• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Africanus

Splatfest always makes me a tad sad.

I remember gaining this one teammate who was a fellow squelcher. I was a custom Jet-squelcher, he a custom Dual-squelcher. We fought together for multiple battles side by side, defending our team. I saved him with burst bombs and Krakens, he supported my advances with beakons and Killer Wails. The wins racked up and up. I recall one match on top of the skatepark tower where we defended the territory all around the entire match, even in the face of inkstrike after inkstrike and enemy charges.

We were a great team. Unfortunately, it came to an end when we both became Hot-dog Kings. One more match and he was gone. I dropped off soon afterwards. The Brothers Squelchermazov.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Of course all the good players will get to top rank early and drop out. This leaves the masses to rack up the loses. Between Champion and King/Queen you only need 20 matches of pure wins before you leave. Bad players could reach as many as 50 rounds of loses before it's time to call it quits.

OryoN

Despite having the highest rate of fire, they rarely do anything.
I'm always getting the most points as Slosher...

The slosher isn't exactly a slouch ya know. It's very effective for turf wars! I'm not sure I'd list the N-zap in there (unless it's the one with sprinkler and inkstrike). Despite its high fire rate, it has a really weird inkspray pattern(leaves many unpainted gaps) and not much spread, making it much less effective at covering turf than the Aerospray, matics, or Jr. Other than that, I'd say you probably just had a few bad teammates and/or players who just came for kills.

Oidisco

No idea what's going on, but I'm playing like an absolute beast today! Won every game today with amount of kills and very few deaths in every game.

Only lost a 3v4, but it was very very close

taparoo

Splatfest always makes me a tad sad.

I remember gaining this one teammate who was a fellow squelcher. I was a custom Jet-squelcher, he a custom Dual-squelcher. We fought together for multiple battles side by side, defending our team. I saved him with burst bombs and Krakens, he supported my advances with beakons and Killer Wails. The wins racked up and up. I recall one match on top of the skatepark tower where we defended the territory all around the entire match, even in the face of inkstrike after inkstrike and enemy charges.

We were a great team. Unfortunately, it came to an end when we both became Hot-dog Kings. One more match and he was gone. I dropped off soon afterwards. The Brothers Squelchermazov.

I had a really good team in the early AM hours of Saturday. We all hit king/queen together, and the ones that hit max rank first stuck around while me and the other lower one maxed out. then we got disconnected and I was sad. But if you go to friends list and look at recently played with you might be able to find them.... I was pleasantly surprised with friend requests from all 3 afterwards

xinek

The only expiration is in claiming them unless they fixed that oversight.

Still can't believe that happened. I made it to Cat Queen with nothing to show for the grind. Unreal, and I'm sure they're not going to retroactively award the snails. Ugh.

Doorman

Hahaha wow. Have a splatoon stream on in the background while doing other things. This guy's doing 4-squid squad battles, and they came up against a Japanese team using 4 Sploosh-o-Matics. The groans and "oh god" from all of his teammates over skype was pretty great. Beakons, beakons everywhere.

KingBroly

Banned
They need to change the times Splatfest happens and/or make it more than one day. Midnight to Midnight just doesn't work that well for me.

Effect

Didn't even realize it was going to be over a midnight est. I was thinking midnight pst so I was surprised when it closed on me as soon as i got Hot Dog Champion. Was hoping to get King this time as I didn't last Splatfest. Oh well. Guess I need to get on earlier. I did notice players were a lot more competitive this time around. Had a LOT of close games this session.

Skarnet

Banned
Hi all. I've been lurking gaf for quite some time, and finally got an e-mail address that GAF accepted :) Would love to try my luck againt some fellow gaffers in this lovely game. NNID: Skarnet

Naar

just got back from gamescom and looking to play with people in ranked here!

I am rank A- and level 23 so far. My only issue is my connection :( (i play with a little lag)

i play throughout the day (usually a couple of hours in the morning/afternoon/night) GMT time

PM me if you wanna add me and play ranked together sometime

EndMerit

bJc6aml.jpg
Best splatfest for me so far. Got to +35 at best, but more importantly found two amazing teams, and afterwards got few accepted friend requests from best of them.

Now to wait for team Callie North Pole's victory announcement.

javac

You know, when playing today a weird thing happened. I was playing in a pretty decent team and we were up against a team of very low level players, some in single digit levels. It got to the point where they couldn't even spawn because I was right up to their neck killing them instantly, and you know what? I felt sorry for them. The image of kids playing and getting killed over and over made me sad...so I kind of went easy on them. Gave them a chance. Man I'm such a weirdo :p The guilt is real.

oni-link

Has anyone else been having connection issues since the update?

I started yesterday with the Splatfest, attempted about 8 matches, only finished one of them, it would run fine and lag free for the first minute and then come up with "unstable connection"

I tried again today, tried about 5 matches, finished none

Tried again just now, after the Splatfest was over, and it's still happening

It's annoying because I have played 55 hours of this game, and in those first 55 hours I'd get maybe one disconnect every 15 or 20 games, now it's literally unplayable. Nothing has changed on my end, so it must be the update

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Why is it always Japanese players in squad matches..

I'm fucking tired of dying after the player is dead and their ink is not there immediately

Dear god, I actually was on the winning team for a Splatfest? Well I guess that is redemption for losing with Team Sleep on popularity. Pingu forever.

Geg

Has anyone else been having connection issues since the update?

I started yesterday with the Splatfest, attempted about 8 matches, only finished one of them, it would run fine and lag free for the first minute and then come up with "unstable connection"

I tried again today, tried about 5 matches, finished none

Tried again just now, after the Splatfest was over, and it's still happening

It's annoying because I have played 55 hours of this game, and in those first 55 hours I'd get maybe one disconnect every 15 or 20 games, now it's literally unplayable. Nothing has changed on my end, so it must be the update

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?

That's something that's just been happening to random people after the update. Nintendo knows about it and is trying to work on a fix.

Yazoo91

Neo Member
North Pole more popular with 52% of vote but South pole 52% win rate

Am 2-1 in Splatfests now. Recovered from team pop disaster haha

EndMerit

Wow, 52%-48% popularity and 48%-52% battles. Closer than I anticipated.

No matter, I'll admit that penguins at least have better gifs :D
18 snails is more than enough for me.

oni-link

That's something that's just been happening to random people after the update. Nintendo knows about it and is trying to work on a fix.

Ah, that's good to know, I'll drop the game for a week or so and come back to it and hopefully it will be fixed by then

Top Bottom