• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Please RNGsus, give me a 3rd damage up sub on this hat
Vk9fRVV.png
Edit: It did not.

WorldStar

Banned
It would seem that white anchor tee is the freshest clothing with ninja squid as the main ability? Especially for squid girls. Is there any new gear that has ninja squid?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
S Rank finally

vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

Though on that match on Blackbelly Skatepark I played against a charger named Goya. Was that our Goya?

Anyways going to start up a 4 man squad if anyone wants to play.

Robotguy

It would seem that white anchor tee is the freshest clothing with ninja squid as the main ability? Especially for squid girls. Is there any new gear that has ninja squid?
Personally I prefer the Pink Polo for ninja squid. Dunno about the new gear, haven't kept up with that much.

WorldStar

Banned
Thoughts on special saver? Just recently decided to make black arrowbands my main head gear and ended up unlocking special saver for all 3 of my sub abilities

I should probably reroll huh?

This is my current setup:

yl6trPD.jpg

Mellopillow

Neo Member
S Rank finally

vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

Though on that match on Blackbelly Skatepark I played against a charger named Goya. Was that our Goya?

Anyways going to start up a 4 man squad if anyone wants to play.

Congrats kas! Planning on going to s+?

Personally I prefer the Pink Polo for ninja squid. Dunno about the new gear, haven't kept up with that much.

There's a new ninja squid shirt in the new update! It's a blue school jersey from zink

Edit:
Thoughts on special saver? Decided to make black arrowbands my main head gear and ended up unlocking special saver for all 3 of my sub abilities

I should probably reroll huh?
DONT REROLL ANYTHING WITH ALL 3 SUBS LOL keep it! And besides, special saver is amazing, if you find yourself dying but want to keep that special you've been saving up for.

WorldStar

Banned
DONT REROLL ANYTHING WITH ALL 3 SUBS LOL keep it! And besides, special saver is amazing, if you find yourself dying but want to keep that special you've been saving up for.

Good to know, posted a pic of my gear above

Was going to reroll the shirt, but I might just wait until I find a pink polo

Or maybe I'll reroll my black hoodie that has ninja squid

Special Saver's great for Tower Control since if your team won't get on the fucking tower you'll have to do it and will often die a lot in the process, making it hard to get a special without some special saver action.

Regiruler

Kind of niche and scrubby, but special saver lets you retain more bar if you want to suicide mid-special if you only needed a burst.

I've never suicided, but I have gotten killed mid-special enough for saver to be relevant.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Good to know, posted a pic of my gear above

Was going to reroll the shirt, but I might just wait until I find a pink polo

Or maybe I'll reroll my black hoodie that has ninja squid

The red hoodie with ninja squid is a zekko brand so it has the same affinity to special saver like your arrowbands. I think the shirt you have now is great since it's more likely to get damage up, and that's always good, especially for bucket.

DooD1234

GGs Kas and dood. Kas that last game we might have gone a bit overboard lol
You telling me. I had one person disconnected that last match. GG. You too good. Whomever team you were on that team were the most likely to win. And you constantly had over 10 kills.

Just in case I didn't get anyone in my friend list, NNID name is same as Gaf name. That was tons of fun even if some of those last matches were one sided.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
GGs Kas and dood. Kas that last game we might have gone a bit overboard lol

Lmao I know. Poor opposing team. We had Arowana Mall all covered up, were at their spawn, and I decided to pull out my Inkzooka to make sure they stayed in spawn

DooD1234

Lmao I know. Poor opposing team. We had Arowana Mall all covered up, were at their spawn, and I decided to pull out my Inkzooka to make sure they stayed in spawn
You were that jackass? Screw you! Why did I get that to that last team that match?!

let play again sometimes. What your NNID ?

You telling me. I had one person disconnected that last match. GG. You too good. Whomever team you were on that team were the most likely to win. And you constantly had over 10 kills.

Just in case I didn't get anyone in my friend list, NNID name is same as Gaf name. That was tons of fun even if some of those last matches were one sided.
I'll send you a friend request when I get on in 10 mins.

wanted to talk about map strategies.

Snip.
Great post! I love hearing more about these strategies, even if this one for moray is banal, it's great to see illustrated with a few videos like you did. Also I'm mighty impressed that at one point where you were trapped at the enemies nest and couldn't get past the sniper on the perch, you called for help and... Help actually arrived! If just teams would play like... teams more often.

WorldStar

Banned
The red hoodie with ninja squid is a zekko brand so it has the same affinity to special saver like your arrowbands. I think the shirt you have now is great since it's more likely to get damage up, and that's always good, especially for bucket.

I haven't committed to the bucket. For regular battles I use the aerospray rg. For ranked I've been rotating between the tentatek, bucket, and aerospray...although I just tried 52 gal for my first time and it kinda matches my play style, which is a very aggressive offense

Azure J

Great post! I love hearing more about these strategies, even if this one for moray is banal, it's great to see illustrated with a few videos like you did. Also I'm mighty impressed that at one point where you were trapped at the enemies nest and couldn't get past the sniper on the perch, you called for help and... Help actually arrived! If just teams would play like... teams more often.

I wanted to post on this before but a combination of feeling dizzy and earlier's stream tiring me out made me forget, as a charger, do you (Atrocious) think my strat of getting to the bottom most ledge before the middle box to prevent people from getting into our side is the most optimal for the stage (assuming Turf Wars/Splat Zones)? I pretty much agree with you entirely on the layout of the stage and the true "important area" but at the same time, I'm wondering if there's anything different I should be doing in "real" matches as opposed to the times where I'm goofing off potshotting jumpers.

I had been taking Splatoon too seriously for the last week or so, really raging, being too hard on myself when I missed shots or played poorly in ranked, etc., so I left it alone for a few days and went back to Hyrule Warriors. Mowing down thousands of enemies while leveling is fairly cathartic. I came back to Splatoon today and just did so much better and had such a better attitude about everything. I felt like I played better too; I guess I did that thing where avoiding something for a brief period causes you to take a level in absentia. Lesson learned: don't take everything so seriously, do take breaks.

Anyway, I played some solo ranked today and bounced around in A. I only ended up 20 points higher than where I started, but if those two rooms are any indication, I definitely deserve to be at least one rank higher, as I carried the hell out my teams in nearly every match, with K/D ratios often double or triple everyone else--and I'm a charger that will actually get on the tower if nobody else is doing it.

Would anyone like to squad for a little while?

jnWake

I love using the E-Liter in Moray so much. Not on Blackbelly though ;_;

I'm still stuck in B/B+ hell haha. B currently but close to promotion.

I had been taking Splatoon too seriously for the last week or so, really raging, being too hard on myself when I missed shots or played poorly in ranked, etc., so I left it alone for a few days and went back to Hyrule Warriors. Mowing down thousands of enemies while leveling is fairly cathartic. I came back to Splatoon today and just did so much better and had such a better attitude about everything. I felt like I played better too; I guess I did that thing where avoiding something for a brief period causes you to take a level in absentia. Lesson learned: don't take everything so seriously, do take breaks.

Anyway, I played some solo ranked today and bounced around in A. I only ended up 20 points higher than where I started, but if those two rooms are any indication, I definitely deserve to be at least one rank higher, as I carried the hell out my teams in nearly every match, with K/D ratios often double or triple everyone else--and I'm a charger that will actually get on the tower if nobody else is doing it.

Would anyone like to squad for a little while?
Yes! Had the same experience some days ago. Needed break. I'll play with you, if you want. Nnid : shikkoinu

Top Bottom