• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

I did a few tests, swimming while carrying the Rainmaker is about 23% slower.

Swim Speed Up still improves swimming speed, but even with 3× main and 1× sub Swim Speed Up, you swim 4% slower (while carrying the Rainmaker) than the normal swim speed without any ability.

ChrisD

My inkzooka is bigger than yours

Yours is making it rain.

No really, I love that the Rainmaker is just a glorified Inkzooka.

Edit: could have had another knockout, but a teammate stuck to my side like glue in the final stretch instead of getting me a path to swim. We still won, but the KO dosh would have been nice.

Malus

WOOOO went like 8-1 to leapfrog into S rank for the first time! Always seem to do well when the new modes drop.

Last match the bubble blew the whole opposing team up and we cruised to victory LOL.

AdanVC

What's the point of adding new music to the rotation if the same music that's been since the release of the game continues playing and nothing else? I want dem new music :'(

mo60

I really wish we could match make by region. I get nothing but Japanese players who kill me after they've been dead for a second.

I really hate when that happens to me in turf war.I don't get the problem with just Japanese players so I don't think region matchmaking would help me that much.

mo60

What's the point of adding new music to the rotation if the same music that's been since the release of the game continues playing and nothing else? I want dem new music :'(

I have been hearing the old music a lot at times since the 2.0 update. I still get to hear the new music, but some of the new tracks only play like once per day in a match for some odd reason.

Severance

I like rainmaker mode so far, I think. I have never seen a match end so fast before. It started, teammate heads straight to the rainmaker then straight to the finish without stopping. It felt like 15 seconds. Protip: Don't bring 3 chargers. I see lots of people with chargers.

Rainmaker always seems to end in knockout, at least so far. Lots of people not quite sure what to do yet it seems.

noshten

Finally back in S, going to sleep now cause I overdid Splatoon tonight

I haven't had a single match go into Overtime in Rainmaker, just quick matches and quick points and loses. It does appear to favor different types of strategies in terms of the skills/subs/mains. No one is using Echo on Rainmaker or at least in my games.

AdanVC

I have been hearing the old music a lot at times since the 2.0 update. I still get to hear the new music, but some of the new tracks only play like once per day in a match for some odd reason.

Yes omg I'm sick of hearing the same songs since game's release. I barely hear the new ones and that is no cool :'( oh well.

DaBoss

I just had a Rainmaker overtime match. I have to say that was one of the most exhilarating things I've experienced in Splatoon. It's like the other modes where you have to hold off the "enemy waves", but you are doing it in a more dynamic way and not a fixed position/path. I think we got 12 or more kills in overtime alone, the only thing that can top that is Blackbelly Splat Zones overtime.

Malus

I love how you slam dunk the Rainmaker into the goal. So satisfying.

After my first match it felt like it would be so easy to just blowout or get blownout but most of my matches timed out.

DooD1234

Alright, GG SM239 and whomever else was in the room. Gonna leave on a high note. That was a exhilarating 1v1 we had there SM239 at Walleye warehouse.

I switched back to Turf War and good god, some Splatfest quality teammates were out there. Complete "if we hide at spawn and never ever try to be aggressive, maybe we'll magically win eventually" shitshow.

explodet

Taking a break to see what new stuff is in the shops.
Part of me doesn't want to leave C rank, so much less pressure there.

Slam dunking the rainmaker in less than a minute is so dang satisfying, though.

Robotguy

Taking a break to see what new stuff is in the shops.
Part of me doesn't want to leave C rank, so much less pressure there.

Slam dunking the rainmaker in less than a minute is so dang satisfying, though.
Just won a match in like 30 seconds. I didn't have anything to do with it though.

Kicko

I'm surprised to see so many short victories here. 30 seconds, really? Every game of Rainmaker that I've had thus far has been intense, some going into OT even.

Perhaps I was lucky to play with a group of randoms who instinctively knew what they were doing. Regardless, I can say this mode is going to bananas once the community gets a better handle of it.

Had a good group for a while. Managed to win four in a row, two of which were in about 30 seconds or thereabouts.

Then I got paired with a lobby that...I don't think they had any idea what they were doing. We were playing on Camp Triggerfish. I managed to get the Rainmaker all the way to 4 by myself. The rest of my team was, for some reason, inking halfway across the map. I tried to wait it out for some support, but no one came. With 10 seconds left, the other team had never touched the Rainmaker. We were at 5. It went into over time. The other team won, because my team was no where near where anything was. I was the only one trying to kill the people with the Rainmaker.

: head desk :

I do like this mode though. I don't like Splat Zones or Tower Control, but I can see myself playing this one a fair bit.

Nico_D

You make Rainmaker sound so good! I want to play!

Damn with kids and their candy days.

Are you playing Private or taking/giving a beating in public?

Wow. First time playing rainmaker and the people in my team that took it went back to our base and just tried to shoot over the one barrier in the dome. We lost because no one ever tried to take it to the other base and took it to our base for the opponents...

holy fuck, rainmaker is so stressful. comebacks are crazy when you can pull them off.

During the last game we managed to do a last minute comeback to a knockout and I nearly dropped the controller from exhaustion. (best part was the A+ player on our team who did the least work, so we got less points from it. But it was a moral victory).

CO_Andy

AHHH I can't stand it anymore. So many new people in rainmaker doesn't know how to track where the rainmaker is going.
Count me as one of those schmucks who couldn't find the rainmaker a few times :(

Won my last game tho by sneaking to the goal while everybody else was duking out :)

Top Bottom