• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Does anyone else felt they couldn't pull their weight this time?
I thought I did very well for a person that hadn't played since last November. Wish I coulda gone with a roller to get kills but Moray Towers stopped that choice for me, opted for .96 gal for range and echo which served me+teammates well. Overall net-positive in points, so yay Marie.

ss-hikaru

What's this?

Ah that would be me using an incorrect term... I think it's called vibe in English? And I think it applies not daily but for each rotation (I usually can only play one rotation a day so I think of it as a daily reward ^^;). I think the tiers are 100, 400 and 1400 depending on how many flags you have.

Edit:
(the problem with me playing the Japanese version is I don't pay attention to the correct terms in English or in Japanese...whups)

I just want to apologise in case Toad's post causes any confusion (it's based on some comments I made in discord hence the wrong terminology, vagueness in details). I was in the middle of collecting my snails when I saw the tweet and pretty much just checked to confirm it was about changes to make up for no more snails cos no more splatfest. I figured it wasn't worth doing a semi-decent translation for since it'll get announced in English sooner or later. Eep XP

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Callie no =(

Hopefully there is indeed still a way to earn sea snails. Judd says he keeps track of your wins, so maybe every 20 wins or something he gives you a few snails as a reward next time you talk to him.

Are they calculating the Vibe level differently now? I'm still getting 1 point for a win but now it looks like I'm losing a full point for a loss. Wasn't it a half point for a loss before?

I'm glad I could play this Splatfest after leaving this game collecting dust for months since I started to work. Go Team Marie!

This game is really unique, I hope we get the sequel soon.

ss-hikaru

Are they calculating the Vibe level differently now? I'm still getting 1 point for a win but now it looks like I'm losing a full point for a loss. Wasn't it a half point for a loss before?

I went and double checked, it's:

Toasty (0.5 to 3) lose 0.5 of a flag
Smokin' (3.5 to 6) lose 1 flag
SO HAWT!!/On Fire! (6.5+) lose 1.5 flags

I got from the wiki so hopefully it's right! (better than trusting my memory :p)

Regiruler

I felt I performed horribly. For every match that I won, I lost soon afterwards, so it had taken me twice as long to reach the "Marie King" rank. It was literally 50/50, and I honestly didn't know what I did wrong.

So I was stuck at 1400 throughout this splatfest, anfd it makes me bummed that I won't get that big of a reward in snails. I can only put the blame on me, as my teammates (for the most part) did fine.

Does anyone else felt they couldn't pull their weight this time?
I lost a majority of my games, a first for me.

Yet my reaction speed and accuracy has been among the best I've ever played in a splatfest, so maybe everyone else got better too?

Koren

I wish they would change the night/day at the same time they're doing rotations...

And I hope we'll be able to earn snails one way or another...

If Marie wins, she will be snarky, yes. It will irritate you the way she lords her victory over Callie, but you know what? It will be funny.
Well, I don't know how that went in english, but here, it wasn't funny, just lame...

I went and double checked, it's:

Toasty (0.5 to 3) lose 0.5 of a flag
Smokin' (3.5 to 6) lose 1 flag
SO HAWT!!/On Fire! (6.5+) lose 1.5 flags

I got from the wiki so hopefully it's right! (better than trusting my memory :p)
That's it, and it has been like this at least since summer 2015 (and probably since the beginning).

Reading twitter, seems like 10 wins or +10 vibe will give you one SSS from Judd.
That would be amazing O_O

Also yesssss happy to see that team Marie pulled forward in the end :p I was honestly thinking that te Callie got it, but it would be close. I played Rapid Blaster Deco till about 77/99 towards Queen, then I finished up with Rapid Blaster Pro Deco. I did some carrying, but I got carried plenty too. I'm mostly satisfied with the teammates that I got as a whole :p

For everyone that participated, GG WP!

You mean, they're actually making the alluring Super Sea Snails more common now, and they're giving you more money if you win in a Turf War? This is bigger / better than the Final Splatfest Results (which I can't really care to even read the results of).

The reroll system Spyke has in-store is still a complete crap-shoot and something that needs to be changed in the next game, but at least Nintendo is making the process of getting the sufficient funds needed all the more easier so that long grind to get money is shortened tremendously, and the pay-off with a (more than likely) bad reroll won't be as grueling.

tldr; Thank god Nintendo reduced the time needed in the process of getting a reroll, but the "potential" reward in the reroll system itself is still bad.

Though this does question the need of going into squads just to get some money now, since you do get big money if you win, but get nothing if you lose on an average of every 3-6 minutes (waiting times and searching for matches included). Compare that to Turf War where you can strike big no matter what, and just win even bigger every 3-4 minutes.

Reminds me of what is happening with Pokemon; EV/IV RNG is a pain in the butt, but the Pokemon Company/Nintendo?/Game Freak? are at least introducing ways to make the RNG less painful or more accessible (Destiny Knot and Hyper Training).

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm pretty sure it's 30 wins for 1 super sea snail from Judd whether it be from turf or ranked.

It also seems likely because with the upped win bonus in turf being 1000pts. 1000pts for win bonus x 30 wins (let's assume just turf) = 30,000 money. What is 30,000 money equivalent to? 1 super sea snail.

It's like a bonus snail. Also congrats to fellow Team Marie people for doing your part! Gonna miss Splatfest for the colors and night time maps =/

Reading twitter, seems like 10 wins or +10 vibe will give you one SSS from Judd.

I just reached チョーシサイコー!!+10.0 and he didn't give me anything ;//

Okay, I've played a fair bit and he still won't give me anything. It feels like I won 30 times, maybe I miscounted.

I wonder if the cat started counting the wins after I talked to him :/

tumblr_oatwe07q9G1qhv8w1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oatwe07q9G1qhv8w1o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oatwe07q9G1qhv8w1o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oatwe07q9G1qhv8w1o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_oatwe07q9G1qhv8w1o5_1280.jpg
Source

Ahnez

To put into perspective, if you would get 6 points/win in a splatfest (4 for the victory + 2 for 400 turf inked), 30 victories would give you 180 points.

You need 184 points to go from fangirl/fanboy 0 to queen/king

Luigi87

To put into perspective, if you would get 6 points/win in a splatfest (4 for the victory + 2 for 400 turf inked), 30 victories would give you 180 points.

You need 184 points to go from fangirl/fanboy 0 to queen/king

The trade-off is you still got at least +2 for a loss.
Here nothing for the loss, but matches can also go quicker if you win (or lose) with a Knockout (if playing Ranked)

But at least it exists and isn't limited to one weekend I guess, even if that is a lot of points just for... one.

ffdgh

Now if only the snail thing and extra 1000 turf war points were there originally a year ago...Oh well better late than never.

ChrisD

Shame nobody else ever got Milk Tea's color. Many would probably laugh because "hurhurr white ink" but I really liked that color combo...

The lemon-lime color combination looks crazy bright but is actually sort of nice.

-shadow-

It's a shame that some of those colours were left for only Splatfest. Sure no doubt a while bunch would laugh at the white colour. But it really does look great.

ss-hikaru

I know there are heaps of these types of surveys around but I thought this was was kinda funny (particularly some of the pictures they use LOL). It's in Japanese so I'll provide a rough translation (and for the survey link a google translation haha).

Splatoon Examination Optimal Weapon

1. Do you like being in a shoot out?
Left - Love it!
Right - Hate it.

2. The enemy is sighted! At what distance do you engage them?
Left - Close ranged shoot out.
Center - Support from a medium distance.
Right - Attack safely from far away.

3. Fire rate or damage, which is of a higher priority to you?
Left - Fire rate.
Center - Damage.
Right - A balance between the two is best.

4. Which aspect is most essential for a win?
Left - Always aiming for kills
literal translation: overwhelming attack force
Center - Not dying.
Right - Supporting your teammates.

5. Do you have confidence in your aim?
Left - Hell yeah.
Center - Nope.
Right - Dunno.

I....got 3K Eliter Scope LOL ;A;

J@hranimo

Banned
I know there are heaps of these types of surveys around but I thought this was was kinda funny (particularly some of the pictures they use LOL). It's in Japanese so I'll provide a rough translation (and for the survey link a google translation haha).

1. Do you like being in a shoot out?
Left - Love it!
Right - Hate it.

2. The enemy is sighted! At what distance do you engage them?
Left - Close ranged shoot out.
Center - Support from a medium distance.
Right - Attack safely from far away.

3. Fire rate or damage, which is of a higher priority to you?
Left - Fire rate.
Center - Damage.
Right - A balance between the two is best.

4. Which aspect is most essential for a win?
Left - Always aiming for kills
literal translation: overwhelming attack force
Center - Not dying.
Right - Supporting your teammates.

5. Do you have confidence in your aim?
Left - Hell yeah.
Center - Nope.
Right - Dunno.

I got .52 Gal. Lmao what?!?!?!?!

RedFyn

Looking for the roller and the game starts trolling

1. Right
2. Left
3. Center
4. Left
5. Right

Dynamo

1. Right
2. Left
3. Center
4. Left
5. Center

Dynamo

1. Right
2. Left
3. Center
4. Left
5. Left

E-bomber

-.-

ChrisD

Answered: Hate It, Support from Medium Distance, a Balance, Not Dying, and Nope for Aim

Got my Jr. It knows what it's saying to a degree!

Top Bottom