• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

prateeko

woah, those are some crazy comcast speeds

fwiw I've put in like 250 hours and I rarely have connection issues

this is on 20mbps down/5mbps up internet, I am wired though

Does that warning indicate the issue is on my end or someone else? I believe my upload speeds are routinely closer to 10 Mbps, but still I shouldn't have this many errors, should I?

phanphare

Banned
Does that warning indicate the issue is on my end or someone else? I believe my upload speeds are routinely closer to 10 Mbps, but still I shouldn't have this many errors, should I?

I'm not really sure, I want to say that it indicates an issue on your end even if that indication is false

which is has to be because with your speeds you should be fine

I've been told a couple of times that I didn't have an internet connection only to post about it on GAF with my internet connection haha

nom

I'm convinced the wi-fi component in the Wii U is the cheapest piece of trash Nintendo could find. I had similar problems in Smash Bros and eventually I just went ahead and got an ethernet adapter.

Ahnez

We need even more dialogues between callie and marie

Its probably very easy to do, and its very fun to watch lol

WVW69iRtlqUPevyGPC

Picked this game up. Tried it out with a friend in casual mode last night and today tried to go online and get into some matches. I've tested and obtained speeds of 130 Mbps down and 15-20 Mbps up (Comcast) and the wireless route is literally 10 inches away from my Wii U.

I was only able to play 3/6 matches due to "UNSTABLE CONNECTION" with two of the errors terminating the match as time ran out.

Please tell me this isn't how this game has been all along? I'd heard such good things about it and as it stands, it's unplayable online for me right now.

I have a similar problem. Ever since the update I haven't been able to finish a single match. 15-30 seconds into a match and the "unstable connection" message appears and disconnects me. I've tried port forwarding and changing the router channel to 1 or 11 to no avail.

prateeko

WiFi is prone to interference. Wired is immune to that.

While that's true, my Wii U is literally 6-8 inches away from my wireless route at the further points. It's never had issues while playing SSBM online, downloading items, MK8 online, etc and given my speeds of 120-130/10-15 I'm not sure if it's an issue on my end. I could purchase a USB to ethernet adapter but spending the money exclusively for this game when it's an issue that could be patched would be wasteful, which is why I'd love to get to the bottom of it first.

I have a similar problem. Ever since the update I haven't been able to finish a single match. 15-30 seconds into a match and the "unstable connection" message appears and disconnects me. I've tried port forwarding and changing the router channel to 1 or 11 to no avail.

Unfortunately I've ONLY played the game after the latest update >.<

Ahnez

Levelling gear is so boring

40+ gear added, only 6 appears in my stores

I will definitely never leave B- <=> B <=> B+ cycle hell

Some guy spent the entire match painting every single spot ou base with fully charged splatling bursts

Got sniped by a kraken again today

In other words, I love this game

Also, I played with a Emil earlier. Was it you pillow? lol

Stay Fresh

While that's true, my Wii U is literally 6-8 inches away from my wireless route at the further points. It's never had issues while playing SSBM online, downloading items, MK8 online, etc and given my speeds of 120-130/10-15 I'm not sure if it's an issue on my end. I could purchase a USB to ethernet adapter but spending the money exclusively for this game when it's an issue that could be patched would be wasteful, which is why I'd love to get to the bottom of it first.
Splatoon's pickier than other Nintendo games for some reason, especially post-patch. And even if the Wii U's that close it can still be prone to interference issues. I highly recommend just plopping down the $10 for an adapter off Amazon.

Have you tried a DMZ though? Might as well make sure it's not a port-related issue before you plop down the cash.

you should watch ink or sink turf war vods. There is very little use for inking speed. Almost every match played out like a splat zones match.

Do you have any specific vid recommendations? I watched the GAF game and I didn't see anything special wrt charger play. nothing against any gaf chargers but I just haven't seen it in turf wars. obviously in other modes they're critical.

Robotguy

where can I find the vods for the GAF games?
It's hidden cause I don't want people scouting our elite strats. lol

quote to see
Not the most exciting, cause I didn't do much.

We have a surprise next round at 6:30 PST.
I'm planning on streaming at twitch.tv/robotguy3

So I wasted 22 sea shells yesterday failing to get Spyke to roll triple Special Duration Up on my Pilot Goggles and settled with 2x and a Defence Up. Now I'm currently staring at him offering to sell me PIlot Goggles with 2x Special Duration Up and one mystery slot (it was Damage Up on the pair I ordered) for 50000. I really don't know if I should buy them, that's almost 50 games of Turf Wars to re-roll 1 slot for the tiny chance I get a third Special Duration Up.

Count yourself lucky, since the update I've been getting 1-2 buyable clothes per day, literally went one day with nothing at all and had 3 days with no shoes at all. Oh, and of those clothes I can buy almost none of it is new, just the same ugly bike helmet and Varsity Jacket that I refuse to buy.

Ahnez

So I wasted 22 sea shells yesterday failing to get Spyke to roll triple Special Charge Up on my Pilot Goggles and settled with 2x and a Defence Up. Now I'm currently staring at him offering to sell me PIlot Goggles with 2x Special Charge Up and one mystery slot for 50000. I really don't know if I should buy them, that's almost 50 games of Turf Wars to re-roll 1 slot for the tiny chance I get a third Special Charge Up.

Count yourself lucky, since the update I've been getting 1-2 buyable clothes per day, literally went one day with nothing at all and had 3 days with no shoes at all. Oh, and of those clothes I can buy almost none of it is new, just the same ugly bike helmet and Varsity Jacket that I refuse to buy.

Well, only 6 total since the update..

quote to see

Highest score wo/o bonus that first game was only 666? Wow, what a bunch of noobs. By painting the same turf over and over for 3 minutes instead of actually defending shit I can easily get over 1200 with the Aerospray.

Burnburn

We kinda really need 4 people now to practise, we have tournament in 90 minutes. I have an open custom room going on right now.

Crisium

Looking for practice for tonight's tourny! Join Crisium, blakstatus, totakeke, burnburn !

edit: moving to squad battle, will let you guys know if we need help later...

Violet_0

Banned

quote to see

nice, thanks. I'll check these out later, sounds like you guys are doing well

prateeko

Splatoon's pickier than other Nintendo games for some reason, especially post-patch. And even if the Wii U's that close it can still be prone to interference issues. I highly recommend just plopping down the $10 for an adapter off Amazon.

Have you tried a DMZ though? Might as well make sure it's not a port-related issue before you plop down the cash.

It's not a port issue. Everything else on Nintendo's network works fine (including Smash and MK8, with verified interactions with friends across the country). If interference were to be an issue this isn't the only game it should show up with unless Nintendo has issues with their coding, which I suspect is more likely the problem.

ChrisD

The real question is how have you managed to go this long without encountering an E-liter 3K on Moray Towers?

Only playing it on three rotations and luck. Lots of luck. Guess Spyke offered it up in return for never giving me good rolls. That cheating sucker, I'm up to six Moray Liter games in an hour!

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Levelling gear is so boring

I will definitely never leave B- <=> B <=> B+ cycle hell

Some guy spent the entire match painting every single spot ou base with fully charged splatling bursts

Got sniped by a kraken again today

In other words, I love this game

Also, I played with a Emil earlier. Was it you pillow? lol

Stay Fresh

Yea that's me d: it sucks I didn't really play with you in a team, and when I did get matched up with you once, we lost xD

ryechu

The ones I was seeing didn't even jump-shot. They just stood on the one corner. I even managed to get a kill on them as Slosher because they never moved.

Honestly though, I can't really say that video looked like a fun play style either, but to each his own.

I will give props to them all for aiming with that weird scope view.

It didn't look fun because moray towers isnt a fun map to play chargers on.

Zing

Banned
I'm convinced the wi-fi component in the Wii U is the cheapest piece of trash Nintendo could find. I had similar problems in Smash Bros and eventually I just went ahead and got an ethernet adapter.
Possibly, but it seems to work fine with my wireless n router. Maybe it isn't so hot with B/G wireless. My bets are that the networking software just isn't robust. It is undoubtedly tested only on local Japanese internet and even then, Nintendo isn't even confident in their abilities. For example, they had to have Namco program the Wii Sports Club networking.

Just managed to have a great team. /s

An Octobrush, a Krack-On Roller, and a Splat Roller. Between the three of them, they managed 1 Kill....and they died a combined total of 19 times. They also managed 340p of ink...again, between the three.

I went 15 and 2 with 1440p of ink. Didn't matter.

We...we didn't win that one.

DaBoss

J@hranimo

Banned
Just woke up from the longest of naps O_O

Gonna do some turf wars for a bit to level more gear then later I'll jump in with some of you guys in squad battles.

Jims

Don't know why I still decided to use the bucket with Moray Towers in the rotation, but gotta get that practice in somehow. It's nice how it can cover some of those parallel ramps, though. The first one going up and then most of them going down. I still kinda suck at the weapon but it's good Burst Bomb practice, at least. Splatted some Dyanamo Rollers with 'em.

Just got the green cardigan and I marvel at how dorky it is. I want to build a Grampa Inkling setup.

XQY6FUN.jpg

(Look at him, with his easy slip-on shoes and his stylish visor...)

Jims

You know Spyke isn't gonna deliver it that way when you order it. :p

Although if I do get the third Ink Recovery Up, I may be stuck having to use that geeky visor. I fear for my freshness.

Top Bottom