• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

That's it, I'm personally recruiting you to my Teams now. We're getting you to a rank that actually reflects your ability. *puts war paint on*

I'm not touching ranked anymore today. It's infuriating that the game consistently puts me on the team with all kids while the opposing team gets all of the squids nearly every time I play ranked. There was only ONE game today where I can truly say that there was any semblance of competency in my team. That was the only game I got second on the score screen.

No, the most infuriating thing that happened was the speed at which I got knocked from A- 28 to B+ 57. It would make all of the fictional speedsters cry seeing that.

Malus

Wanted to play this afternoon but getting a wall of error codes. I thought I fixed it by fooling around with my router last week but apparently not.

Azure J

So, Team Detriment in a half hour or so?

I was supposed to be on sooner, but I'm hungry as hell and tired for whatever reason.

Dystify

If you add together all the known sales from Splatoon (US + japanese numbers) and estimate the PAL numbers, Splatoon should be over 2 million units world wide by now.

atr0cious

I know you won both matches, but I feel like the suggestion you're making can be exploited. When I camp the middle with the CJS, it isn't because I value the middle a whole lot in terms of points. It's to stop the other team from being able to get past and into our territory, and to provide a midway point for any allies that are respawning. Going to Corner B does not help me with preventing the other team from getting past mid and into our ramps. The jet squelcher's range is not long enough to do that from Corner B. My teammates can jump to me and charge towards Nest B or up Ramp B from there, but that's still very leaky.

Specifically in the 96 Gal game that you played, an enemy was able to get past and start inking up your teams' ramps, which could've blown up for your team. That's just more shit that your team has to go back and clean up, and if your weapon is slower at inking than the enemies' weapons, you will be obligated to track them down and kill them, or lose the race.

By staying in middle with a long range weapon, I won't get a lot of points, but imo that's a better way of securing a win. From the mid area, I can shoot at enemies that are on the edges of Nest B and repaint the wall to Nest B as often as I like. Anyone that tries to drop down on me from that high up is also an easy target.
The point is for you to support your teammates getting there. Right now, most people think that the middle is all that matters, so they sit at the ramps and nests and sit the whole game content to win by a percent. What this means is short range is essentially playing dodge and fending for themselves. If you notice, I'm facilitator, but I'm also back up and I'm first back to the middle to recover. It's a 3 minute game, so the point is to get a foothold on the opposite corner, and you'll win.

phanphare

Banned
If you add together all the known sales from Splatoon (US + japanese numbers) and estimate the PAL numbers, Splatoon should be over 2 million units world wide by now.

man, before Splatoon launched I don't think a single person on this forum predicted over 2 million LTD, let alone by year's end, let alone after 3 months on the market.

shit, I predicted ~1.5 million by the end of 2016 and that was a relatively optimistic prediction compared to others

love Splatoon, glad it caught on. hope that the console that the sequel is on does better and Splatoon is afforded the opportunity to take over the world.

Doorman

Benedict Violet.

Or Nintendo is trolling its own team-focused mode as punishment for the at-launch bitching about everyone being random.

Freaking terrible day went from A all the way to A- teetering on B+. Never playing splat zones with randoms again.

Time to join Kas's room and vent.

Doorman

...Glancing at the gear list again, it only just suddenly occurred to me that with the 2.0 gear update bringing along the Bamboo Hat, we now have two Inkline-brand hats that give ink saver main as their major skill, alongside the short beanie. Well, that's dumb. I thought up until now they've been pretty careful to avoid functionally-identical gear like that.

eRonin

...Glancing at the gear list again, it only just suddenly occurred to me that with the 2.0 gear update bringing along the Bamboo Hat, we now have two Inkline-brand hats that give ink saver main as their major skill, alongside the short beanie. Well, that's dumb. I thought up until now they've been pretty careful to avoid functionally-identical gear like that.

Functionally identical, but with different freshness!

Robotguy

Congrats man! I need to get on that grind too, but I'm helping out my gf get out of A rank hell in twin squad >_> I would've been s+ already just from the amount of wins I got xD but wow there are some bad team compositions. Who brings two splatlings in twin squad for tower control?! Haha
Better than bringing 4 squiffers to zones in quad squads. I was so confused.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just set up a squad. Tower Control on Moray Towers *phew* I'm ready

kas, how far into A+ are you

70 points. I was here a couple days ago then dropped to A- after some disconnects and playing with randoms but got it back up last night and today.

taparoo

What's the freshest piece of gear that has tenacity as its main ability?

gas mask is forge, so better chance for special duration up, sporty bobble hat is skalop, so better chance for quick respawn, then armor helmet replica is cuttlegear so it has an even chance for everything.

I would personally use sporty bobble for ranked, then play the slots on the armor helmet replica for turf wars.

Robotguy

Awesome, how do I get S rank though? Was getting different answers when I searched Google.
You have to play solo ranked to get into S. You can rank up in squad battles until you get to A+99. If you do so then you just have to win the last battle on your own.

braves01

Banned
you cant hit S in squad, highest you can get is A+ 99, so best way to do it is get +99, then play ranked on your own and pray you win the first game

And then never play ranked again? It can go down right? I guess you could snap a screenshot and forget about it after that...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm at 96 A+ one more W should do it then I'll pray I get some good random teammates in ranked lol

Edit: Had a disconnect

Top Bottom