• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

EYEL1NER

I had been on the fence for a while on this. I mean, I did love Conviction. But then again, this is from Ubisoft and their games can typically be had during a sale for almost half off before the first month ends. I finally caved when I went to the Best Buy site a couple mins ago and saw that all the pre-order stuff was still available. Used two $10 RZ certs that were expiring soon to get it for $41.XX and will get $10 in RZ points back, as well as the DLC.

I won't be able to play it for three weeks though. I'm not even in the country at the moment (will be traveling back for a month in four days), so I didn't need it right away. But BB wanted almost $4 in sales tax to have it sent to my apartment. Now, in three weeks I will be traveling to MO to see my family and sales tax there was only going to run me about $1.50. So I've gotta wait. But I've got Saint's Row and Dynasty Warriors 8 getting to my apartment in the next couple days, as well as the numerous games I have bought online over the last six months and not had my wife mail to me, as well as my wife (who needs some loving), so I will be plenty busy without Splinter Cell. I would say that I might get around to playing it when I bring it back up here to Greenland with me at the end of next month, but I will have GTA then.

So who knows when I will get around to playing it actually. All I know is by the time I decide to open it, it will probably be able to be had for $25 during a Tuesday Gold Box sale or something.

And man, fuck this online game to get the costume. four time now and I can't get above 4600 with my laptop's touchpad. Hopefully costume keys are still available by Friday, when I can either use my mouse at home or connect my iPhone to a real network again and knock the game out quickly online.

demolitio

I really hope my Paypal check goes through tomorrow. Even as much as I ragged on some of the decisions, I always turn up kind of excited considering just how limited the stealth genre is and well....SvM!!!!!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uplay should die so Origin can live. >:|

At least Origin puts "pre-orders" up in your collection instead of hiding them like Uplay does. God. :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fuck Uplay...

People want Origin to die? Fuck the haters, at least Origin works and doesn't screw pre-orders like Uplay. People that want Origin to die obviously haven't use Uplay.

See you in the morning, they obviously aren't putting it up now.

Play in DX10?

I don't want to drop to the DX9 version. The DX11 effects are absolutely gorgeous, I'll just wait I suppose. Also seem to be some bad driver related performance issues many aren't getting. To clarify this is about X-Com, not Blacklist.

Hope Ubisoft bothers to put it up some time soon.

haikira

Fuck Uplay...

People want Origin to die? Fuck the haters, at least Origin works and doesn't screw pre-orders like Uplay. People that want Origin to die obviously haven't use Uplay.

See you in the morning, they obviously aren't putting it up now.

Oh don't worry, I've always hated Uplay with a passion. I actually don't hate Origin.

Wow it doesn't unlock for another 12 hours on Steam... this is my first pre-load, but what kind of damn sense does it make to unlock a game at 10am PST? Bunch of clowns. This needs some kind of "yo dawg" image.

DrBo42

Wow it doesn't unlock for another 12 hours on Steam... this is my first pre-load, but what kind of damn sense does it make to unlock a game at 10am PST? Bunch of clowns. This needs some kind of "yo dawg" image.

I could be wrong but I assume it's because no one is there to activate the update.

haikira

Well this is a mess. I'm out. Should have known better than to trust Ubisoft. Hopefully I'll wake up to Blacklist working and some awesome Sony news.

Good night guys. Hopefully it unlocks soon for you all.

DrBo42

I don't know. As far as I know no one received their code yet, but I'm sure well get it soon after launch

How amazing would it be if they had no database for the codes sent out from that promotion and everyone had to send in a picture of their card/code?

TentPole

Bought a uplay key off Ebay this morning and have been trying to activate for around 10 hours. Lesson learned. Never go through the Uplay store.

Bought a uplay key off Ebay this morning and have been trying to activate for around 10 hours. Lesson learned. Never go through the Uplay store.

I had a hard time earlier trying to get the store to work. It probably took a good half hour before I stopped getting server errors

nOoblet16

Anyone else dislikes how weight less Sam's climbing has been since Conviction? It also looks very jarring whenever he's hanging onto a pipe and comes across a T shape, his body would just clip through it instead of having an appropriate animation to avoid it. Even the PS2 games had appropriate animations and weight.

TentPole

I had a hard time earlier trying to get the store to work. It probably took a good half hour before I stopped getting server errors

How did you finally get through? I am worried that if I don't get this going soon I am going to get screwed out of the predorder bonuses.

DrBo42

Anyone else dislikes how weight less Sam's climbing has been since Conviction? It also looks very jarring whenever he's hanging onto a pipe and comes across a T shape, his body would just clip through it instead of having an appropriate animation to avoid it. Even the PS2 games had appropriate animations and weight.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the recent Ubi philosophy on impossible upper body strength.

Well I am glad you got through. It looks like I may not be as lucky. Going to try for another half hour and then give up until tomorrow.

Are you going through the website or the uplay client ? I don't know if it would make a difference but I used the website. Maybe try emailing them and let them you your having a problem though they most likely won't replay until tomorrow so I don't know if you'd still get the pre order stuff

TentPole

Are you going through the website or the uplay client ? I don't know if it would make a difference but I used the website. Maybe try emailing them and let them you your having a problem though they most likely won't replay until tomorrow so I don't know if you'd still get the pre order stuff

Yep, I have been going through the website. I have already been in contact with technical support and it sounds like I am probably screwed if I can't get it to go through while the preorder bonuses are still on offer. Mostly I just want the free copy of Conviction since I never got around to trying it. Situation sucks.

But even worst case I still end up with Blacklist for less than half of its retail cost so I can't be completely bitter about the whole situation.

FrsDvl

I can't believe its 12:30 and i have been sitting here all night waiting for this game to unlock. Maybe i'll just get some sleep and play in the morning..

Yep, I have been going through the website. I have already been in contact with technical support and it sounds like I am probably screwed if I can't get it to go through while the preorder bonuses are still on offer. Mostly I just want the free copy of Conviction since I never got around to trying it. Situation sucks.

But even worst case I still end up with Blacklist for less than half of its retail cost so I can't be completely bitter about the whole situation.

Damn that's really unfortunate but at least it's not your fault. Also from what I've heard the PC version of Conviction is a mess, I played it on 360 I thought it was okay but not great.

I hope you get this situation resolved soon and enjoy Blacklist.

FrsDvl

I am still holding out... be strong!! 7 minutes!!

Me too, just to see if it pops up. Then i'm going to bed lol.. Might quickly see how well my PC runs it though. Although it should be fine.

Just stumbled upon this for everyone with a Nvidia code.
wM9vrzR.png

Gaz_RB

Sorry for all you PC folk.

Just picked it up for 360

First mission is typical tutorial trash but I hopped right into one of Grim's ghost missions and it's feeling pretty good. After just playing Chaos Theory though, I'm gonna miss the variable moving speeds...

Top Bottom