• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

Double D

Downloaded it. Failed halfway through the installation. Some CRC Error. Now it's verifying downloaded files within UPlay. This has been a horrible experience so far.

Gbraga

Ubi released the Blacklist, downloading it right now. Still a while though, probably won't get to play it today because of the manual installation.

:/

haikira

Well Blacklist is supposed to be both is it not ? 3 playstyles etc.

I think the idea is, you play ghost, panther or lethal. But even if you're playing lethally, you still have to play smart. Use the element of surprise, keep on the move, use your last known position to your advantage to flank and so on. Going in Gears of War style, is probably not advised.

I definitely don't think the game is suited for the guy in that WiiU video.

Not sure about other platforms, but the Wii U version has horrendous load times. I need to time it, but I'm talking near a minute or a minute plus in some cases. It's too bad, since so far I'm enjoying the game; playing on Realistic.

I really dislike the "Mass Effect Room" in the new Splinter Cell, give me classic menus.

also why do Charlie Cole and Grim give you different missions, gets annoying having to go back and forth.

You really don't have to run around if you don't want to. All that stuff is available from the main map screen.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Skip to 1:00:00 and watch...you won't regret it lol

I think the idea is, you play ghost, panther or lethal. But even if you're playing lethally, you still have to play smart. Use the element of surprise, keep on the move, use your last known position to your advantage to flank and so on. Going in Gears of War style, is probably not advised.

I definitely don't think the game is suited for the guy in that WiiU video.

So I actually watched some of the video and...yeah you guys are right :p That video was hilariously excruciating to watch.

theorythree3

Neo Member
Christ, what a download from uplay this is going to be. Going to take me like two days. If I would have known beforehand it would have been this large I would have just sold my code for 20 bucks lol. I guess this is the future and I need to get better internet.

Bad7667

I cant get this game to launch at all on PC. I click play on UPlay and something looks like its trying to launch but then nothing. Then Uplay says "Thanks for playing".

Anyone else having troubles with this game? This is the first PC game I have bought in 3 years that I couldn't get to launch at all.

Ashtar

Story sucks because it doesnt goes for traditional Tom Clancy esque thing but because its bad copy of 24.

By the way PS3 version has 22MB patch but no mandatory install.
so no mandatopsry install on PS3? I really want to know because I want to return my 360 version for the PS3 but I don't have 12GB of HD space
Skip to 1:00:00 and watch...you won't regret it lol
LOL that made my day one of my favorite quotes!

Where does the PC patch install to?

Instead of overwriting files, this patch installs over and over again. I had to run it about 7 or 8 times to make sure it was done correctly.(it never let gave me any indication that it was installing or that it had installed correctly) It's eating up space on my SSD and I need to know where the patch files are located so I can delete the duplicates.

Double D

Downloaded it. Failed halfway through the installation. Some CRC Error. Now it's verifying downloaded files within UPlay. This has been a horrible experience so far.

Verified downloaded files. Tried to install again. Heres the error. Should I "Ignore"??

bY14H.jpg

JambiBum

Where does the PC patch install to?

Instead of overwriting files, this patch installs over and over again. I had to run it about 7 or 8 times to make sure it was done correctly.(it never let gave me any indication that it was installing or that it had installed correctly) It's eating up space on my SSD and I need to know where the patch files are located so I can delete the duplicates.

Did you have the second version of the patch and not the first? When I tried to install the 1.4gb version it didn't want to install correctly, once I downloaded and ran the 1.7 version it ran just fine.

Anyone have Conviction installed on their PC? Could you please check where the .ini (configuration) file is?

I can't boot it up because Uplay refuses to create one before first launch.

So can Uplay people play with Stem people? The game has to be activated through Uplay even if you bought it on Steam right?

Wait a minute. I bought this off GMG for the 10 dollars credit and its not a Steam or Uplay game, I have to use Capsule? ...omg... What's the chances on me getting a refund on this?

Does anyone know how long it takes for the HD Texture Pack to install on 360? I've been going at it for 15-20 minutes and I see no progress on the progress bar. :(

admartian

Verified downloaded files. Tried to install again. Heres the error. Should I "Ignore"??

bY14H.jpg

At the risk of insulting the PC gaming master race - it's errors like this which is why I prefer to game on consoles (no insult intended - please don't hurt me!).

Anyway I should be getting this game tomorrow. What's the word so far?

Gaz_RB

Is there a demo for this on the PS3? There isn't one on the Wii U and would like to actually try the game first.

No demo

At the risk of insulting the PC gaming master race - it's errors like this which is why I prefer to game on consoles (no insult intended - please don't hurt me!).

Anyway I should be getting this game tomorrow. What's the word so far?

I've been playing it for hours... Cannot put it down.

Played through the first mission (PC version), seems good so far, although its hard to shake my muscle memory from my recent Conviction playthrough. It feels weird to not be able to stay in cover by holding LT, but oh well.

Runs well on ultra settings, Conviction was a terribad port so this is nice to see them putting the time in to make a decent PC version.

Down for some co-op/spies vs mercs in the near future, my Uplay ID is runningriot501

suaveric

Awesome, Gamestop did not have my Wii U copy today. No Stop in within 10 miles did. I'm not that pissed, I still have Pikmin to finish, but if I can't get the game day one, what's the point in preordering? I wonder if I could get some compensation for this fuckup.

Just finished my first game of SvM. I had only played parts of the single player campaigns of Splinter Cell games in the past, so this was my first time running through this, and I can definitely see why so many people loved it.

I was spy for the first round; 2 mercs versus myself, although one of the mercs either quit or dropped about 5 minutes in. Went into overtime for my last terminal, and wow, that shit is tense when you know death means losing any chance of hacking the last terminal. Switched sides and was doing really well, 7 minutes in and not one terminal had been hacked. Finally, the spy got one of the terminals, but it was only one and I won with 2 defends and 3 successful hacks.

Really fun, although I'll probably only be able to play a decent amount on weekends, so I imagine I'll fall behind pretty soon.

If anyone wants to add me on Wii U though, my NID is JacksUsername.

Some people on Miiverse are saying they're experiencing freezing when playing online. Has that happened to anyone?

Just played that one full game, but, knock on wood, nothing so far. Matchmaking and the game ran very smooth (but it also just ended up being 1v1).

Anyone with the Wii u version want to jump online and do some coop with me? If your in the us and want to jump into search, you should find my lobby. If not, quote me and give me your info so we can friend each other first.

Just finished my first game of SvM. I had only played parts of the single player campaigns of Splinter Cell games in the past, so this was my first time running through this, and I can definitely see why so many people loved it.

I was spy for the first round; 2 mercs versus myself, although one of the mercs either quit or dropped about 5 minutes in. Went into overtime for my last terminal, and wow, that shit is tense when you know death means losing any chance of hacking the last terminal. Switched sides and was doing really well, 7 minutes in and not one terminal had been hacked. Finally, the spy got one of the terminals, but it was only one and I won with 2 defends and 3 successful hacks.

Really fun, although I'll probably only be able to play a decent amount on weekends, so I imagine I'll fall behind p

If anyone wants to add me on Wii U though, my NID is JacksUsername.

Just played that one full game, but, knock on wood, nothing so far. Matchmaking and the game ran very smooth (but it also just ended up being 1v1).
Just sent a friend request to you on NiN

I'm GAMERatHEART

Patch is definitely installed because when I tried to use it again it said it wasn't needed and had already been installed.

I did install it to my main hard drive instead of the SSD which uplay is installed on but that shouldn't be an issue. All the date is there where it needs to be.

Skunkers

Anyone have Conviction installed on their PC? Could you please check where the .ini (configuration) file is?

Don't have it on PC, just spitballing here but I would check the permissions on your Uplay and especially installation directories. Might be a reason why it can't create it (y'know, assuming you haven't thought of it).

danielcw

There are many .ini files in my Conviction directory.
I have Conviction via Steam which launches Uplay.
In my case this directory is full of .ini files.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction\src\system

"Wii U version sold gangbusters! Third Party sales ain't dead! Wii U! Wii U! Wii U!"

You know that's how NPD is gonna spin it.

NPD does not spin numbers, do they?

Afro

downloaded the patch manually and it seemed to work.

question, though. how does Uplay handle patches normally? like, when the next patch eventually goes up will it just automatically install when I launch the game from Uplay?

Sounds good, just added you as well. I won't be able to play any more tonight, but hopefully we can get a good SvM team going sometime. Definitely want to try the E4 missions in co-op as well (and avoid randoms as much possible).
Cool. Shoot me a pm either here or on miiverse with a time you think you will be on.

FrsDvl

Well after trying all day i can still not connect to the main server on PC thus not play online. I'm going to re-install Windows and hope for the best... It worked with Sim City 4, so it better work with this game!

Double D

Not sure if anyone cares but I ended up choosing 'Ignore' for that CRC Error I posted above. Finished the install and the game works. Downloaded the patch and it's currently installing. Here's to hoping it doesn't screw something up.

Also grabbed the latest Nvidia Drivers after playing a bit. I was getting some frame drops, so I hope they improve things.

edit: Christ this patch takes forever to install. This has been one of the most cumbersome PC gaming experiences I can remember in several years. Definitely will avoid Uplay as much as possible in the future.

Top Bottom