• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Mellopillow

Neo Member
So my brother's jacket did this through pure level ups:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ggq0o.jpg

what

Give me your shoes azure pls *O* I need that quick respawn on ink resistance

Gonna break for a bit. GGs Kas and Greg. Though some of the people in that lobby were a bit... silly. lol
You mean the two people on your Saltspray team that were playing bumper brushes or something while everyone else was playing turf war? What was wrong with that?

ChrisD

Ended that rotation with 13/17 won, and all the wins in one sitting. The last battle looked like a clear loss, but we even won that!

Perhaps I should leave on a high note and not press luck heh.

SM239

You mean the two people on your Saltspray team that were playing bumper brushes or something while everyone else was playing turf war? What was wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with it. I would try and avoid attacking them if they were just doing their thing and not trying to attack me. If only I had a brush too. lol

Malus

Welp I just killed myself by bashing my face against the Rainmaker bubble over and over again in practice mode. The more you know.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That first Rainmaker match I played on Camp Triggerfish I had no idea where to take the rainmaker. We took out all 4 of their team at once when the rainmaker exploded, I grabbed the rainmaker and went straight ahead to their spawn as opposed to the side where all the ramps are.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm uncertain I'll be on tonight. Depends on if I want to pull an all nighter and drive to my college apt in the morning or sleep for a few hours and get up and go.

Also I won't be on for like two weeks. It's a personal decision...just wanna start the new semester fresh and Splatoon might mess me up lol.

First match: Ran it to an easy victory.

Second and third matches: Not sure my team understands how this game works or have realized where the Triggerfish goal is, because taking up the side is a hell of a lot easier when they're all in the main passageway out of spawn.

Fourth match: Mismatched because there's two Ss on their team and we're all B+s, but if the ball holder would have just moved forward a bit at one point we might have been super close.

Then in the last minute of the fourth match, their ball holder suddenly starts... running back to their own base. In fact, almost exactly to where we had taken the ball. I have no idea why. We rush over there, kill the holder, I break open the shield with a Killer Wail, and grab it... and then as overtime hits, I just slowly trot across the Triggerfish walkway to victory and a cool 14 points.

I have no idea what happened. Was the other playing trying to taunt us? Was it a strategy to make sure that they didn't get wiped and the ball stolen right at the very end, by running away with it? Were they trolling their own team with a last second betrayal???

I dunno, but it makes an incredibly memorable story.

I don't think any of my teammates know that you can swim while carrying the Rainmaker. So far I'm the only person on any of my teams that's done it, and that's how the other teams are beating us.

Edit: And that's how they beat us again in 39 seconds.

You can be killed during the animation of slamming the Rainmaker down! I thought I was gonna be the MVP catching the fumble! Still won with 2 points left to go.

This mode is goddamn anarchy.

Zing

Banned
Rainmaker is like the fastest mode I swear there is a big opportunity to finish the match in 30 seconds.
Tower control was like that for me the first few hours of release. I think I went up two ranks that night. Every match was a complete knockout.

The Killer Wail is so good for this mode.

Not only does it clear a path, but if you use it on the shield the other team can't damage it. In fact they'll usually get killed by the shield popping from the Wail.

Top Bottom