• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

After getting outplayed by a Tri-Slosher Nouveau, I went and bought one for myself, and man this thing is a blast to play. It's a fun change of pace from my usual long range shooters.

Regiruler

I hope the actual rotation for the Splatfest is:

• Hammerhead Bridge
  • Camp Triggerfish
  • Moray Towers
Just to let the world of Splatoon burn

Zit76uE.gif

Toadsili T

Neo Member
OK, so just to confirm what’s going on, the Japanese Splatoon Twitter have announced the stages for the final Splatfest, which is now confirmed in English. They are as follows:

1: Kelp Dome
2: Moray Towers
3: Walleye Warehouse

And here is the breakdown for the voting for each region:

On Japanside, the Japanese are FURIOUS that the Americas and Europe voted so strongly for Moray Towers; some of us suspect this was mass trolling that actually worked. Here’s a sample of some of the responses on Twitter so far:

Source: Twitter

"海外勢どうした" - How/What were the foreigners thinking?

海外勢タチウオ好きかよwww - "Moray Towers is Popular with Foreigners? lololololololol"

"海外しねやん" Foreigners can die

------

EDIT: LOL at this poll:
Question: Moray Towers

Choices: No / No

XD

This is a travesty. And I am also stunned that Moray Towers got 1st in both NA and Europe. Just stunned.

Well at least Walleye Warehouse and Kelp Dome are good maps.

ss-hikaru

On Japanside, the Japanese are FURIOUS that the Americas and Europe voted so strongly for Moray Towers; some of us suspect this was mass trolling that actually worked.

Eh, but TachiUo/Towers was 4th on the Japanese list so obviously the Japanese either also like Towers or also like trolling LOL.

Edit: anecdotal but one of my Japanese friends was really happy Towers was in the rotation, and she doesn't main a charger weapon. I wish I could like the stage...

Nightii

Banned
At first I was shocked as most of us are, but after some thought.....I'll be ok.

It might be the result of a troll vote, but there are legitimately people out there that like Moray Towers, and I can appreciate them actually getting something that was deemed wrong and impossible. I sure know how it feels to be constantly told the stuff you like sucks.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
Eh, but TachiUo/Towers was 4th on the Japanese list so obviously the Japanese either also like Towers or also like trolling LOL.

Edit: anecdotal but one of my Japanese friends was really happy Towers was in the rotation, and she doesn't main a charger weapon. I wish I could like the stage...

I suspect many are going along the train of thought that since it was only #4 in their poll, Japan should only get to play on the Top 3 maps in their poll, rather than what appears to be an averaged result across all regions.

I've got nothing against people who like the map, but I just don't get a lot of enjoyment when I play on it. At least there are two other solid maps in the rotation for the rest of us.

Also, as an aside, here are a few more select quotes from Japanese Twitter. :p

-----

タチウオは????? - Moray Towers (is there)???

なんでタチウオ入ってんだ!! - How did Moray Towers get in?

日本だけの投票結果で決めてくださいよ.. - Please use only the Japanese poll result to decide (the stages).

タチウオ消さないとリッタートゥーンになりますよ - If you don't turn off/remove Moray Towers, the game will become "E-Litre-toon"

ss-hikaru

I suspect many are going along the train of thought that since it was only #4 in their poll, Japan should only get to play on the Top 3 maps in their poll, rather than what appears to be an averaged result across all regions.[/I][/B]

I'm a bit surprised that there aren't different maps for each region given that it's not a combined pool of players. Oh wait, are they going to combine the results for all three regions for an overall winner?

Luigi87

I haven't played in probably eight months... Holy crap at the number of new weapons since then... I don't even know where to start, lol

That can't be it. It just doesn't seem even the slightest bit possible given the other stage options especially for turf war >_>.
The only other stage that I think is just as bad in TW is Saltspray, but that has nostalgia.

Every other stage is mediocre to good in turf wars. If you want to watch the world burn, Moray Towers is the best vote.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Don't blame me, I voted Kelp Dome.

I actually have grown an appreciation for Moray Towers, even on Turf War. I like this rotation.

ChrisD

This had to have been mass trolling
It had to be

my mind can't even process so many people honestly voting for Moray Towers because it's a favorite

NORTH AMERICA
EUROPE
YOU'RE FIRED

YOU BOTH GOT MORAY AS #1 WHAT THE FUCK?

Get Trump in the White House, we deserve to go down

Jims

To be fair, Moray Towers has been way better in Turf since the redesign. I wouldn't have voted for it and am pretty surprised it was #1 in North America, but it's not Bluefin or anything like that. It kinda balances out Kelp, which isn't a super great charger stage.

Interesting that all 4 regions voted for the same 6 stages, except Japan likes Piranha instead of Mahi.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Oh I get it

Callie + Marie = Calimari

I'm just getting into Splatoon. No it didn't take me a year to figure that out lol.

I'm ready for Moray Towers. Jet Squelcher it is. I had fun trolling an E-Liter there the other day, so this should be fun. And the other two maps are also fine.

ChrisD

Oh I get it

Callie + Marie = Calimari

I'm just getting into Splatoon. No it didn't take me a year to figure that out lol.

Even without the disclaimer at the bottom, you wouldn't be the first to not get it until waaaaay later... Somehow, lol.

Hope you're enjoying the game!

I'm ready for Moray Towers. Jet Squelcher it is. I had fun trolling an E-Liter there the other day, so this should be fun. And the other two maps are also fine.

I plan on swapping my weapon repeatedly, but you saying this has settled a plan in my mind: I'm definitely going to start off and stick with Custom Jet Squelcher + massive Bomb Range Up until I get Towers against an E-Liter. After handing out massive annoyance to the poor sucker I'll switch. =)

Luigi87

One win away from A rank my team gets a disconnect. We definitely have the better team but we're getting beaten by always being outnumbered. I'm getting ready to rant post over here as soon as the match ends, but we come back and win in overtime, lol

So... I'm happy.

phanphare

Banned
both the splattershot and the rapid blaster deco are good for moray so hopefully the e-liters won't be too annoying. with the new layout it's easy enough to pressure them with a burst bomb throw or a blaster pop.

Yeah I can still use rapid deco or rapid pro deco for that set of maps, so I'd rather not get too upset. And admittedly towers is much better with the side areas for more movement.

So I made the mistake of wanting to get some practice before tomorrow, lost my S+, whatever, and um....

What the fuck is with all the brush users? Is this a new meme I'm not aware of?

ENDGAME BEGINS NOW!

Splatoon |OT| Captain Inkopolis: CIVIL WAR

Edit: Already on Champion for Team Marie. Going to sleep. Need to head out in the morning, but will finish later tonight.

Top Bottom