• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

JambiBum

Really, cause I just left Target and they had it on the shelf ready to go for $60.

I feel like a prick for saying this, but why should I buy digital when the one thing it is supposed to offer me above all else (convience) can't even do that. I'm on the east coast and work nights so my mornings are the only time I have to play games. Granted I did get my copy from the B/S/T thread for cheap, but if I preordered it for the full $60, it looks like I would be in the same boat

We have Steam doing preloads and just being generally great, GOG releasing everything DRM free, and even fucking Origin is stepping up by releasing some digital games with a return policy, why would I ever give uPlay money for a game again?
Because you have no other choice. Like in this moment.

DesertFox

Really, cause I just left Target and they had it on the shelf ready to go for $60.

I feel like a prick for saying this, but why should I buy digital when the one thing it is supposed to offer me above all else (convience) can't even do that. I'm on the east coast and work nights so my mornings are the only time I have to play games. Granted I did get my copy from the B/S/T thread for cheap, but if I preordered it for the full $60, it looks like I would be in the same boat

We have Steam doing preloads and just being generally great, GOG releasing everything DRM free, and even fucking Origin is stepping up by releasing some digital games with a return policy, why would I ever give uPlay money for a game again?
This is the kind of stuff that gets me upset at myself for preordering through gamestop. Can't get the game til after work because I just had to have the preorder goodies. Could have just grabbed it off the shelf at target...

JambiBum

According to their twitter, we should be able to play pc versions within another 3 hours. Was originally posted at 10 am est so another two to go. Apparently they were told that it would be ready at midnight but someone gave them the wrong info. It's happened before with other games, I would hate to be a dev in that situation because everyone goes to you for answers when you don't really have any.

Just got back from Gamestop with a copy for the Wii U. It was the only non-reserved copy they had left, so I'm guessing the shipments for Wii U are going to be really small.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just got back from Gamestop with a copy for the Wii U. It was the only non-reserved copy they had left, so I'm guessing the shipments for Wii U are going to be really small.

"Wii U version sold gangbusters! Third Party sales ain't dead! Wii U! Wii U! Wii U!"

You know that's how NPD is gonna spin it.

hao chi

Just got home with the PS3 version, and for those that were wondering about the install: you at least need 12 GB's to play the game. I haven't gotten far enough to see whether you actually need to install the game or just have that space available since the GT5 patch data is taking fucking forever to delete, but it won't let you play if you don't have 12 GB's available.

Edit: Yep, it's installing. Time to go make breakfast.

Hip Hop

Has this shown up for anyone on UPLAY?

Nope.

Still waiting. Gonna let this Sony presser pass by, hopefully it's up by then.

I don't have the best speed in the world, so I hope to download this as soon as possible.

My other friend that got the Nvidia code as well has an internet speed of about half 1mbps, he still has to come down and copy the game.

TheFrza

Bought it for Wii U... and it plays really good, especially with the Wii U gamepad.
Every 3rd party Wii U port game should be like this.

That's great to hear. I gambled and ordered the Wii U version hoping for greatness - or should I say - hoping for not suckiness

Gaz_RB

Played this all night and I'm gonna play some more this morning. The upgrade system kinda reminds me of Rainbow Six Vegas 2, but with Splinter Cell gameplay. I turned off the money notifications that come up during gameplay, but it's addicting to see it all add up at the end of a long mission, unlock new things and customize the suit and your gadgets. Vegas 2 kept me playing forever so that's a good sign.

Preordered at GameStop. It was my first time in there in years.

I can't wait for some Spy vs Merc action later.

Any multiplayer fav maps yet?

Grisby

Damn, that 3gb install seemed to take forever, had to be 20 minutes at least. Played a bit of the first mission and I still love how fast Sam can move.

Question though, since I only glanced at them but can you play all of those side missions on the plane solo?
Thanks the awful name of the next Xbox console, I thought you were talking about grabbing a next gen version.
Wow, didn't even think about that. Lol.

Saw a few posts on Miiverse saying that GameStop only had one copy or only enough copies to cover pre-orders/reserves. Some people said their local GameStop didn't have any at all.

Sad.

FrsDvl

Damnit.. My game refuses to connect to the servers and i can NOT play anything online. The only reason i bought this game, and it doensn't work.. And by the looks of it i'm like the only person with this problem

VG7CB1J.png

It is on PC, just using controler.

hao chi

Hopefully I'm just really scrubby and the Spies aren't as deadly as they seem.

Having fun with the game though, both versus and single player.

FrsDvl

wtf... why does uPlay delete saves after you uninstall uPlay. Seriously i had fully ghosted the first mission and now i have to start over again.

CyReN

I really dislike the "Mass Effect Room" in the new Splinter Cell, give me classic menus.

also why do Charlie Cole and Grim give you different missions, gets annoying having to go back and forth.

Top Bottom