• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Geg

In case you wondering it's tied 1-1 with both teams experiencing lag when the other hosts, there was definitely lag from watching the stream on dude's side don't know about the other team

Edit: someone from the stream tried to enter the private lobby lol

lol did they not password protect the lobby? I know when totakeke and robotguy were doing their ink or sink games they showed up on my friends list as being in a locked room

WALKMAN04

lol did they not password protect the lobby? I know when totakeke and robotguy were doing their ink or sink games they showed up on my friends list as being in a locked room
It is password protected but I guess they heard it on the voice chat from the team telling each other

Does splash wall work as well in splat zones as it does in tower control?

It can work really well in port mackerel for defending and controlling the zones but you have to have good teammates to defend your exposed side while you focus on throwing walls and/or painting the zone... I've never had one ;_;

This steam confirms that competitive Splatoon streaming needs to happen. It's so exciting.

Edit: Jintor would love this stream as an inspiration for "Ubisoft presents: Splatoon"
No, no Ubisoft, ever.
One some maps, yes.

It can work really well in port mackerel for defending and controlling the zones but you have to have good teammates to defend your exposed side while you focus on throwing walls and/or painting the zone... I've never had one ;_;
>: so then i'll have to watch my own island then?

Robotguy

I tried playing .96 again last night because I want to have something with range but a faster TTK than squelchers. Didn't care for it much. Probably why I gave it up for DS in the first place. Then I tried Forge Splattershot Pro for the first time. I like the main weapon a lot better than .96, but I'm trash with the inkzooka. I think I'll try to put some decent time on it though as I feel like I can preform well with it.

Also had some fun matches sniping against Red last night.

WALKMAN04

I tried playing .96 again last night because I want to have something with range but a faster TTK than squelchers. Didn't care for it much. Probably why I gave it up for DS in the first place. Then I tried Forge Splattershot Pro for the first time. I like the main weapon a lot better than .96, but I'm trash with the inkzooka. I think I'll try to put some decent time on it though as I feel like I can preform well with it.

Also had some fun matches sniping against Red last night.
I haven't really given .96 the time yet, but I love the splattershot pros for ranked and from watching streams these past few days other high ranked players enjoy the forge as well, it's a great weapon when you get used to it

Edit: Alright Azure tell me when your ready

Robotguy

I haven't really given .96 the time yet, but I love the splattershot pros for ranked and from watching streams these past few days other high ranked players enjoy the forge as well, it's a great weapon when you get used to it

Yeah, it seems good. I think it will be easy to adjust to from squelchers. Hopefully once I'll be able to do better with it in ranked than I'm currently doing.

Is it possible for you to buy an article of clothing with, let's say... Extra toughness and unlock the randomized trait as even more toughness?

Geg

I tried the splattershot pro a while back and couldn't really get used to it. Requires more precision than the DS and eats up ink faster

Robotguy

I tried the splattershot pro a while back and couldn't really get used to it. Requires more precision than the DS and eats up ink faster
I was running the inksaver main + inksaver sub + ink recovery up gear I use for my Jet Squelcher and wasn't really bothered by the in consumption. I'll have to get used to the better aiming thing, but hopefully the charger play I'm doing will help out with that.

I don't use it much anymore but this is what I ran with
Jungle hat ink saver main and ink saver main sub
Baseball jersey special saver charge up ink saver main sub
Blue moto boots ink resistance 2 run speed up subs and ink saver main sub

atr0cious

I don't use it much anymore but this is what I ran with
Jungle hat ink saver main and ink saver main sub
Baseball jersey special saver charge up ink saver main sub
Blue moto boots ink resistance 2 run speed up subs and ink saver main sub
More gear needs to come sooner, so you can drop trying to make that jungle hat work lol.

Azure J

Actually, it's looking like it'll be a while since my brother beat me to the system for S+ grinding -_-

RedFyn

We
apparently not many
have known the tower moves faster with more people on it since day 1. I'm really surprised you guys didn't know.

Can you even use your sub weapons and specials while having the rainmaker? Cause if you do, seekers would be extremely useful on that mode than.

You might not be able to. The two pieces of footage didn't show them using subs at all. Hm, let me check something.

Even if you can't, having even one teammate using seekers for you seems like a viable option. Even more so when the Carbon Roller with the seekers and seeker rush releases.

Can you even use your sub weapons and specials while having the rainmaker? Cause if you do, seekers would be extremely useful on that mode than.

You might not be able to. The two pieces of footage didn't show them using subs at all. Hm, let me check something.
Checking the GameXplain footage, your special doesn't even charge when having the Rainmaker. That makes me believe that your weapon is disabled.

Did you guys know that when the shield explodes, it can kill you if the other team broke it? The message actually says "Splatted by the Rainmaker's Shield"

Ahnez

We
apparently not many
have known the tower moves faster with more people on it since day 1. I'm really surprised you guys didn't know.

I noticed this the first time I played TC

My entire team jumped on the tower with me, and all three of them jumped off at the same time, and the slowdown was very noticeable

I thought everyone knew this lol

Robotguy

Checking the GameXplain footage, your special doesn't even charge when having the Rainmaker. That makes me believe that your weapon is disabled.

Did you guys know that when the shield explodes, it can kill you if the other team broke it? The message actually says "Splatted by the Rainmaker's Shield"
Huh, interesting.

I wouldn't expect to be able to use subs or specials with the rainmaker, but I guess we'll find out tonight.

Geg

Yeah in the initial video that Nintendo posted on the Japanese Splatoon twitter you can see two inklings on the other side die when the rainmaker's shield explodes for the first time

noshten

Level 50 Prize:

CMTqFwcVAAAhJKh.jpg

Splatme if already posted

Top Bottom