• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Neoxon

tumblr_nssgj9Xcbo1r37nh0o1_540.png

Did Marie just break the fourth wall?

Geg

The latest update gave Marie the self awareness that she's trapped in a video game, that's why she's so much more angry and snarky now

Geg

Did you splat someone setting up a killer wail from behind and then swim straight into the killer wail? If not then you didn't die in every way possible. I did that once and it felt bad.

I've done something maybe worse, killed someone from the front while they were firing off the killer wail, dodged to the side to avoid it, waited a few seconds, and then swam right back into it thinking it had disappeared when it still had like a second left

StAidan

Did you splat someone setting up a killer wail from behind and then swim straight into the killer wail? If not then you didn't die in every way possible. I did that once and it felt bad.

I did that during my first ever Elgato capture of my Splatoon gameplay, thereby immortalizing it forever.

foltzie1

I'm still in B range and only level 19, but I'll try to join up with GAF games starting this week.

I think I'm hitting the point where I'll really have to think hard about what skill sets I want on clothing.

THE CONNECTION IS UNSTABLE
THE CONNECTION IS UNSTABLE
Welcome to my world. :(

tumblr_nssgj9Xcbo1r37nh0o1_540.png

Did Marie just break the fourth wall?
That joke isn't in the EU localsiation :( . Speaking of which:
WVW69iRdFgsEbRGOXi

I've seen screenshots of Marie saying she likes the unerpass stage but that might be photoshop jokes.

Also Callie has started doing two liners where the second line auto loads, pretty annoying.

How Can Kids Be Real If Squids Aren't Real?
CIC6P7lWwAARWo_.png

Naar

Shamelessly I take part of your thanks and give mine to you.

It was fun and it went quite well - when not meeting four S ranked. It's pleasant to play when the team actually understands how to play the game - even better than me. I don't have a clue, I'm just improvising.

nah man i really sucked in the first couple of games :( you were amazing though!

I have to adapt to my stupid lag, but i am trying my best

anyways im back! anyone wanna team up? rank A

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
After having a nice set of ranking teams over the weekend...i'm back to useless teammates.
yeah, i wrecked those north pole fools and had a ball. +27 on fire. played ranked for ages today and never wenr higher than +7. at b rank i spend about 2 hours for net gain of 10 points

MouldyK

yeah, i wrecked those north pole fools and had a ball. +27 on fire. played ranked for ages today and never wenr higher than +7. at b rank i spend about 2 hours for net gain of 10 points

I'm not even talking about close games where I think my team are trying...

...i'm talking about those games where they have backed you into a corner on the Skatepark and you can't move...

...those times when you killed 3 of 4 Inklings in Kelp Dome and have all your teammates there while dead...AND THEY STILL DON'T CAPTURE IT...

...or those times when 2 of your teammates are shooting at the other base...when the enemy are just running past them to the Splatzone...

...or those times when you are just sat watching the screen going:

shoot-her-1434022927.gif

I'm bringing back the classic:

CGh11nVU8AAhj-E.png

Geg

Thinking about making the transition to Octobrush. Tell me what's good SplatGAF. Also good places to set up beakons?

Places that are annoying or hard for the enemy to get to. Putting in on a corner makes it safer to jump to and easier for the enemy to walk right past it without seeing it. Watch other beakon users and take their ideas if you see them put beakons somewhere you like and hadn't thought of before

Thinking about making the transition to Octobrush. Tell me what's good SplatGAF. Also good places to set up beakons?

Octobrush? I will personally inkbrush you down if you go that route, Azure. Betraying the inkbrush, how dare you. >=(

You know those places people rarely look at? Place beakons there. Yeah, I know, super helpful, right? What maps do you want to know about?

Robotguy

I tend to put them in little corners, and behind cover relative to where the enemy is likely to approach from. On the top of unclimbable ledges that the enemy can't easily get to, but behind some kind of cover so they can't shoot at it easily is usually good.

Azure J

Octobrush? I will personally inkbrush you down if you go that route, Azure. Betraying the inkbrush, how dare you. >=(

You know those places people rarely look at? Place beakons there. Yeah, I know, super helpful, right? What maps do you want to know about?

Man, I just love brush style gameplay but can't stand little aspects of the current Inkbrush. I'm just going to take things for what they are and try learning the current Octobrush so I have some fun ideas for using it as a weapon when Octo Noveau drops.

At the same time, this is also my chance to experiment with beakons, the only sub in the game I've never really done anything with.

StAidan

I find it's the more aggressive version of the inkbrush, faster splats (due to more damage) can get you in and out of danger with a higher chance of success (and the kraken is your get-out-of-jail free card when your ambush/invasion goes sideways). The inkbrush is decidedly more defensive and geared more toward ink coverage over combat.

Some kind of Special Up / Fast Respawn perk combo is great for ranked mode, whereas I lean more toward Ink Saver Main / Cold Blooded / Ink Resistance in turf war.

As for beakons, the general rules apply for hard-to-reach places or places where an enemy is likely to run right past it if they aren't looking for the beakons on the map. One new spot I "discovered" recently is on Bluefin Depot in Tower Control, directly in front of the wooden wall in the left center where the opposing team hops down from their side. Shockingly, it's right in plain sight and completely unprotected, but a surprising number of players don't even notice it there (but stop using that spot when they finally see it). I say Tower Control is the only mode that makes it a good place, because the flow of battle doesn't give the enemy any incentive to look back. Also, it gives you a fast back door into the enemy base on respawn if your team is pushing the tower in from the other side of center.

EDIT: Also, I have yet to find a beakon spot that I really like on the new Urchin Underpass. The side areas are OK for Turf War, but I was experimenting with several different areas when I was squadding with you last week and they all seemed either too far from the action or too exposed to be useful.

Naar

I'm not even talking about close games where I think my team are trying...

...i'm talking about those games where they have backed you into a corner on the Skatepark and you can't move...

...those times when you killed 3 of 4 Inklings in Kelp Dome and have all your teammates there while dead...AND THEY STILL DON'T CAPTURE IT...

...or those times when 2 of your teammates are shooting at the other base...when the enemy are just running past them to the Splatzone...

...or those times when you are just sat watching the screen going:

shoot-her-1434022927.gif

I'm bring back the classic:

CGh11nVU8AAhj-E.png

That is basically me almost everyday lol.

omg that pic is so true lol

Top Bottom