• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Robotguy

Right but the issue is that the losing team can DC and gets another chance. The rules don't have any restrictions on dcs so if the other team has one point on the clock and you DC the rules as they are require the game to be replayed. Regardless of whether it affected the outcome or not.
Yeah I agree that the current rules are broken. I don't want to give the winning team an auto win, but I unfortunately can't think of an alternative. But really I wish random DCs just didn't happen so that it's not really even an issue.

Robotguy

Also just wanted to say the other team played well, better than my expectations, and their charger was pretty good. So there's that at least. Didn't need all the exciting comebacks, but the games were good and fun. Definitely think the GAF should set up more dedicated teams for tournaments next time since I'd love to see more of you play competitively. It hasn't been easy to practice with most of us having different schedules. Also it sucked that Crisium started having voice chat issues just before the round.
The matches were extremely exciting. I was pretty much shaking after every match. Dunno if I was during the matches though, I was too focused.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
I agree with the DC rule being problematic. But other than that I don't see any other rationale they can come up with resetting the bracket or invalidating one of our wins.

Assume the first game on Blackbelly Skatepark counts as a legit loss for us. Then the second game (due to the DC) is played again on Blackbelly Skatepark, which they should have no argument against because why would they be against replaying the same map they already won. Then everything else plays out as normal because they chose the third map which we won, then they chose the fourth map which we lost, then we chose the fifth map which we won. So 3-2 at most. From what I heard they're trying to argue for 2-1 (how?) and even resetting the bracket (what.).

This is hilarious xD

It's funny that they seriously think they have a solid argument lol

I think I want to try out blasters. What's the best blaster for ranked with a very aggressive offensive play style?

Luna or Custom. Luna is short range but fastest rate of fire so it works for rushing in while the Custom has basic range but the Bubbler will help protect you if you get swarmed.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
J@hranimo you want to two man squad or wait for two more players?

We got two spots open in ranked if anyone wants to join.

Azure J

To the folks in here joining my lobby, get the stream up so you know what nonsense we're up to. Right now, we're bumper brushing. Need an 8th.

RedFyn

woah this guy won 33 games in a row to get to S+99 as a charger. This guys actually legit, unlike aerospray.
https://twitter.com/okusan_nikuya/status/630284502481240064
That luck. I'm sure he's very good player but to not lose a single game requires a very lucky rabbits foot. He's also Japanese and therefore immune to lag
I don't actually know if this is true but every Japanese stream I've seen has been full of Japanese players and no lag

ryechu

That luck. I'm sure he's very good player but to not lose a single game requires a very lucky rabbits foot. He's also Japanese and therefore immune to lag
I don't actually know if this is true but every Japanese stream I've seen has been full of Japanese players and no lag

lag goes both ways. But I'm pretty sure that since a greater percentage of japanese playes play ranked seriously, the majority of his games were japanese. I'm also pretty sure that japan has better wifi in general.

RedFyn

lag goes both ways. But I'm pretty sure that since a greater percentage of japanese playes play ranked seriously, the majority of his games were japanese. I'm also pretty sure that japan has better wifi in general.
Oh I know and what he did is impressive. If my lobbies are anything to go on I wouldn't be surprised if they were all full Japanese lobbies. Japan also does have a much better internet infrastructure than the US and I'm assuming most/all of europe. Really though it's just that the ping between the Japanese players isn't high.

Azure J

Walkman with the S level of attempted disrespect in game.

Ultimate dishonor is inscribing dicks in the enemy camp when they're gone.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That last match we (J@ranimo, Quartz, Timeasis) had against that CL clan on Kelp Dome was BS with the lag. Guys were teleporting

Top Bottom