• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

I hope the official japanese tournament will be streamed, because this thing will be huge, want to see them play so bad.

I am looking forward to that. Too bad NoA and NoE are not planning the same. Make it like the Pokemon championship where it's worldwide and have 1 champion (or in this case a champion team)

Wow, has anyone seen this video yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWLFP7RfHPY

I guess the tower does move faster with more people on it. It seems like a pretty significant boost too.

This was something I always assumed but could never measure. Now I have a comeback to people getting pissed at me for standing on the tower with a teammate. ;)

Looks like 2 is optimal, with diminishing returns after that. Still, a roughly 20% speed boost is nothing to laugh at.

I don't have a login for Twitter, and based on Google translator it's NSFW, so I can't see it unless I can log in to Twitter. Sounds like it'd be funny though.

Doorman

I do get that salty, but even after listening to both clips I'm still not actually sure what the hell his point is or what he's talking about. He doesn't care that Japanese players are good? Being the best player on Twitch is the goal? I dunno what he's on about.

jholmes

Just had five disconnects in ranked to lose a whole rank and given the sort of matchups I get I'll never ever be able to get it back. I'm so fucking angry at the game, even when I play well it's not enough, first the idiotic teams and now the damn infrastructure. I can't even tell you the last DC I had in the game before today so it's definitely not me, or not somehow I can control at any rate.

I really want to like ranked, I really do, but it's so punitive and I rarely enjoy myself.

I do get that salty, but even after listening to both clips I'm still not actually sure what the hell his point is or what he's talking about. He doesn't care that Japanese players are good? Being the best player on Twitch is the goal? I dunno what he's on about.

I just complain about lag. =/

Crayolan

He wants to be internet famous.

Just had five disconnects in ranked to lose a whole rank and given the sort of matchups I get I'll never ever be able to get it back. I'm so fucking angry at the game, even when I play well it's not enough, first the idiotic teams and now the damn infrastructure. I can't even tell you the last DC I had in the game before today so it's definitely not me, or not somehow I can control at any rate.

I really want to like ranked, I really do, but it's so punitive and I rarely enjoy myself.
Hard to rank when you get booted for something out of your control.

Hey guys, what's going on h....

CwoD9HQ.gif

I just can't comprehend why someone would act like that on stream, even if you're unhinged enough to be thinking that way, why broadcast it out to the world where it can never be removed?

RedFyn

We're just as laggy for them though, I'm sure they rage just as much from the gaijin goop.
The difference is that in a room with 7 Japanese and one foreigner they only have to deal with one laggy player. So yes, it goes both ways but it's not, normally, the same.

je_ssi e

Popping in/out of Splatoon streams I've seen this guy a few times.

It's hard to know if it's legit or an act.
Because he's went on some pretty insane tirades. Saw him the other night and he seemed pretty convinced that Nintendo was personally sabotaging his game so he'd quit playing... because he's the face of Splatoon. And, they don't like that.

ryechu

Because he's went on some pretty insane tirades. Saw him the other night and he seemed pretty convinced that Nintendo was personally sabotaging his game so he'd quit playing... because he's the face of Splatoon. And, they don't like that.

he went on suicide watch for a bit. I think he said it was an act afterwards.

ChrisD

Saltspray Rig makes me fittingly salty for the name. Why is the thought process of anyone NOT protect the top? Better question: why do people still defend bottom with their life for three minutes?

Shun

Does rarity even matter when you're able to buy more slots on other 1-2 star clothing?

We just do it for the different skill right?

Geg

Saltspray Rig makes me fittingly salty for the name. Why is the thought process of anyone NOT protect the top? Better question: why do people still defend bottom with their life for three minutes?

Once when I was playing with randoms an E-Liter stood on the platform above the bottom area for the entire match. Another time I went to the top at the beginning and got overwhelmed by the enemy only to look down and see all three of my teammates on the bottom platform.

I just don't know

DaBoss

So remember that NeoGAF vs. "VGC" match we had @ DaBoss & Sloth? Apparently, the VGC stood for VG Chartz. I am not making this up.

They're also eager to run it back. Check the comments on the video.
lol
I used to enjoy watching Goose stream goldeneye stuff from time to time... oh well
Yea, I used to watch that and he seemed like a pretty chill guy. This is just insane.
Does rarity even matter when you're able to buy more slots on other 1-2 star clothing?

Yea, it doesn't matter.

Only if you're under level 20, at that point the sea snails are a more precious resource so wasting 1-2 per item you want to make 3 slots isn't a particularly great idea. Otherwise nope, use whatever you want.

Crayolan

ZUsMKN5.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Violet 0 is so on point with the charger. It's so nice having a teammate who can watch your back with a charger especially on Tower Control Moray Towers and Bluefin Depot. I don't have the confidence to take a charger and be the lead charger on my team in ranked.

We lost that last match on Bluefin Depot. Not by much, but it's the little things like on missed splat I had as the tower goes up right above the middle of the map, that make the difference between a W and a L. I make that splat and it pushes us ahead and allows teammates to respawn on me instead of pushing the tower back to the starting point.

Violet_0

Banned
Violet 0 is so on point with the charger. It's so nice having a teammate who can watch your back with a charger especially on Tower Control Moray Towers and Bluefin Depot. I don't have the confidence to take a charger and be the lead charger on my team in ranked.

We lost that last match on Bluefin Depot. Not by much, but it's the little things like on missed splat I had as the tower goes up right above the middle of the map, that make the difference between a W and a L. I make that splat and it pushes us ahead and allows teammates to respawn on me instead of pushing the tower back to the starting point.

thanks Kas! I haven't seen you using the Kraken roller in a while

I'm just taking a short break and then look for whatever squad is open when I get back. My solo rank experience today has been ... not that good

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
thanks Kas! I haven't seen you using the Kraken roller in a while

I'm just taking a short break and then look for whatever squad is open when I get back. My solo rank experience today has been ... not that good

It depends on who I'm playing with or against. If someone else goes roller on our team I try to stick with my "you can't have two drummers in the same band" philosophy. Although if I was roller that last map (and we didn't have a roller) I would've placed some beacons which would've helped us out.

I really like Splattershot with Suction Bomb on Tower Control. Decent range with added strength abilities make it a good weapon on most maps especially if you have a good charger watching your back.

Ozium

50 more minutes.. I played a little earlier today but wanted to save myself until the right time.

Weather reports call for salty precipitation

Top Bottom