• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

-shadow-

Reached the highest rank and I made the top of the tower!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01a7ut5.jpg

Clearly me and my fellow superior Callie supports are doing great!
I hope...

Weebos

Banned
Returned to this game for the last splatfest. It really is a special game, can't wait for more from this series.

I went to the weapon shop and had to sit through like 5 minutes of new weapons lol, any recommended rollers?

Koren

Returned to this game for the last splatfest. It really is a special game, can't wait for more from this series.

I went to the weapon shop and had to sit through like 5 minutes of new weapons lol, any recommended rollers?
I think Krak-on and Coro-coro are the most popular. I like Carbon myself because it's light (it's still 1HKO at point blank, anyway).

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Did my part. Take it home team Callie! Only second splatfest (after the very first) that I played up to King rank.

Got on a roll with a really good group toward the end. Won at least 10 in a row. Final match we won 93% to 1.8% in the Warehouse. :D

I'd say my team won probably 75% of matches this Splatfest. Though I did just back out after bad losses and was lucky to find a few good groups that stuck together last night and this morning.

I bought the Aerospray PG and used that exclusively afterward. Really like it as I like the bombs and Kraken more than the powerups on the RG or MG version.

Xeteh

I haven't really played Splatoon at all since last year but I wanted to come back and play some of this last splatfest but I'm still burned out. Doesn't help that Moray is one of the maps and its probably my least favorite.

Azure J

To hell with anyone using an inkbrush or bucket. The next Splatoon better have better weapon balance because I am so over that shit.

Brush class as a whole needs buffs. Buckets too, but I'd say more quality of life changes for their weapons (Sloshing Machines need a whole new thing though)...

I'm kinda curious what kinda brushes you guys have been running into now.

Brush class as a whole needs buffs. Buckets too, but I'd say more quality of life changes for their weapons (Sloshing Machines need a whole new thing though)...

I'm kinda curious what kinda brushes you guys have been running into now.

It's really that unbalanced?

I actually thought brushes were usually seen as quite unefficient weapons? What is the problem?

My problem with brushes and buckets is that both put up an impenetrable barrier. Like, "Wanna get through? Fuck you, you can't." All brush and bucket users have to do is spam the fire button (oftentimes combined with jumping) and, unless you have the higher ground, not even your shots can make it through. It's a cowardly way to play for people who'd rather not engage in a fair gun fight in a shooter.

Jims

Finished for the day. Ended up +105 on the climb to King. Found an odd-but-effective team of Soda/Heavy/.96/Dynamo that cleaned up for 10 straight games or so. The Callie teams seemed about on par with ours, from what I saw. That final boss music is really awesome to play multiplayer games with. Really gets you pumped!

Moray was our biggest struggle. I think it's because that map rewards teams who can go on the offensive and sneak into the overlook and ramps and stuff. We had a lot of heavier weapons that played better on the map control levels. A lot of the Moray games were stalemates as both teams tried to make a push, and would often come down to the wire.

Kelp Dome seems like the best Soda map in the game... Only dropped 2 or 3 games on it. Without the middle entrance in Turf, it's too easy to lock down the entire corner of the enemy's base and constantly harass people on the grates. Inkzooka played really well here too.

Our Walleye games were a mixed bag. I like Walleye as a map in general, but Turf plays too much like Zones. You either lock them out or they lock you out.

Azure J

My problem with brushes and buckets is that both put up an impenetrable barrier. Like, "Wanna get through? Fuck you, you can't." All brush and bucket users have to do is spam the fire button (oftentimes combined with jumping) and, unless you have the higher ground, not even your shots can make it through. It's a cowardly way to play for people who'd rather not engage in a fair gun fight in a shooter.

Well I mean, brushes are supposed to be the melee class. Without that "impenetrable barrier" that they have to get into range for, how do they pressure you when you can just swim, recenter and murder them without a second thought?

Koren

First, I don't think it's a shooter. You don't earn points by shooting, but by inking.

Then, I know the problem... Since I main Carbon roller, I have a really, really short range...

But are you sure that protect from ink? o_O I can still 1HKO them... The only issue for me is lag, but that's worse with chargers.

Seeing this talk about brushes and how you're apparently a barrier of all sorts or even things to be feared about, I have to ask, what kind of tactics are you using or seeing that makes me fail everytime?

Literally everything I try with brushes, the weapon classes are just the eternal struggle that feel like I need to invest over 18 million points of turf inked for each one before the sense of zen starts flowing within me; becoming an outright Nano Boosted Genji God with his Dragon Blade. Even being the sneaky flanker and getting someone by surprise, mashing the trigger as hard as I can to dump out ink blobs like there's no tomorrow, they just turn around and have 57 points of top kek up as they somehow survive the entire barrage, blowing me away.

Regiruler

This thread is a hopeless valley trapped in a temporal ouroboros.

The change of music is such an incredibly abnormal experience, yet I was the only one to comment on it?
You have yet to escape the rut even though the mud walls have melted to inches.

This thread is a hopeless valley trapped in a temporal ouroboros.

The change of music is such an incredibly abnormal experience, yet I was the only one to comment on it?
You have yet to escape the rut even though the mud walls have melted to inches.

V

Suddenly final boss music

Very fitting for this final splatfest :')

Oh hey the splatfest music theme changed to the squid sisters dj octavio theme. Neat.

Ahnez

The music change was so good

Its weird, it was so much easier to reach queen this time, compared to the last three/four splatfests

.. Its almost like my teammates actually knew what they were doing

Also.. Just saw this

GWX

I didn't feel like playing anymore, as Moray is my mortal enemy and I hate everyone who voted for it, but I need to enjoy that music.

JC Lately

Team Callie what the fuck!

I've talking you up all over the 'net! Miiverse! GAF! Reddit! Get with the gorram program! Are you trying to make me lose face? On the Internet? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!

Ahnez

Honestly my concern with this being the final Splatfest still remains...

No more night stages?
This also worries me

Almost every stage is better during the night

Lets hope they add an option in the next update, as there's no way to play on them after this splatfest..

J@hranimo

Banned
Well even though I took this Splatfest easy and had 3 different play sessions due to 48 hours (which was a really nice change. Less of a hassle to begin to get to King/Queen), I feel like it's a SplatGAF tradition to post the screencap of me getting to Marie King:

WVW69jbjgpgCuB4w0o

Also shoutout to them changing the song to Calamari Inkantation halfway through splatfest!

Hope these return with some twist in the sequel :)

Top Bottom