• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://i.imgur.com/EjMOwr5.gif

ibnBRKPdt7xwGd.gif

As for the memory leaks: I dunno about the out of memory, but I've had the DX11 crash randomly for longer playsessions. So if that's a part of the memory leak: Yeah, it's seemingly hitting some limit after like 2-5 hours of continuous play only to crash to desktop for me.

Gaz_RB

ibnBRKPdt7xwGd.gif

As for the memory leaks: I dunno about the out of memory, but I've had the DX11 crash randomly for longer playsessions. So if that's a part of the memory leak: Yeah, it's seemingly hitting some limit after like 2-5 hours of continuous play only to crash to desktop for me.

Haha he really had that one coming.

I guess it's not easy coming from youtube comments to neogaf

on topic: Does Ubisoft ever do season passes?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
How do you send friends Challenges in the single player or are they automatically sent when a friend beats your time on the Leaderboards?

I received one the other day, beat it tonite and the Challenge is still sitting there. *shrug*

Mononoke

Banned
I have no idea if I'm just not used to the Wii U controller, or if I just suck at this game. But man, my first mission was so clunky/ and fumbled. Every situation I managed to screw up by being spotted. I haven't played Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory (I loved the original games). I might just be out of touch with the genre.

Hopefully I get better as the missions go on, because that was an embarrassment. I started letting the guards kill me on purpose, just so I could reset and re-do a situation differently (because I fumbled it so badly).

Lima

I have no idea if I'm just not used to the Wii U controller, or if I just suck at this game. But man, my first mission was so clunky/ and fumbled. Every situation I managed to screw up by being spotted. I haven't played Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory (I loved the original games). I might just be out of touch with the genre.

It will probably be this.

The controls are perfect and the movement and animations are very fluid. They basically have gone back to the old movement but took out all the jank from the original trilogy and still kept some of that Conviction style.

Pretty impressive mix and very satisfying to play.

danielcw

I have a confession to make:

I did not know "Qods" were real. I though they were an invention of the series, and I wondered if I skipped an important cut scene.

Mononoke

Banned
It will probably be this.

The controls are perfect and the movement and animations are very fluid. They basically have gone back to the old movement but took out all the jank from the original trilogy and still kept some of that Conviction style.

Pretty impressive mix and very satisfying to play.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to blame the game. More so, I don't know if I'm used to the Wii U pad. But I definitely think I'm just really rusty. Hopefully the more missions I do, the more I'll get back into the swing of things.

Gaz_RB

Yeah, I wasn't trying to blame the game. More so, I don't know if I'm used to the Wii U pad. But I definitely think I'm just really rusty. Hopefully the more missions I do, the more I'll get back into the swing of things.

Same thing happened to me. You get used to it, and then you start to be able to do some really cool things

I was gonna pick this up on PC, but now I'm seriously considering the WiiU version. Haven't really read any WiiU impressions though...does it run well for the most part?

Also, can you play it on the gamepad? I haven't had my WiiU hooked up to a TV in months, and I LOVE playing games on the pad.

I was gonna pick this up on PC, but now I'm seriously considering the WiiU version. Haven't really read any WiiU impressions though...does it run well for the most part?

Also, can you play it on the gamepad? I haven't had my WiiU hooked up to a TV in months, and I LOVE playing games on the pad.

Off screen play is there and its glorious. Probably played 70 percent that way alone.

Azulsky

Is the PC version as fucked as people are saying?

The only problem I have is that it likes to reset the graphics options to default, which is windowed and turns off all the glam settings

That and occasionally my friend and I are unable to invite each other to multiplayer.

Xanathus

I bought the game two days ago and I'm still sloooowly downloading it on my slow ass connection. I can't believe the game is 20 gigs, that's about the same size as Max Payne 3 and Force Unleashed 2!

nOoblet16

I think I have an audio issue, I donno if it's from my side of if it's the game itself. In every cutscene there's at least a line or two, usually it's the line spoken by the person on radio or the Television which is inaudible, I know there's a voice over because I noticed that sometimes there's just nothing but a long silence with music in the background so I turned on the subs and saw that there indeed was a voice over that I couldn't hear.

I'm on Xbox an I think it's a bug in the game itself because it happens only during cutscenes.

DirtyLarry

Tonight my wife is going out so I plan on playing some MP for the first time in about 6 months, I almost always play SP.

I am leaning heavily towards checking out Spies Vs Mercs, loved the mode in Chaos Theory, but I also have never checked out The Last Of Us's MP either yet.

So which game do people recommend to check out? Being a completely new player to both games is very important to keep in mind. I know I am going to get destroyed no matter what, but whichever game I have the better fighting chance starting out as a new player is the one I prefer to play. So any recommendations?

Mononoke

Banned
Same thing happened to me. You get used to it, and then you start to be able to do some really cool things

Did you have trouble with the overhead UAV missions? I'm having problems with the tilt. I dunno, I keep screwing this up over and over.

EDIT: Sorry, I was assuming you had the Wii U version.

Did you have trouble with the overhead UAV missions? I'm having problems with the tilt. I dunno, I keep screwing this up over and over.

EDIT: Sorry, I was assuming you had the Wii U version.
I agree. The tilt is dam near unusable. Anything above normal and you can't kill them fast enough to survive the mission.

Its terrible. Sadly, when I do off TV and turn off all motion, that is still on. Had to go to the TV and activate my pro controller to get passed those sections.

Mononoke

Banned
I agree. The tilt is dam near unusable. Anything above normal and you can't kill them fast enough to survive the mission.

Its terrible. Sadly, when I do off TV and turn off all motion, that is still on. Had to go to the TV and activate my pro controller to get passed those sections.

It's really a bummer, because I just want to play as Sam Fischer and I'm stuck on this stupid Wii U Pad mission for like 50 min now. I keep failing over and over.

Really annoying, because I've gotten down to the LAST TWO guys in the area, and I'll fail. So close, but the tilting is just so sensitive. The best way to do it (I've found), is to put both elbows on a desk (or table whatever) and then slowly tilt the pad that way.

EDIT: ARGH what a load of crap. I killed every single person, but still failed because the last person I killed was aware. Ugh.

Second EDIT: WOOOOO. Finally beat it.

TheSeks

Damn. Sam's a dick, but it's kinda understandable.

"What did you want me to do?"

"FINISH THE MISSION PROVE YOUR LOYALTY NOT SAVE MY ASS! THAT'S IT! YOUR LAST MISSION!"

(Briggs: "My last mission? I didn't even work on anything but two missions, you dick!")

Mononoke

Banned
Dumb question. But this game is only 720p resolution. Does this game auto set itself to 720p, or does it upscale to 1080p?

I'm playing the Wii U version, and am gaming on a 60 inch 1080p HDTV. When I use my remote to see the resolution, it's showing 1080p (even though I know the game doesn't output at that). Is there a setting in the Wii U to auto set resolution to what the game's max resolution is? Or should I just not worry about it. Does 720p on a 1080p TV look better than 720 upscaled to 1080?

I think I have an audio issue, I donno if it's from my side of if it's the game itself. In every cutscene there's at least a line or two, usually it's the line spoken by the person on radio or the Television which is inaudible, I know there's a voice over because I noticed that sometimes there's just nothing but a long silence with music in the background so I turned on the subs and saw that there indeed was a voice over that I couldn't hear.

I'm on Xbox an I think it's a bug in the game itself because it happens only during cutscenes.

I had that issue on PC but it somehow fixed itself.

I have a 3570k 4.4
GTX 670
8GB ram

Wondering if i'll have similar issues. Ben thinking of just going for it on Steam for the last few days.
Exact same rig as yours specs-wise. DX11 has crashed a few times on me, but it hasn't in days. I wouldn't be that worried about it, but your mileage will vary of course.

TheSeks

Is there anyway to fully ghost the
Jail assault
? I'm thinking no, but I got Panther and the Youtube playthrough of that one dude went ghost with no Panther popping up but he knocked out a bunch of dudes. :/ Not sure if I should go that route since it takes out the bonus for not touching anyone but...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Dumb question. But this game is only 720p resolution. Does this game auto set itself to 720p, or does it upscale to 1080p?

I'm playing the Wii U version, and am gaming on a 60 inch 1080p HDTV. When I use my remote to see the resolution, it's showing 1080p (even though I know the game doesn't output at that). Is there a setting in the Wii U to auto set resolution to what the game's max resolution is? Or should I just not worry about it. Does 720p on a 1080p TV look better than 720 upscaled to 1080?

You can set the output for the Wii U either on 720p or 1080p.

I think that the Wii U upscales quite nice. The image almost always look nice on my 1080p projector for the games that have a native resolution at 720p

Bought the game today and the multiplayer is sick and it's seems to be as good as any of the old ones that I played on the ps2. I should have pre-ordered this.

Grisby

Finally finished Brigg's last co-op mission. I just set the difficulty to Rookie and took a high powered shotgun. No stealth in this house.

We almost died at the last part, which would have meant getting the glitch, but we persevered. Ending was a little neat for Conviction fans.

DukeBobby

Started playing this today, and I've done 3 main missions so far.

Aside from some minor issues (cover system is a little finicky, and Sam's movement speed is a little too fast), I'm enjoying it.

I miss Ironside, though. The new guy is simply terrible.

I found it works much better if you position the Gamepad flat and look down at it. Once you understand the level of movement required, it becomes easy to do.

Gaz_RB

Started playing this today, and I've done 3 main missions so far.

Aside from some minor issues (cover system is a little finicky, and Sam's movement speed is a little too fast), I'm enjoying it.

I miss Ironside, though. The new guy is simply terrible.

He grows on you, surprisingly.

Finally finished Brigg's last co-op mission. I just set the difficulty to Rookie and took a high powered shotgun. No stealth in this house.

We almost died at the last part, which would have meant getting the glitch, but we persevered. Ending was a little neat for Conviction fans.

Glad you can beat it, I hate that glitch.

And yeah I hope they expand on that ending with some DLC!

Top Bottom