• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Rize_21

Welp we got crushed, time to burn these snails. And rank up to S.
Sticking with Marie is the way to go in the end, hope the next theme will be something funky.

NotLiquid

Team Marie may have won this round but it came at the cost of getting coal for Christmas.

tumblr_n47bqtF9od1r5chmeo1_400.jpg

Spyke, you are officially the biggest asshole ever.

I've just blown 22 sea shells re-rolling my Pilot Goggles, and only 2 of those rolls have contained 2 Special Duration Up, most of them had none at all. My Strapping Reds rolled 3x Ink Saver Main within 4 rolls. Now I don't have any shells left to fix my White Inky Rider.

Nico_D

You know, when playing today a weird thing happened. I was playing in a pretty decent team and we were up against a team of very low level players, some in single digit levels. It got to the point where they couldn't even spawn because I was right up to their neck killing them instantly, and you know what? I felt sorry for them. The image of kids playing and getting killed over and over made me sad...so I kind of went easy on them. Gave them a chance. Man I'm such a weirdo :p The guilt is real.

I had that too. At Arowana Mall. And I also felt the guilt. I was at 97 points at the time and I was so fed up with the whole Splatfest and I just wanted it to stop. And it was stupid and low.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
North Pole deserves the loss for believing Father Christmas comes from the North Pole rather than Lapland.

Zing

Banned
Of course all the good players will get to top rank early and drop out. This leaves the masses to rack up the loses. Between Champion and King/Queen you only need 20 matches of pure wins before you leave. Bad players could reach as many as 50 rounds of loses before it's time to call it quits.
I am S rank and played for two extra hours last night despite being King earlier in the day. I did my part!!

phanphare

Banned
man I'm really loving the splatling gun. it's doing really well on kelp dome and moray towers. on moray I can just camp up on the first level above the middle and then move forward to the middle when my team has control and is pushing to their side. then for kelp dome I can shoot over every wall pretty much. I have also really come to love the splash wall. on moray towers I'll just chuck it in the center every now and again to either help my team or to just put a roadblock in front of the other team to make them easier to shoot at. it's also nice to throw out in ways enemies don't expect, like throwing it so you're both on the same side of the wall but then swimming to the other side to both get the splat and get to the area you originally intended to get to.

Nightbird

I am most comfortable with the Roller to be honest. I gladly take the limited range for the power and amount of pink I can spread with it.

I will still try the other weapons though. Maybe I'll find a surprise favorite weapon!

Has anyone else been having connection issues since the update?

I started yesterday with the Splatfest, attempted about 8 matches, only finished one of them, it would run fine and lag free for the first minute and then come up with "unstable connection"

I tried again today, tried about 5 matches, finished none

Tried again just now, after the Splatfest was over, and it's still happening

It's annoying because I have played 55 hours of this game, and in those first 55 hours I'd get maybe one disconnect every 15 or 20 games, now it's literally unplayable. Nothing has changed on my end, so it must be the update

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?
Another EU player? Sums up the game for me as well. I think the patch did or maybe the PAL version has some messed up netcode for some reason (I'm thinking it might be mainly PAL users affected though most people don't post region when saying they have problem but those that have are all PAL).

I contacted NOE and they seem to think it is the server and to try again when it is less busy (typical dismissal from NOE though someone else who contacted them claimed it had been forwarded to head office)...which makes no sense considering the nature of the problem and who is affected (if it was the server it would be everyone rather than the same individuals over and over and also it would happen during the match making part when the server is actually doing something and not the peer to peer section).

For giggles I tried some games after the Splatfest (I'm not going to ruin my chances of getting snails form being on the winning side...which I did, yeah 4 snails) and all but two failed. So how did those games go: 3 v 4 and 1 v 4 (technically the failed games would 3v4 at the minimum but I obviously couldn't witness them). I've never had a 1 v 4 before so that gives me hope they have a real problem rather than a small problem they will ignore.

So I'm not sure what to roll for on my White Inky Rider jacket, can anyone give suggestions? The outfit is to be used for Carbon Roller, Inkbrush Nouveau, Octobrush, Octobrush Nouveau and maybe Slosher. I'll only be going for 2 subs max since trying to roll 3 that aren't Run Speed Up would be impossible.

STN1w4J.jpg

jariw

Another EU player? Sums up the game for me as well. I think the patch did or maybe the PAL version has some messed up netcode for some reason (I'm thinking it might be mainly PAL users affected though most people don't post region when saying they have problem but those that have are all PAL).

I contacted NOE and they seem to think it is the server and to try again when it is less busy (typical dismissal from NOE though someone else who contacted them claimed it had been forwarded to head office)...which makes no sense considering the nature of the problem and who is affected (if it was the server it would be everyone rather than the same individuals over and over and also it would happen during the match making part when the server is actually doing something and not the peer to peer section).

For giggles I tried some games after the Splatfest (I'm not going to ruin my chances of getting snails form being on the winning side...which I did, yeah 4 snails) and all but two failed. So how did those games go: 3 v 4 and 1 v 4 (technically the failed games would 3v4 at the minimum but I obviously couldn't witness them). I've never had a 1 v 4 before so that gives me hope they have a real problem rather than a small problem they will ignore.

Do you guys use wired connections? My impression of the 2.0 update is that Splatoon now seems to disconnect people with bad connections rather than keeping lagging players as they did before. During the whole NoE Splatfest, I noticed only one lagging player (using a wired connection myself), and to me this Splatfest was great. The previous Splatfests were really annoying however, with all kinds of connection issues. This Splatfest only had some connection lost error when trying to connect to the other team in the lobby, but never during gameplay.

kunonabi

just had a 30-9 game in Tower Control which is easily my best single game so far. Still only barely won with these terrible overtime rules. It looks like I'm fairly getting comfortable with a weapon type finally.

Blasters will probably be my focus going forward. The short range isn't much of issue since every other weapon I try gets outranged anyway. I just wish the blaster wasn't so weak. I hit people dead on and it still takes multiple shots sometimes. Will damage up help alleviate that?

Azure J

> uses snails for rerolls and not slots
> complains Spyke doesn't give good rolls

You were straight up asking for that. I've learned one thing in Splatoon. Money speaks.

I've pretty much added slots to everything I want to already. My greatest disappointment in last night's gambling was that I did not try to fix other "2slot good/1 slot eh" shirts versus that Shrimp Pink Polo. The only reason I went that HAM on it was because I never see anyone wearing a perfect version of it. =/

I also wish if my luck were even better with the Squidvader Cap. If that thing had gotten 2 ink recoveries (or 3 for whatever reason), I'd be hard pressed to keep wearing the fake contacts. :lol

You know what, after seeing your luck I think I'll just stick to my two Ink Saver Main and one Special Charge Up on the Strapping Reds. Seems Ink Saver Main x3 is destined not to be.

Spyke, you are officially the biggest asshole ever.

I've just blown 22 sea shells re-rolling my Pilot Goggles, and only 2 of those rolls have contained 2 Special Duration Up, most of them had none at all. My Strapping Reds rolled 3x Ink Saver Main within 4 rolls. Now I don't have any shells left to fix my White Inky Rider.

I'm gonna need for you to show up in more of my games with those on. Those are the new Krak-Ons for me. :lol

Doorman

I feel at times like I've reached a plateau with this game, and now the more I play, the worse and stupider I become at it and the more upset it makes me. Then again part of this might just be the continuation of weapon testing but I really hate getting consistently outplayed against randoms, regardless of what I'm using. Feels like I've only had one actually good game in the 90 minutes or so that I've played today and it's making me want to throw furniture over.

Well, at least I was able to somewhat confirm that last night's utter failure with the .96 was a fluke as much as anything, it felt better to use it in a couple of matches today but I'm really feeling like I might need to shop for a new main.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do you guys use wired connections? My impression of the 2.0 update is that Splatoon now seems to disconnect people with bad connections rather than keeping lagging players as they did before. During the whole NoE Splatfest, I noticed only one lagging player (using a wired connection myself), and to me this Splatfest was great. The previous Splatfests were really annoying however, with all kinds of connection issues. This Splatfest only had some connection lost error when trying to connect to the other team in the lobby, but never during gameplay.
Splatfest had some really bad connections going on late last night in the PAL region. In fact some of the worst, saw one guy literally warping, something not even the notorious laggy Japanese players do.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, that's so cool :D

We know that white is hidden in there somewhere.
Technically any colour exists since it seems to just use RGB values according to hackers. Set it to 255,255,255 and hey presto white ink!

EDIT: Oh no, double post. I usually don't do that.

Nerf the aerospray too

This way, less players will use it, leading to less 4x aerospray teams getting destroyed by long ranged weapons

Even with long range I don't think any team can keep a 4x aerospray team down for very long cause those things ink turf like crazy.

Top Bottom