seeing them take so many Top 100 spots in Splatfests.

ChrisD

Not our fault Splatfest players keep running right into our swings. lol

I would say something like, "hear, hear," but then I remember when I used Dynamo it was before pretty much any nerfs sans the big one. We may as well be using different things from one another at this point. :p

What I am going to miss the most from Splatfests are the Miiverse art.

I didn't even think about that...

Apparently you will get an E-Mail to the address associated with your NNID. But i haven't received one as of yet. :(

They sent me two, but they're not letting me vote twice. It was worth the shot at least. :x

Regiruler

I would say something like, "hear, hear," but then I remember when I used Dynamo it was before pretty much any nerfs sans the big one. We may as well be using different things from one another at this point. :p

I didn't even think about that...

They sent me two, but they're not letting me vote twice. It was worth the shot at least. :x
Maybe the link is generic and it's IP based? Mind posting the second one?

ChrisD

Maybe the link is generic and it's IP based? Mind posting the second one?

How it's set up is that you just click on a picture in the email, and it takes you to a default "Thank you for voting" message on nintendo's website. Unfortunately there's not really one link to post, as each vote sends you to a different url (but to the same "thank you for voting" message)

So slight correction to won't let me vote twice: both links give me the same "email id" in the URL -- the url starts with 'http://www.nintendo.com/corp/thankyou/?eid=email' then lists off some numbers. I'm assuming that means it's tied to mine specifically. But I get the same following numbers no matter which email I click through, so in other words, clicking the second link just changes the vote from the first link... though again, assumptions, as you can't actually check what you voted for, which seems poorly thought out.

Each stage seems to have its own ending numbers for the url as well, or it may even just be part of my email id, idk for sure.
Anyone else who has the vote in already, does the ending to your Walleye Warehouse "Thank you" url have
_3ad70920
and the ending to Kelp Dome's "Thank you" url
_3ad70123
? More of a personal curiosity thing, since none of us can find our email ids manually... (Also make sure you change your vote back to your own afterwards!)

I would post the whole link but I don't know if anyone going to the urls alters my vote or not :lol Nintendo would be wondering why I can't make up my dang mind.

silenttype01 said:
I voted for Port Mackerel.

Rollers 4 lyf! :V

Rollers 4 lyf!*

*When Chargers aren't aiming down all lanes

ChrisD

I voted for my favorite map, Flounder Heights.

Screw the haters.

I forget, did you play the game since release, or at least far back enough to know of

24/7 Flounder Heights?

Because you had to be there to fully understand why some people still hate the map to this day. Much like a year from now we'll still have some people hating Museum Zones... Mostly because they'll still be in MuZones lock. :p

I don't mind Flounder these days

Nightii

Banned
I got the game back in November, the very day Museum came out actually, so....I dunno, maybe I was there back during the Flounder 24/7 days? lol

I just really like the map, the way there is always a route to take in order to attack, how you can leverage the high areas to your advantage, it has the most fun dynamics when playing, personally.

I also never got sick of Museum Zones so yeah if it was up to me the rotation would be Heights/Museum/Resort. :p

I don't like heights since the kits I use normally are bad on it :p (rapid blaster pro deco and custom jet squelcher). But I acknowledge that it emphasizes verticality a lot, and in better ways than towers does. I'm currently trying to learn soda slosher for heights.

That feel when they nerf rollers and Krakens and haven't nerfed the "pop" guns like the Luna. Those damn things are broken I swear...with the range and how they seem to clip around corners and ledges.

Ah to be a young Krak-On Roller main in the old days.

I've been having a blast with the Carbon Roller Deco and the slosher...and I voted for Towers because I love it.

Pls no Ancho-V. I hate that level so much.

ffdgh

That feel when they nerf rollers and Krakens and haven't nerfed the "pop" guns like the Luna. Those damn things are broken I swear...with the range and how they seem to clip around corners and ledges.

But they did nerf all non rapid blasters. They were much worse when the splash damage didn't cap at 99 and ohko with damage up.

ChrisD

It still gives the "But you gotta' return it" line, so... Probably not. It really blows.

I said earlier that I'm just going to have fun this Fest, but I've seriously thought about how cool it would be to get onto the FINAL Top 100 board. Then it hits me how long the Fest will be, and the idea becomes less fun-sounding. There will be loads of grinding fellows with the same thought, I know it.

Wiseblade

I'm just here to say I have formally pledged my sword to Team Callie and am brushing off the rust in anticipation of the Final Splatfest.

I'm not sure if they said anything but...what exactly are they gonna do with the Splatfest versions of the stages? Surely they'll allow us to play on them/put them into rotation after this Splatfest right?

Cuz if not that's extremely disappointing because many of the stages are really beautiful at night.

But they did nerf all non rapid blasters. They were much worse when the splash damage didn't cap at 99 and ohko with damage up.

Dang I didn't realize it was lowered. I stopped playing for a little while I went on MH/Minecraft bender but then I came back and found myself getting schooled by jumping Luna blasters.

ss-hikaru

Callie/Marie's personalities seem to be so different across the regions. The Japanese splatfest text was much cuter and waaay less aggressive. Yeah there was banter, but it felt a lot friendlier. I don't like how mean they are in the American version (it's probably similar, but slightly toned down in the EU version). I hope at the end of the splatfest they start being nicer to each other, no matter who wins, otherwise it's gonna feel like a bad way to end.

Team Hotaru

L95

I'm not sure if they said anything but...what exactly are they gonna do with the Splatfest versions of the stages? Surely they'll allow us to play on them/put them into rotation after this Splatfest right?

I wonder if anytime splatfest stages will be a function of the new amiibo? idk

Maybe I'm screwing up my math but....is this Fest gonna be for two days?

Marie, the mind is willing but the body is spongy and bruised.

And her hair is silver, not gray! SILVER!!

Kasei

Peeling away from Overwatch to play this in the run up to the final Splatfest. Had so much fun with it last night I regret having put it down for this long!

Got my Amiibo, apparently in splatfest mode you can't do anything except enjoying songs and reading some Miiverse posts.

CmrJE9bVUAAVEpV.jpg

CmrKBmgUcAAT7pj.jpg

Top Bottom