• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Azure J

How is regular splattershot bottom C-Tier and the tentatek S-tier. Burst bomb non-believers, just wait until everyone is using burst bombs. But seriously, the burst bombs are so much better than the suction bomb, you'd have to have the slowest reflexes to dodge them. So just having an inkzooka is enough to push it all the way to the top, blasphemy.

But yes, not agree with the list at all and as people have said before; it all depends on the mode.

I definitely feel like the burst bomb setup is being slept on but also feel like this post is downplaying Tentatek by a lot.

I didn't re-roll those headphones, I got lucky with an order and the last slot: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173852982&postcount=16131

The great climb of '87.

Rainmaker on Kelp Dome: "OH GOD IM DROWNING IN INK"

Nah but for real, now that I've seen that, I'm going to start bugging you for some more stuff Boss. Specifically the Squidforce White Headband, the Splash Mob Navy LS and the Strapping Reds. Those will be the next things I attempt to fix after cash grinding.

Stick for truly accurate splaticides.

Kappa

Splatterscopes aren't even good for killing yourself, need an aerospray
Lol!

Burnburn

I definitely feel like the burst bomb setup is being slept on but also feel like this post is downplaying Tentatek by a lot.

Heh, I wasn't trying to downplay the tentatek, just saying that if the tentatek is so high, then the regular splattershot should be way higher too!

Robotguy

How is regular splattershot bottom C-Tier and the tentatek S-tier. Burst bomb non-believers, just wait until everyone is using burst bombs. But seriously, the burst bombs are so much better than the suction bomb, you'd have to have the slowest reflexes to dodge them. So just having an inkzooka is enough to push it all the way to the top, blasphemy.

But yes, not agree with the list at all and as people have said before; it all depends on the mode.
In the last round we used 1 A tier weapon, 4 C tiers, and 1 D tier. Lol.

WALKMAN04

I'll pop in to talk, may play in an hour or so
I'm surprised that Tentatek Splattershot is considered S tier.
I've always considered it the best weapon, it's well balanced for pretty much any situation and with direct aim kills in like half a second. They at least got that one right, but my mains of e-liter scoped and dual squelchers are in the B and C tiers so don't really agree with any of what they listed. With that said all weapons can be played at a high level and nothing is game breaking so a tier list seems stupid to me, it's up to the player on how they use the weapon that determines the effectiveness.

Burnburn

In the last round we used 1 A tier weapon, 4 C tiers, and 1 D tier. Lol.

The first round was even lower 3C's and 1D.

Our team actually is a bit unconventional, I think we're the only team to have used these 3 weapons; rapid blaster, splattershot and nozzlenose. And you don't see the squelchers that often either.

After seeing Rainmaker in action, I think this thread is going to become filled with bitching about lag in about 10 minutes after the mode first goes up. Shit's gonna be amazing! :D

Robotguy

The first round was even lower 3C's and 1D.

Our team actually is a bit unconventional, I think we're the only team to have used these 3 weapons; rapid blaster, splattershot and nozzlenose. And you don't see the squelchers that often either.
4Cs and 1D actually. I switched from DS the first match to CDS for the Rig matches.
I've played every squelcher except vanilla jet squelcher in the tourney so far, and I might bring that out if I play a match on the right map.
Personally I'm kinda surprised squelchers don't get more play, but I guess people just don't like the high TTK.

I'll pop in to talk, may play in an hour or so

I've always considered it the best weapon, it's well balanced for pretty much any situation and with direct aim kills in like half a second. They at least got that one right, but my mains of e-liter scoped and dual squelchers are in the B and C tiers so don't really agree with any of what they listed. With that said all weapons can be played at a high level and nothing is game breaking so a tier list seems stupid to me, it's up to the player on how they use the weapon that determines the effectiveness.

To me, it's been my favorite weapon since Day 1. It's the weapon I've used the most, because like you said, it's pretty much balanced. I just never thought people would consider it as an amazing weapon. Then again, that could explain why I see a lot of them in Rank.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Good day. Finally got to B+ and the Ika hat was in my shops so I managed to complete the whole outfit.

So what do Inkling feet look like?
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123 said:
CMNUA9HUwAAYoHU.jpg:orig

CMNU7E9UMAA4Ss_.jpg:orig
I've heard of flatfoot but I don't think it is quite this bad...

Razmos

Even a long break from the game couldn't dim my hatred of the Dynamo Roller. And now it looks like it is a far more common weapon than it was before! awesome!

Crisium

Nice, new mode Rainmaker tomorrow night!

I have a fear though. Will Rainmaker simply be added to the Ranked Battle rotation with Splat Zones and Tower Control? So eventually 1/3 of the time to play a mode with only 2 of the maps. You'd get each mode twice a day. Due to RNG, that means you could have to wait weeks to play a certain map on a certain mode that you like. And if you weren't available to play in that 4 hour window, better luck next time?

Surely this can't be their plan. Anything and everything the devs do is open for valid criticism, so if they do this I hope players can get them to change it.

Thank god for Private Battles, I guess.

Doorman

I suppose this is their way to "encourage" players to try out and experiment with each mode and stage, rather than letting everyone confine themselves into little cluques? I actually wouldn't mind it much if, within the month or so, they bumped up to the 3-map rotation full-time. Now that we've gotten the pre-release known maps, and whatever newbie rush Nintendo hoped for with the release of the August update, I think it should be safe to say that the player base is experienced enough to go for the greater variety. That empty space sitting there taunts me.

JonnyKong

Haven't played this game in a while so I thought I'd have a quick bash. I'm not too fond of the new weapons. Had a great moment during extra time on Tower Control where all 4 members of the other team were stood on the tower. I chucked a suction bomb onto there, killed all 4. Amazing. I'm finally! Up to B- which I realise is probably rubbish compared to most of you guys.

Violet_0

Banned
After seeing Rainmaker in action, I think this thread is going to become filled with bitching about lag in about 10 minutes after the mode first goes up. Shit's gonna be amazing! :D

well, it's effectively an inkzooka and inkzookas make the delay pretty obvious so that's a given

well, it's effectively an inkzooka and inkzooka make the kill delay pretty obvious so that's a given
Yeah, this mode is probably great over LAN but the poor connection between EU and Japan specifically is going to cause issues, no doubt about it. It'll go like this:

EU: "Fuck these japanese laggers!"
JPN: 外人は地獄へ!
Nobody actually says that.

phanphare

Banned
Haven't played this game in a while so I thought I'd have a quick bash. I'm not too fond of the new weapons. Had a great moment during extra time on Tower Control where all 4 members of the other team were stood on the tower. I chucked a suction bomb onto there, killed all 4. Amazing. I'm finally! Up to B- which I realise is probably rubbish compared to most of you guys.

I just made it up to B from B- yesterday

fret not

Crisium

I think at this point Capture the Flag (2 flag variant) would offer something more unique than Rainmaker (1 flag). Rainmaker ultimately is just a 1 flag CTF (less dynamic than 2 flag) with a unique weapon tied to the flag and a shield on the idle flag to slow down transitions.

I like that Splatoon is unique in their modes. But I already view Tower Control as a very unique form of 1 flag CTF. Rainmaker is closer to Tower Control than a 2 Flag CTF would be.

Rainmaker and Tower Control both focus on getting ONE item of attention from the middle to the enemy side. Rail, unique weapon, etc. they are different to be sure but closer to each other than 2 flag CTF is.

Think about how different the 2 flag CTF is. When both teams have their own flag in their base. You simultaneously have to balance offense and defense at all times. If you rush all 4 players to the enemy base you take the risk of someone sneaking around and grabbing your flag unopposed and making good progress before you can respond. If you try to play too defensively and try a 2-2 offense/defense split though you risk getting overwhelmed in engagements. It's much more hectic and requires a greater game awareness to monitor two flags.

Just some thoughts. I look forward to a new mode, but I can't help but feel a nice traditional 2 flag CTF would offer something better. There is a reason 2 flag CTF is so revered in classic shooter games.

Wow, okay. So looks like:

- Rainzooka is larger but slower and travels less distance.
- Additional cover added to maps.
- Rainmaker shield needs a LOT more to break than the single-player mode shield.
- There's a little platform at the end that you need to swim up to get the win, possibly too steep to walk up
- Jumping with the Rainmaker is extremely limited.

Doorman

Aww man I'm going to be out of town all weekend. Still looking forward to getting some impressions (and Sunday night should be solid assuming the SplatGods make it the mode for the night).
...It is now my headcanon that the Great Zapfish is the one determining map and mode rotation, while he watches matches from the tower.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
I've never been so salty my entire life. I got to S 99 today. From like 93 onwards, I was lucky enough to get into an A/A- lobby, so I was slowly but surely racking up the points. The last game was a done deal. We had a fairly large lead over the fuckers. Then in the last 10 seconds I got complacent and let myself get killed like a dumbass and of course I can't trust my team to hold the fort. The other team won in overtime. I lost 10 points. WHYYYYYYYYYY

Zing

Banned
I'm surprised that Tentatek Splattershot is considered S tier.
Yes. It is S+.

But seriously, it is probably the best weapon overall for splat zones, especially on certain maps (skatepark).

Yep, and all from Europeans who seem to have a combination of the worst internet in the world and 50 hops to Japan.

Maybe a EU "whinging" thread should be created.

Azure J

I think I'm going to have to change how I handle things with my stream chat. This experience with Steven and Kaze has totally soured me on doing games with Twitch viewers.

L95

Lol I just got a major connection issue in tower control, my entire team was on the tower and the other team had disconnected except for one person, the tower moved after like two minutes, and we made it to the enemy base, but we didn't win or anything, and the timer didn't end the game when it hit zero.

The game sat on zero time for like a minute and then I got a connection error. I caught the last 13 seconds before it disconnected, if anyone cares

StAidan

I think I'm going to have to change how I handle things with my stream chat. This experience with Steven and Kaze has totally soured me on doing games with Twitch viewers.

You tolerated them admirably, lol. My internet connection doesn't have the juice for streaming, but if I were doing it, I don't think I could handle adding random viewers like that.

Top Bottom