• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

I think there are signs of me being very passive aggressive with this game, and almost been getting little to no enjoyment for the very brief times I've played for the past 2 weeks or so........

Time for a break, I suppose?

StAidan

I think there are signs of me being very passive aggressive with this game, and almost been getting little to no enjoyment for the very brief times I've played for the past 2 weeks or so........

Time for a break, I suppose?

I've been on break for a couple weeks and will be for at least a bit longer since I'll be out of town next week. SplatGAF's play times don't coincide much with mine anymore, which is pretty sad, and I think contributed to my loss of interest in playing. Solo ranked just hasn't been fun with so many scrubs in S+ now.

It hasn't been all bad. The break gave me a chance to work on some other games in my library. I played very little outside of Splatoon for an entire year.

Wiseblade

Just noticed that I have the stage selection email. I voted for Saltspray Rig, it's by far my favourite of the original 5 maps.

Ideally I'd want Saltspray, Kelp Dome and Camp Triggerfish as the three maps selected but I understand that none of them are particularly popular.

What kit do you normally use for Rig? I wish they made the bottom walkways on Rig a little wider. Doing so would do 2 things:

1) Make the bottom area harder to lock down and allow more flow.

2) Make the top area not as important for turf wars.

Rig could potentially teach an interesting strategy of trapping an enemy team in an area that they tunnel-vision too much for, but the top area is worth too much for this to ever be effective.

The really weird thing is Rig is basically all about the walkways in ranked modes, which again are narrow and potentially easy to lock down. Eliters sniping from their raised spawn platforms is a strong strategy in this case, which is fairly annoying.

N'Zap '89 for Turf War and Mini Splatling for Splat Zones. I tend to avoid tower Control and Rainmaker, but on those I'd use a Heavy Splatling.
Oh cool, Mini Splatling as in the non-Zink version? It's pretty hard to find that kit out in the wild now, but imo it's pretty fun! :3 And yeah I guess vanilla Heavy would work pretty well on Rig. I've been dabbling in Heavy Remix lately which is also quite fun.

The really weird thing is Rig is basically all about the walkways in ranked modes, which again are narrow and potentially easy to lock down. Eliters sniping from their raised spawn platforms is a strong strategy in this case, which is fairly annoying.

I use my teammates to distract the sniper while sneak through the bottom to flush them out. Doesn't always work flawlessly but I tend to take over their spot when it does work. :)

ss-hikaru

Oh cool, Mini Splatling as in the non-Zink version? It's pretty hard to find that kit out in the wild now, but imo it's pretty fun! :3 And yeah I guess vanilla Heavy would work pretty well on Rig. I've been dabbling in Heavy Remix lately which is also quite fun.

I used the Mini Splatling until recently (splat zones and tower, but switching to the zink for rainmaker). I always understood why no one really used it, but since I like splatlings I stuck with it. But then i started to feel a bit down about it (cos I suck) and ended up ditching the mini splatling family for the heavy splatling family. Vanilla heavy does work pretty well on Rig. Although for Rainmaker Rig sometimes I switch to the heavy deco.

woopWOOP

I guess the stage voting e-mails have been sent out for awhile now? Haven't received anything yet.... tho I have multiple accounts tied to the same adress so maybe I got flagged or something :p

Pretty disappointing about the amiibo effects btw. Guess this truly will be the last time we'll have stages at night. Atleast I got my friend's amiibo for the squidbeats still.

ChrisD

When it says the game got updated before the Stage info, that's just talking about the amiibo stuff, right? Or are there more balance changes? (Or wait, were those balance changes that were posted a few pages back just put in?)

When it says the game got updated before the Stage info, that's just talking about the amiibo stuff, right? Or are there more balance changes? (Or wait, were those balance changes that were posted a few pages back just put in?)

There was a certain exploit with Quick Super Jump that gave players who did it, (for the most part) god mode / invisibility, because of one of the fixes they did in an earlier patch, so Nintendo did an emergency update to fix it.

ChrisD

There was a certain exploit with Quick Super Jump that gave players who did it, (for the most part) god mode / invisibility, because of one of the fixes they did in an earlier patch, so Nintendo did an emergency update to fix it.

Oh. Well, glad they responded quickly.

Wonder if that's why I saw a lot of QSJ in the two rounds I played? Probably coincidence.

So, after comfortably coasting my way up to B+, I seem to have hit a wall and am stuck in mid-B+ hell. Now I'm actually getting killed more often than I'm being useful, and when I am being useful, it's because my teammates will grab the Rainmaker and go the wrong way. I need to refine my techniques, I think.

So, after comfortably coasting my way up to B+, I seem to have hit a wall and am stuck in mid-B+ hell. Now I'm actually getting killed more often than I'm being useful, and when I am being useful, it's because my teammates will grab the Rainmaker and go the wrong way. I need to refine my techniques, I think.

Those ranks are hell for a reason. Where people know sorta what to do but others don't so yeah. Just stick with it and you'll bust out into the next hell, A-!

phanphare

Banned
blackbelly zones

lawd.png

I finally did it! All by myself :3

2IIzBaj.jpg

h3eXkAn.jpg

Now to get good with guns because I am awful with them. I end up getting paired with people in level 10s because of how bad I am.

Oh, there's nothing like the feeling of getting a triple kill from a Tower to send a Tower Control match into overtime... only to fall off over water and die.

Ogodei

Those ranks are hell for a reason. Where people know sorta what to do but others don't so yeah. Just stick with it and you'll bust out into the next hell, A-!

A's are bad too, aye. I only just broke into A+ and it feels like things are getting better, but i have good days and very bad ones (one where I peaked at A 87 and plunged to A 29 was followed by a day where i was literally undefeated and soared from 29 to A+ 30)

MH Generations launch will be well timed, right about the point when my frustration with this game will hit a breaking point, then I can just take a break off of it until Splatfest comes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did they give a reason why they are not doing them anymore? Considering it's popularity, I'm just surprised that they wouldn't leave a small team on it to just maintain it, like Bungie does with Destiny.

Did they give a reason why they are not doing them anymore? Considering it's popularity, I'm just surprised that they wouldn't leave a small team on it to just maintain it, like Bungie does with Destiny.
No reason given from what I know of =\ If there was any official word it would come from their twitter or tumblr, but I haven't seen anything.

abd

Splatoon doesn't have micro transactions like Destiny. Nor the player base buying DLC.

Wiseblade

Kelp Dome, Walleye, and Pit
Is this the final list? If so, I am comfortable with it. Kelp Dome was on my ideal list and I'm a big fan of Piranha Pit. Walleye is cool, but I wish it was Saltspray Rig instead.

But really, I'm just glad Moray Towers isn't on the list. Easily my least favourite map.

Some stuff SplatoonJP (twitter) and SplatoonUS (tumblr) posted:

Japan is getting a Splattershot replica watergun
SplatoonJP said:
このブキは「スプラシューター」。 攻撃力、射程、連射性と全ての性能が安定した標準的なシューター…って、これ実写だよな? イカ世界のブキをそのまま再現した水鉄砲が、サンアートさんから発売される。この夏はプールサイドでナワバリバトルだ!
CnZHhnqUsAEU-Br.jpg

And SplatoonUS put up North American versions of the Splatfest boxart cover (The printable covers are in the link)
SplatoonUS said:
Pledge your allegiance to Team Callie or Team Marie with this nifty printable alternative box art!
tumblr_oabpm7kMPL1u3akyno1_540.jpg

Ogodei

I never even got the email to vote.

That's been the refrain. I don't know what the deal is there. I want to vote Arowana - Blackbelly - Triggerfish. Get a setup where i can Squelch my way to victory.

Got up to S-rank, just in time for Monster Hunter to land and me to table this game for a bit. It's like a different world up there. It feels less chaotic than A+. Not so much of a skill difference as everything feels smoother. I don't know, it's hard to describe.

I just realized this Splatfest is during Comic-Con weekend, and the Nintendo Lounge is showcasing this once again.

I wonder if we'll get Team Callie and Team Marie t-shirt this time.

Top Bottom