• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Some info I gathered:

The ink spread by shooting with the Rainmaker does NOT fill your Special gauge.
The ink spread by the explosion of the Rainmaker shield DOES fill your Special gauge.

• Splash Wall: Does nothing, disappears when thrown into the Rainmaker's shield
• Seeker: Requires 2 to break the shield
• Suction Bomb: 3 to break
• Splat Bomb: 3 to break
• Burst Bomb: 9 to break

• Kraken: Requires 2 attacks to break
• Inkzooka: 4 shots to break

• Inkstrike: Breaks the shield in less than a second if directly under it, otherwise sustains low to huge damage depending on how far away from the inkstrike
• Killer Wail: Breaks after 2 seconds if in the center, takes more time otherwise

If you activate a Bubbler then take the Rainmaker, the Bubbler will end immediately and you won't even keep the remainder of your Special gauge!

(all without any Damage Up ability)

It seems inconsistent with the damage that the practice targets sustain. The Kraken and the Seeker deal impressive damage to the shield, the latter especially for being just a sub weapon. Damage on practice targets:

160 (Kraken attack) ×2 = 320
180 (Seeker direct explosion) ×2 = 360
9× 60 (Burst Bomb direct damage) = 540
150 (Inkzooka shot) ×4 = 600

Malus

I feel like a football player ducking, weaving, and hopping over enemy ink before getting tackled lol.

I was playing Turf War and I switched to Ranked by accident. Spent the first several seconds of the match painting the map thinking, "Camp Triggerfish is on Turf right now? Man I haven't gotten it yet after like an hour. Weird."

Still won tho. First win in S rank! :D

ChrisD

Alright, I'm B+ now.

Annnnd I can say that B- was full of people a lot smarter. What the * at these plays B+ is making. :(

Daknight

Man...Rainmaker is awesome!! So frantic, yet strategic at the same time and the feeling of being the one to place the rainmaker is SOOOO good xP

That dome is tricky if there is a good sniper, getting pass them with the rain maker and only spot to enter is that one...yet I manage to fool the sniper (does Ninja still work with Rainmaker? Maybe reason sniper didn't notice me passing xP) , my team went after me, made my path which I swam to victory...all under 30 seconds xP

The camp map is really good, various options and paths to take, nice strategy areas you can get the drop on your enemy (which happen to me a few times lol)

Nico_D

Alright, I'm B+ now.

Annnnd I can say that B- was full of people a lot smarter. What the * at these plays B+ is making. :(

They didn't seem to get a lot smarter in A- either. I think in A it's starting to show that there are less bad players.

ChrisD

Camp Triggerfish is probably going to be THE best map for this mode. Like you said, there's so many paths.

I just got my first D/C in Splatoon ever. And we were winning. :/

backlot

I had a match earlier and it seemed like a Splash Wall protected me when the opposing team blew up the Rainmaker's shield. Walls are so good in this mode.

ChrisD

Lost to an ultra laggy Japanese S player.

Yeah, guess its time to stop for the night.

Edit: IPOD PLEASE. Autocorrected stop to stool! >_>

Geg

Wow after doing pretty well with walkman totakeke and sendou earlier after playing with gaf in private it turns out I'm terrible at this. Except for one game where I inexplicably went 14-7 I don't think I got more than two kills per game that entire time

And I hate, hate, hate blackbelly skatepark

69wpm

Sorry, I didn't realize you guys were setting up a specific room! My bad. :) Good games, though, hope we can play again!

No problemo. Wii U needs a better message system so we don't have to use 10 communication channels for this stuff.

Geg

I probably won't join, still in kind of a sour mood over how poorly I performed in the last private room lol

Needham

Shooting inkzookas through the Rainmaker shield is kind of bullshit, but also kind of satisfying to kill a whole team hiding on the other side.

First rainmaker session done. Very attack heavy.
You will need support unless you create multiple ways close to the goal and surprise your opponent.

Also. Quite a few of the players I fought didn't seem to know exactly what they were doing.
Finally moved out of B+ rank to a whole new letter

RedFyn

Geg, gregtis and ttk just lost a 2v1 because you didn't want to play. Now they have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

Geg

Just play for fun. I need someone on my team to carry the rainmaker anyways. I hate having it

I know but it's hard for me to have fun if I don't feel like I'm actually contributing anything to the games other than being an extra target for the enemy team

I did really well that one match on Walleye which was fun, even though we lost. But other games just left me feeling like why am I even here

Violet_0

Banned
Kelp Dome is awful in this mode (well, it's awful in general). Use the cat walk from the center to get to the enemy base within seconds while they can barely react because of the map layout

Top Bottom