• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Bulbasaur

Banned
#South Pole

I had so many dc's it was laughable. I missed the last Splatfest but I have a feeling this one won't be a total washout like the Rock v Pop one.

Also my Luna blaster skills don't translate well to turf wars. I've been spending far too much time in Ranked it seems.

fhqwhgads

I actually managed to get to king/queen on south. It was a struggle. Had luck with a few teams actually working well together.
I think the penguin appeal attracted younger players.. Or something.

This was my first splatfest... It really isn't that fun, is it? Getting locked out of other gamemodes is the worst. u-u
My thoughts exactly. At least give the option to opt out if you don't want to suffer from random matchmaking.

taparoo

Fortunate to have been on team marshmallow, even though the win feels cheap. I was on team cat in the first splatfest, so I'll just consider this redemption for the undeserved loss I picked up in that splatfest :)

Highwind

WVW69iRaoQQqigXkOm

Done my part, need a break now.

We can win, #NorthPole.

woopWOOP

Seventh time everybody poofed out of game with 30 seconds or less left on the timer.
Shit really puts a damper on getting Splatfest ranks,

phanphare

Banned
welp...I'm 0-3 for Splatfests lol

time to waste all of my sea snails, not get the rolls I want, and then get the exact roll I want once I go out of pocket. Spyke man, fuckin' junkie.

Ansatz

Judging by Miiverse posts, team South will take this. The Kings/Queens have a higher average win streak. I don't get it, what is it that Sleep and South have that attract the more skilled players? Fuck this if I loose.

StAidan

Glad to see Marshmallow won, that marks my first Splatfest victory! 24 sea snails that I will, in all likelihood, waste on rerolling a single piece of equipment in my inventory. lol.

Zing

Banned
Didn't think team marshmallow would win with all those kid teammates
I expect that many children didn't even participate. The popular vote doesn't even require you to play. They probably picked a team, then never even showed up to splatfest.

I can never tell which team is better. I always win almost every match but then you have people from other team with the same experience.

The real easter egg in that video is how the GameExplain guy reveals that he was born in 1996.

Nico_D

I've got a lobby ready for a private match. Everybody, come join.

My NNID's Messer_Schmitt

or through some other joinee...(is that a word?)

correojon

Judging by Miiverse posts, team South will take this. The Kings/Queens have a higher average win streak. I don't get it, what is it that Sleep and South have that attract the more skilled players? Fuck this if I loose.
Hard to say, I'm team North and have been winning more than 90% of my matches...

Doorman

Even with 64-36 popularity and a very close 48-52, the final result had a difference of only 6 points lol

If nothing else, I hope that demonstrates to people that win percentage really will be the deciding factor so long as the categories to pick from aren't completely lopsided like they were in this case. That's more an issue on Nintendo's part for needing to figure out teams that don't have what'll be an obvious popular team from the get-go.

Who is even determining the splatfest themes for each region? The dev team needs to create assets for each new splatfest, so is there some group in each region that's giving them feedback on what sort of themes to run? Outside of the first splatfest, the NA ones have been very summer-oriented so I wonder if they'll be trying to keep things similarly timely throughout the rest of the year, rather than the EU 'fests which have had more general questions.

Jackano

Hard to say, I'm team North and have been winning more than 90% of my matches...

I would have said the exact opposite yesterday, but today it seems I've got way better teams.
Only got one North vs. North game, so to me it seems it will be a very close call overall, both for popularity and win ratio.

Jackano

Despite having the highest rate of fire, they rarely do anything.
I'm always getting the most points as Slosher...

Don't know what games you've been playing... I play aerospray and almost everytime got first place in ink in turf wars. Same for the other aerosprays I see, high ink scores.
N-Zappers are sometimes pretty good, high kill count and decent ink score.

javac

Man this Splatfest was a whirlwind of emotions. At first I was paired up with some players who weren't doing us any favors, basically we were getting trounced. Then, I became a part of a crazy team. A team which was unstoppable. Multiple times our competitors were in the single digits percentage wise and it was fantastic. Good times ensued. Everyone knew the drill and their role. One of the players left after a good run. I saluted him, but the rest of the team fought on. As time went on, members came and went but one person in particular stuck with us. Eventually as I neared the end of Champion, the team was disbanded after a communication error and I bid the last remaining member farewell.
After that, I become privy to a streak of loses as I jumped from team to team. Eventually I got back into a decent team, but as I reached North Pole Queen, I bid adieu.

I wanted to add those members to my friends list, but there not in my friend history anymore. Take care guys, and never lose faith in Father Squidmas. Merry Squidmas everyone. Miracles do happen.

Top Bottom