• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
My last match on stream earlier yesterday/today was against people in the low 40s. They're grinding hardcore.

KBXJWQ.gif

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Not like you weren't doing your part with those JPN randoms and Kasumi to make me wonder what I'm even doing in this game nowadays...

;____;

I was just messing around with Squiffer cuz I was sad I lost 2 points from disconnecting, but I got really heated when that japanese guy kept on splatting everybody. And nah, you did well, you just need proper support to work your stuff, which I didn't give cuz I was dying so much ;__; sorry

Nico_D

Thanks to sirInkalot for the games. We had great teams and we had some not-so-great teams but luckily more of the former.

atr0cious

Played some squads today with Emil, Kasumi and Heng and I was actually able to get to A-. Along the way, we met a few characters, including this team of S's who thought they had cracked the code:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhJAHSW8nRE

After that, it was mostly smooth sailing, until me met a great opponent in another SplatGAF group in Violet, G Smashley, Taparoo, and Will:

http://www.twitch.tv/earneststreaming/v/10857145 (Sorry about the twitch link, Youtube is acting up)

All around good games, but man am I not at all excited for making the A climb.

I had been taking Splatoon too seriously for the last week or so, really raging, being too hard on myself when I missed shots or played poorly in ranked, etc., so I left it alone for a few days and went back to Hyrule Warriors. Mowing down thousands of enemies while leveling is fairly cathartic. I came back to Splatoon today and just did so much better and had such a better attitude about everything. I felt like I played better too; I guess I did that thing where avoiding something for a brief period causes you to take a level in absentia. Lesson learned: don't take everything so seriously, do take breaks.

Anyway, I played some solo ranked today and bounced around in A. I only ended up 20 points higher than where I started, but if those two rooms are any indication, I definitely deserve to be at least one rank higher, as I carried the hell out my teams in nearly every match, with K/D ratios often double or triple everyone else--and I'm a charger that will actually get on the tower if nobody else is doing it.

Would anyone like to squad for a little while?

In my case, it's ranked that's giving me any and all rage. I don't care much for TW, because that's just to relax, and I do use it to relax, but the ranked matchmaking algorithm has screwed me over since I got to B-, sooooooo yeah. The only enjoyable ranked matches are the ones with GAF and that one A+ room I got stuck is as a B a few weeks/month ago.

Nico_D

Made it to A! And in public Ranked!

Now I will storage my Wii U to some distant locker room inside a glass cage and will never ever touch this game again.

I think the meaning of my life is... fulfilled now.

Flowers and gift baskets may be sent to my home address.

MouldyK

Made it to A! And in public Ranked!

Now I will storage my Wii U to some distant locker room inside a glass cage and will never ever touch this game again.

I think the meaning of my life is... fulfilled now.

Flowers and gift baskets may be sent to my home address.

Get to S+ and we'll consider your offer.

Rize_21

I have to thank splatGAF for helping me( us :p) to reach S rank, not only that, but that dynamo squad we had yesterday was a real moneymaker too.
ypQPWVC.jpg

PS: by the way, giving the enemy sniper's position via voice chat is a game changer.

I just had a thought, Azure. Your laptop is an Alienware, right? Meaning it has a dedicated GPU, correct? It could be that OBS isn't using the dedicated GPU on your laptop. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make, but maybe it could help?

Azure J

I just had a thought, Azure. Your laptop is an Alienware, right? Meaning it has a dedicated GPU, correct? It could be that OBS isn't using the dedicated GPU on your laptop. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make, but maybe it could help?

Oh, I've always had it set to use my dedicated GPU. That's one thing I wouldn't slip on. :lol

Jintor

man i just got in and the changes are overwhelming. Splatling canon is hella fun, the new overpass is insanely more open! There's a palm tree in both sides of the mall now!

Seems like the S ranks has widened the skill gaps, A- is no longer hell

The game might still be busted for me but today the shops finally had the squid girl tunic dress available (while the main difference the tunic has is being shorter the neck is also smaller).

correojon

Where have all the A+s gone? Yesterday I retrieved back A+ but I was always getting matched against B+, A-, S and S+. I only found one A guy and no A+ in over 10 macthes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I ended up in a room where one team consisted of level 34-35 Japanese players (i.e. people who have not stopped playing since the update).

It was murder on the dancefloor.

Pretty sure my Wii U wouldn't really benefit from LAN on my internet, hell, my phone's data plan has better speeds, for reference, this is my PC's speed on LAN (Texas):And I still get ~400 KB/sec on average download speed.

I might be wrong/crazy since I have don't have that much more internet sources where I live to compare this one to.

I think with the LAN adapter, the point is to have access to the ability to use full duplex, which allows you to send and receive data at the same time. It doesn't necessarily give you instant better speeds. In fact, the difference in speed with wifi vs ethernet is pretty negligible in my case. It makes me think that the Wii U is capped at 10 mbps down ( a little over a megabyte) and 2 mbps up (1/5 of a megabyte). It could also very well be the browser's ability to do these tests that are affecting it, especially since video streaming and watching is actually very smooth. I don't know.

My point is that the LAN adaptor should allow for a more stable experience, but that isn't always the case for some people.

69wpm

Where have all the A+s gone? Yesterday I retrieved back A+ but I was always getting matched against B+, A-, S and S+. I only found one A guy and no A+ in over 10 macthes.

Too afraid to de-rank again (like me). We put our Wii U in a closet and will never use it again. Ever.

Geg

Played some squads today with Emil, Kasumi and Heng and I was actually able to get to A-. Along the way, we met a few characters, including this team of S's who thought they had cracked the code:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhJAHSW8nRE
lmao this is great.

Hey Geg, got the rest of the Wednesday night rounds uploaded last night. Your rank-up to A was in the round starting at 12:50:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZz4EWzFo1A
Thanks! I actually checked your youtube late last night and saw it then. You were doing great with the octobrush. I think I was always either on the tower or covering the opposite side of triggerfish as you so I almost never appear on screen in any of those matches lol.

Yeah that last match was the only one of the tri squads that I felt was much of a challenge. That A ranked Splattershot Pro user was good (and lagging a bit, you can see in the video the ink from his bomb appearing before it explodes) but not good enough to carry a three man team

Exile20

I have to thank splatGAF for helping me( us :p) to reach S rank, not only that, but that dynamo squad we had yesterday was a real moneymaker too.
ypQPWVC.jpg

PS: by the way, giving the enemy sniper's position via voice chat is a game changer.

Ye voice chat makes a difference in how you approach games.

StAidan

Thanks! I actually checked your youtube late last night and saw it then. You were doing great with the octobrush. I think I was always either on the tower or covering the opposite side of triggerfish as you so I almost never appear on screen in any of those matches lol.

Yeah that last match was the only one of the tri squads that I felt was much of a challenge. That A ranked Splattershot Pro user was good (and lagging a bit, you can see in the video the ink from his bomb appearing before it explodes) but not good enough to carry a three man team

Hah, yeah I noticed after watching the Triggerfish matches that I spent most of my time away from the rest of the team, so you guys only featured in a few small parts. Particularly when we all converged at the end of the tower's route :) That last match of yours was a little more of a challenge, always nice to feel like you earned the win -- even when we had the manpower advantage.

Top Bottom