• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Just watched as my gf played some tower matches. At one point in kelp dome her entire team got on board near the center and a pair of the enemies standing on the grid bridge just couldn't keep up with the tower. So the entire team only had to deal with 2 enemies on their way to victory. Lol

Vecks

Back to A+. I was on the verge of falling to A-, but was rescued by squad battles. I'm surprised that the matches are usually pretty easy in squad. 50% of the time we were up against teams with B's or C's. I expected more S's to just be hanging around, farming for cash and levels. Although there was that one horrible match against a full team of S+.

Interests that it does move faster maybe this will get more people to ride it

IDK, lately when I've actually been having a lot of success with Tower is being on a team were we take it as slow as possible with one player on the tower moving it forward and the other three players inking territory and flanking attackers from the sides when they close in on the tower. It's a good idea for everyone to start piling on when close to KO though.

IDK, lately when I've actually been having a lot of success with Tower is being on a team were we take it as slow as possible with one player on the tower moving it forward and the other three players inking territory and flanking attackers from the sides when they close in on the tower. It's a good idea for everyone to start piling on when close to KO though.
Oh yeah that's a good strategy and it works well. I was mostly referring to those randoms that don't get on the tower at all even when a team has been wiped lol

Oh yeah that's a good strategy and it works well. I was mostly referring to those randoms that don't get on the tower at all even when a team has been wiped lol

Oh god, that drives me crazy as much as when we wipe the other team in Splatzones and my teammates rush the spawn point instead of painting the zones -_-

Fortunately I'll be playing only with GAF until I reach S rank :D

Oh god, that drives me crazy as much as when we wipe the other team in Splatzones and my teammates rush the spawn point instead of painting the zones -_-

Fortunately I'll be playing only with GAF until I reach S rank :D
Lol man I know how you feel. That's my plan as well to get out of B+

Geg

I kind of like it when the rest of the team rushes ahead when we clear enemies out of the splat zone area because it means I can just chill out in a good position near or in the zone and ambush kill anyone who makes it past them. It works great in certain maps, but not so much in the ones where there are two zones.

I kind of like it when the rest of the team rushes ahead when we clear enemies out of the splat zone area because it means I can just chill out in a good position near or in the zone and ambush kill anyone who makes it past them. It works great in certain maps, but not so much in the ones where there are two zones.

I'm talking mostly about Port Mackerel and Skatepark, since for some reason they're always the two maps in the rotation when I play zones :/

If you could only see the look of exasperation on my face when I'm running helplessly in a circle on Skatepark painting the zones over and over while my teammates are off doing... whatever they're doing when they should be painting the zones :mad:

Geg

lol I've only played splat zones in port mackerel twice and both times were just awful, crushing losses. I need more practice in private matches with gaf

I just got the game last night, played for a while and had a blast. I logged in this morning and played with the Japanese guys... Holy crap are they tough. I didn't really enjoy myself as much. But it's still a fun game.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have a dozen shirts still to unlock abilities for, a couple of hats and never, ever, any fucking shoes. I haven't looked at the numbers, but I'd guess there are less shoes than anything else?

Vecks

How did I climb up to A- and not knowing this. o_0

Situations like that are pretty rare and don't last long, since it's safer to clear the tower while you're off it. The only times I see people jumping on regardless is when the tower is close to the end and the other team just won't stop respawning on top.

WALKMAN04

And people were telling me I was wrong about the tower moving faster with more people on it. pls guys
I didn't believe you when you told me, but later on that day I started seeing it and as the charger, if we got a team wipe I would always jump on to make it go faster, it really helps sometimes.

DaBoss

I will never trust the Treehouse again.
I thought they said the tower moves faster with more people on it? That's why I thought it was the case before it came out.

And after it came out, I saw for myself that it was moving faster with more people on it.
I have a dozen shirts still to unlock abilities for, a couple of hats and never, ever, any fucking shoes. I haven't looked at the numbers, but I'd guess there are less shoes than anything else?
Headgear and Shoes nearly have the same amount. 60 and 59, respectively.

Lucario

currently in a squad that's trying a quad-kraken strategy to push the tower; need one more

NNID is datLucario, we're chatting in the gaf discord room

Standing on tower, watching enemies desperately trying to get rid of splash wall sure feels good.

I haven't played TC in a while with a weapon that has the splash wall sub but I wonder if having two guys on the tower alternating the wall bounce to keep an active wall up on it at all times would be a workable strategy? Suction bombs would probably still be an issue but I think burst and splat bombs would bounce off.

Vecks

I haven't played TC in a while with a weapon that has the splash wall sub but I wonder if having two guys on the tower alternating the wall bounce to keep an active wall up on it at all times would be a workable strategy? Suction bombs would probably still be an issue but I think burst and splat bombs would bounce off.

Sounds like it could be somewhat helpful. But the other team could possibly also drop walls in front of the tower... and I'm not sure what happens when two walls collide, but I'd imagine they'd cancel out.

Exile20

YDtIHCK.png

https://youtu.be/IWLFP7RfHPY

Violet_0

Banned
After that, it was mostly smooth sailing, until me met a great opponent in another SplatGAF group in Violet, G Smashley, Taparoo, and Will:

http://www.twitch.tv/earneststreaming/v/10857145 (Sorry about the twitch link, Youtube is acting up)

All around good games, but man am I not at all excited for making the A climb.

my first Gaf squad vs Gaf squad match! You guys really deserved that win, blasters are the bane of my existence. Also nice to see that my connection apparently wasn't acting up for once

I think two splash walls may work on triggerfish tower control, the route is full of walls and platforms for the bounce trick.

Sounds like it could be somewhat helpful. But the other team could possibly also drop walls in front of the tower... and I'm not sure what happens when two walls collide, but I'd imagine they'd cancel out.

IIRC, throwing walls at enemy walls will cause your wall to disappear immediately, if two walls collide in TC, I think the wall on the tower will destroy the one on the floor.

CO_Andy

The first wall cancels out the second one

Gonna try ranked since hitting A+, wish me luck guys.

edit: first match, knock out with my team being 2 S, my A+ and a B+. Only got 6 points, yeah I'm done till next tower control.

WALKMAN04

If anyone is interested Thatsrb2dude is streaming his ink or sink tournament matches for round 3 right now and the one match I saw so far was a good one despite the enemy having lag on their side and winning

L95

I'mma stop playing ranked for a bit, losing so many points to disconnects is starting to make me angry <.<

(It's probably my shitty internet, but it's never been this bad...)

Following observation in another thread. Indeed it is true that ranked seems to have "the connection is unstable" problem for me a lot less. It is not enough less for me to stop losing rank though (started with B- 42 am now B- 10) which is worrying as some people have the theory the lower in ranked you go the worse the average connection and the more "the connection is unstable" which could explain why turf wars is usually unplayable for me.

Still it is crazy I can typically not last more than two minutes in a turf wars match yet ranked play has run into overtime on several occasions including the most underwhelming victory ever. 127-0. I felt really bad for the other team. 5 minutes and not a single point to show (well aside the 5 points of EXP...). I also probably let my team down as I had never played Moray towers on Splat Zones.

Also I think point loss in ranked might be due to match performance (with disconnection an automatic -10). In a room of all B- I lost and got -8. When there were two C+ on my team in the same room I lost and got -10 (lost more points against more skilled opponents). We only got the tower to 99 in that is what makes me think performance is part of it.

I'mma stop playing ranked for a bit, losing so many points to disconnects is starting to make me angry <.<

(It's probably my shitty internet, but it's never been this bad...)
The patch has been playing its part too.

WALKMAN04

Watching now.
In case you wondering it's tied 1-1 with both teams experiencing lag when the other hosts, there was definitely lag from watching the stream on dude's side don't know about the other team

Edit: someone from the stream tried to enter the private lobby lol

Top Bottom