• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Kodaman

Last splatfest pic i guess.
WVW69jbl8V0uEIooW8

I did my part.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
WVW69jbj5i4C9fcRjg

My highest power; glad I got to the 2000+ range. I may try at it to see if I can do a little higher in the final hours, but otherwise I'm satisfied with this finish.

Now to play the waiting game for the inevitable results of who is the superior Squid Sister. ;_;

Congratulations on all the high scores guys and gals!

I'm 75 out of 99 and am taking a break before trying to getting Splatfest King one last time.

It's only 4 win or twelve loses now. Honestly I think they should make Splatfest give 3 in a loss. I know 600 would be a lot for splattershot. Maybe give a point per 150 inked?

blamite

Okay, the little Callie/Marie eyes on the Splatfest power meter in the lobby are the best, tiniest to the point of being almost unnoticeable little touch.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So here's how my final Splatfest went in terms of wins and losses in the service of Callie:

At Fanboy rank: L, L, L, L, W

At Fiend rank: L, L, L, W, W, W

At Defender rank: L, W, L, W, W, L, W, W, L, L, L, L, W

At Champion rank: W, W, L, W, W, W, L, W, L, L, L, L, W, W, W, L, L, W, L, L, W, L, W, W

At King/Queen rank: W, W

Yes, I started the Splatfest off with a four-game losing streak, one of three four-loss streaks of the Splatfest for me. Y'know, a typical Splatfest for me. My best win streak was the one I ended with: a four-game one. It took that to get back to a .500 record, so I decided to end there on a high note. (It took 23 wins and 25 losses to reach King.)

I've always played Splatoon as a boy character, but I had to switch to a girl for the first time to get dat Callie Queen title:

Hope our team wins! If not, we won't hear the end of Marie's insufferable sass...

Nia

I was going to try to make it to queen, but further matches served to remind me why I quit playing Splatoon for a while. Guess I'll stop here.

Marie was #1 even while taking loss after loss in prior Fests, Callie was just liked for her free wins. :eek:

One of the reasons I initially favored Marie was that it seemed Callie was primed as #1 Squid Sister,
further supported by being Agent #1
. With her being on the left, speaking first. She also had the black hair and wore pink which seemed colors people would prefer to Marie's.

Though now Callie seems just too mean. I didn't like it when Callie wanted to be Team Marie (how it should have been IMO this early in Splatoon) and Marie didn't reciprocate.

So here's how my final Splatfest went in terms of wins and losses in the service of Callie:

At Fanboy rank: L, L, L, L, W

At Fiend rank: L, L, L, W, W, W

At Defender rank: L, W, L, W, W, L, W, W, L, L, L, L, W

At Champion rank: W, W, L, W, W, W, L, W, L, L, L, L, W, W, W, L, L, W, L, L, W, L, W, W

At King/Queen rank: W, W

Yes, I started the Splatfest off with a four-game losing streak, one of three four-loss streaks of the Splatfest for me. Y'know, a typical Splatfest for me. My best win streak was the one I ended with: a four-game one. It took that to get back to a .500 record, so I decided to end there on a high note. (It took 23 wins and 25 losses to reach King.)

I've always played Splatoon as a boy character, but I had to switch to a girl for the first time to get dat Callie Queen title:

Hope our team wins! If not, we won't hear the end of Marie's insufferable sass...
Sounds pretty similar to my experience. It just seemed like most Team Callie players are exceptionally terrible.

Because it couldn't be that I'm bad. That would be impossible.

WVW69jbnM0UnI3HQ6C

Was able to get to Splatfest King one final time. The final run was 4-1.

I'm happy. I've only missed two Splatfests, one for Christmas and the one before this. I unfortunately just forgot in both cases.

I'm kind of sad to not get get any more Super Sea Snails but I don't think I could level up everything anyway.

I had thought Marie would lose after my early losing streaks but I had plenty of winning ones too. Also while matches took a bit to connect I only faced my own team once.

I wonder what will happen if Marie wins both wins and popularity?

Agreed! =)

Yeah. I still had to go Team Marie though. We'll see what happens with Splatoon 2. I could definitely change my allegiance.

I should sleep, it's 3:34 AM here on the East Coast.

Nia

Got my 2nd wind and made it to Marie Queen. Now I await the appointed time. Just before the Splatfest ends I'll engage in one last battle.

Dear Callie fans,

Do you even realize that every clever quip, every witty comeback in Splatoon has proceeded from the digital lips of our Holy Queen Marie? She is the funny bone in our tentacles, the element of humor in every news update; she is what makes Callie's cuteness and naivete endearing rather than revolting, and without her she is nothing.

If Marie wins, she will be snarky, yes. It will irritate you the way she lords her victory over Callie, but you know what? It will be funny.

If Callie wins, whatever she says will be tantamount to "Yay, I won! Callie power!". Just. Like. Every. Previous. Time.

This is the last Splatfest. Our last chance to hear new dialogue from the Squid Sisters.

You're on the wrong side of history.

ChrisD

Got out of bed at 3AM to play one last hour. @-@

Had something like a twelve win streak... And the last game was capped off by some *hat who died repeatedly while spamming Booyah and then just started skipping in base. Screw you, Moscorat. I hope the Block function on the Wii U works. I was gonna go back to bed all happy and stuff.

I'm actually seriously tempted to stay up til 5 just to be able to be one of the first to upload the results to YouTube. I totally could, too, I just know that such a thing is a freaking stupid move for health...

DAMN IT

I knew I should have come on earlier. I ended at 97/99. /headdesk

omg I'm sorry for you. My complaints are just a baby whining with this right behind them. D:

I still wish they would have continued Splatfests for longer. I'm going to miss the night stages, different music, and piles of snails. This is what really sucks about online multiplayer games. :(

ChrisD

Remember guys, no matter who wins, the best sister is the Squid Sisters.

tumblr_o9ycnscon81qhv8w1o2_500.jpg

This is true.

Also I haven't played Ranked in a month and just tried for kicks after the Fest ended. Is there uh... Is there anything the Tentatek can't do? Especially on Tower Control? You can just stack Defense or Speed with this thing and laugh while you win Offense and Defense.

And just like that it's over, and with such ittle fanfare. I half-expected a Splatoon 2 tease, or at least a longer goodbye.

"Well, I guess that's it. I'm really going to miss this."

Me too, Marie. Me too. :;(

I'm salty about they mix the results for all regions, thought Japan will get a separate one. I think if they separate it Callie will win in Japan. :p

Anyway, bye Splatfest, see you in Splatoon 2. ;_; \~/

The first and only time I remember choosing based on what I thought would win. Naturally, this means I got it wrong and picked the losing team. @_@

I expected something more after "I'm going to miss this," but there was nothing.

You know what would have been nice for the final one? Both teams get an equal and larger than normal amount of snails. I would have asked if we could do something nice like that if I was involved behind the scenes.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
So according to this tweet from the Official Splatoon Account, the Daily Reward Bonus from Judd is going to be increased in light of the fact that there will no longer be splatfests. Interesting final development.

*Thanks to ss-hikaru for spotting this so quickly.

EDIT: Apparently Turf Wars now award 1000+ extra points for winning, up from the original +300. Wow. That's quite a buff.

So according to this tweet from the Official Splatoon Account, the Daily Reward Bonus from Judd is going to be increased in light of the fact that there will no longer be splatfests. Interesting final development.

EDIT: Apparently Turf Wars now award 1000+ extra points for winning, up from the original +300. Wow. That's quite a buff.

Oh wow. People are going to be clawing for victory. They should really give a +300 to losers too.

I'm guessing if you hit 7.0 he'll give you a Super Sea Snail now.

Blues1990

I felt I performed horribly. For every match that I won, I lost soon afterwards, so it had taken me twice as long to reach the "Marie King" rank. It was literally 50/50, and I honestly didn't know what I did wrong.

So I was stuck at 1400 throughout this splatfest, anfd it makes me bummed that I won't get that big of a reward in snails. I can only put the blame on me, as my teammates (for the most part) did fine.

Does anyone else felt they couldn't pull their weight this time?

ss-hikaru

It might not be Daily Reward Bonus, sorry I don't pay enough attention to the Japanese names for stuff
(because all the people I talk to about Splatoon wouldn't have a clue what I am going on about so i don't bother haha)
. My prediction was they would increase the Daily Reward Bonus after the last splatfest to make up for lack of snails so when I read reward I just assumed it was the Daily one. It might be the increase to 1000 points in turf that you mentioned. But they do say they want us to find out what special bonus Judd might give so sounds like we get something more as well! :)

Top Bottom