• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

Gaz_RB

Silenced sniper rifle adds whole new strategies to the missions, but it might be overpowered...

I can do the whole first Kobin mission undetected on realistic in just a few minutes with this baby haha

Pjsprojects

Not a bad game, really got to learn stealth, run and gun didn't work after the start scene helicopter crash.

I thought firing a silenced pistol would be ok....

DualX

So why is it you can change your controls in Spies vs Mercs, but not in the campaign mode? It's a bit jarring to swap between the two. Am I just not doing something right here? I guess I'll go ahead and mention that I'm playing the 360 version of the game.

Anyone else seeing these creepy animation glitches? Happens to me at random.

From the PC UPLAY version of Blacklist.

http://youtu.be/0ZZ8Zzfswok

VlI1Z.gif

So hows the wii u version of this?

Single player is fine.

Multiplayer has problems like freezing and hardly being able to successfully join a friend's game after they've invited you. The freezing in particular has put a lot of people off even bothering.

Hopefully Ubi releases a patch to fix it.

Oh man...I was liking this game so much, I thought it was too good to be true, then I got to a certain mission in Philadelphia......no spoilers. But man....who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Oh man...I was liking this game so much, I thought it was too good to be true, then I got to a certain mission in Philadelphia......no spoilers. But man....who the hell thought that was a good idea?
Exactly my feeling last night, but am pretty sure it wasn't philadelphia. The game does force you into certain encounters - like they all have - and its been a matter of pure trial and error for a few of em.

Also, I broke a laptop doing that same death from above move - felt like a dumbass - but it was a learning experience. :)

My first campaign run is all about experimentation.

Grisby

Oh hey teammates its cool to just stand in a corner and not attempt to hack anything. Double points for shooting at a merc with your little sub-machine gun head on.

You know, whateves.

For me, it's definitely been better. I've got two 670s and when I revisited conviction recently, I was still getting some pretty big drops at random locations. About three or four hours into blacklist, running on ultra and 1080p, it's been perfect.

For you guys who are getting good performance on PC, are you running it Windowed or Fullscreen?

Exactly my feeling last night, but am pretty sure it wasn't philadelphia. The game does force you into certain encounters - like they all have - and its been a matter of pure trial and error for a few of em.

Also, I broke a laptop doing that same death from above move - felt like a dumbass - but it was a learning experience. :)

My first campaign run is all about experimentation.

Are you playing on PC? I am looking for someone to tackle the coop only missions sometime.

I'm getting huge frame drops on my 7970. I can run the game perfectly at 60 fps on ultra (no AA) at 2560x1600, but the second I play as Mercs it drops to sub-30. Something to do with the first-person effects, I guess?

I got more than two thirds of the way through the game before realizing the speed toggle was on the capslock button. Would have made approaching heavies oh so much easier before I bought the stealth nano suits.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I finished the first two missions and it's been fun so far. Was there a trick to
rescuing Kobin without getting detected. I managed to do it just by peeking through corners and shooting the guys in the head with my silenced pistol.
I'm just curious if there was another sneaky way I didn't notice.

I'm loving this game. My stats are around 70% Ghost and 30% Panther. I always get tempted to just walk away from enemies but the thought of knocking every enemy out or shooting them in the head with a silenced pistol is just too tempting.

I got more than two thirds of the way through the game before realizing the speed toggle was on the capslock button. Would have made approaching heavies oh so much easier before I bought the stealth nano suits.

I'm playing on a controller. That's weird, was Conviction like that? I remember the older game would just control the movement speed with the mouse wheel. They should of just stuck with that.

DesertFox

I finished the first two missions and it's been fun so far. Was there a trick to
rescuing Kobin without getting detected. I managed to do it just by peeking through corners and shooting the guys in the head with my silenced pistol.
I'm just curious if there was another sneaky way I didn't notice.

I'm loving this game. My stats are around 70% Ghost and 30% Panther. I always get tempted to just walk away from enemies but the thought of knocking every enemy out or shooting them in the head with a silenced pistol is just too tempting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-AGBSosIZ4&t=15m0s

Wish I had known about this before my playthrough... resulted in 2 combat KOs :/

Are you playing on PC? I am looking for someone to tackle the coop only missions sometime.
Xbox here. Still trying to carve time nightly to get some quality splinter cell action in.

I always get tempted to just walk away from enemies but the thought of knocking every enemy out or shooting them in the head with a silenced pistol is just too tempting.
The gunplay here is so much better than its ever been that it can be pretty damn tempting. Saving ghost for future runs lets me really try to get a feel for the different weapons and takedowns and do some more exploring that may be more difficult on ghost runs.

And holy hell at those Charlie missions. Did the first one solo. What a strange experience to solo in a Splinter Cell game. Horde(ish) with some objectives thrown in? Should make for some good times in co-op.

And yeah, fuck dogs. No mercy from me :)

LTWheels

Is it more CPU heavy or GPU heavy?

I have a relativity decent GPU, 6970; but my CPU is an old Core 2 Duo e8400. (waiting to next year to upgrade my CPU)

I play at 1680x1050 and I normally get a framerate of around 30-50 with most things on max in most games unless they are ridiculously CPC heavy.

What a fricking joke.

Come to play it and it won't even start in fullscreen mode and because it starts in a window no matter what settings or inis I edit crossfire won't work because it doesn't work in windowed mode.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I haven't really had problems with dogs outside of them knowing where you are if you're on the ground. :/ Even through doors, which I guess is realistic but annoying as shit.

Anyway: Grim Mission 1: Laptop: Solo, yes? No? :(

What a fricking joke.

Come to play it and it won't even start in fullscreen mode and because it starts in a window no matter what settings or inis I edit crossfire won't work because it doesn't work in windowed mode.

Settings->Video->Your fullscreen resolution/windowed: no, fullscreen->Apply->????->Profit?

It should save the settings after that. The only issue I have is the game windowing in alt-tab but going back and setting it back to fullscreen fixes this.

Settings->Video->Your fullscreen resolution/windowed: no, fullscreen->Apply->????->Profit?

It should save the settings after that. The only issue I have is the game windowing in alt-tab but going back and setting it back to fullscreen fixes this.

Doesn't work. Every time I set fullscreen, quit, restart game it starts in a window.

About 1 hour in, and it's okay so far, but when did Sam Fisher turn into a cross between Michael Westen and Shepard? lol And I'm pretty sure Conviction had better facial modelling and animation than this.... oh well.

d00d3n

Do the missions have time limits? I hate time limits.

If I remember correctly, there is a time limit that you must go under to get a score bonus at the end of each mission. I did not care very much about this statistic, but there are many time sensitive situations during normal gameplay like having to kill enemies before they discover the bodies you left behind, being on the verge of being spotted and so on.

I'm playing on a controller. That's weird, was Conviction like that? I remember the older game would just control the movement speed with the mouse wheel. They should of just stuck with that.

I don't think Conviction had different speeds because there was no sound detection. You were either jogging or sprinting. Certainly possible I missed it though. And I'd have preferred it be on the mouse wheel as compared to the Capslock. They have weapon switching on the mouse wheel which was useless to me because it was only your two main guns, not your crossbow.

Bah, I really like the customization in SvM Blacklist, but the spies' invisibility is so overpowered. I think they should only be able to melee-kill mercs from behind, it's too damn easy to 1. Turn invisible 2. Run up to merc and one-shot him.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The game is available for download in the UK eshop on Wii U. Now only if Game would sell download code for it faster/at all. I don't really want to pay £55.99 for this.

Grisby

Anyone know when the disc changing happens on 360? Don't want to get to grimms 4th mission and then have to switch to do Briggs 2nd etc.

Anyone know when the disc changing happens on 360? Don't want to get to grimms 4th mission and then have to switch to do Briggs 2nd etc.
Curious about this too.

I don't understand why there's a need to swap discs at all considering you can install them both.

Gaz_RB

As far as I can tell, disc changing is only half way through the story, an only for the story missions. Coop and multiplayer is all on disc one

SystemBug

Is anybody having problems with the Xbox controller connectivity on the PC version? It works fine for a few minutes but then it doesn't work when I'm in the menu or inventory select screen.

Afro

Is anybody having problems with the Xbox controller connectivity on the PC version? It works fine for a few minutes but then it doesn't work when I'm in the menu or inventory select screen.

same here. sometimes it'll just stop working for no reason after a SvM match, but unplugging and replugging seems to fix it. and sometimes i have to go back into settings and switch from keyboard and back to gamepad for the game to recognize it.

Played some Spies VS Mercs last night. I am really digging it overall, but my main gripe is the spies overpowered melee kills. They at least have to change classic mode where spies should never be able to kill in front of an enemy, it should only be from behind. Spies can even upgrade there outfit to increase the range of the attack, making it so the Merc has to melee way before a spy gets close. Also, I also think the spies electric stun attack is way too long. I can shock a Merc and just rush in for the kill.

Effect

Single player is fine.

Multiplayer has problems like freezing and hardly being able to successfully join a friend's game after they've invited you. The freezing in particular has put a lot of people off even bothering.

Hopefully Ubi releases a patch to fix it.

I hate that we have to "hope" for a damn patch when it comes to third party games. If this is hurting multiplayer right now and people are complaining about it, as they should, that could very well stop others from buying and kill any chances the game might have had of building a community. Yet I expect Wii U owners will be blamed in the end.

Top Bottom