• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction |OT| The Rebourne Panther

well, as expected, my usb card from the CE is DEAD.

has there been any word from ubisoft as to how they will get the content that was suppose to be on the drive to those that bought the damn thing?

has anyone had an opportunity to try out the co-op ?

What's the multiplayer like?

WickedLaharl said:

has there been any word from ubisoft as to how they will get the content that was suppose to be on the drive to those that bought the damn thing?

pretty sure the only consolation people who bought the CE got was that you got $10 off the original price.

Jesse Jane said:

pretty sure the only consolation people who bought the CE got was that you got $10 off the original price.

Nope, Ubi said they were gonna distribute it from the website or something like that.

JambiBum

WickedLaharl said:

They said they are going to put them up on their website for people to download.

Jesse Jane said:

I played co op first thing last night since it's the prologue. Had a blast. Playing again right now. It's really well done.

that's cool. is there an ETA on when they will put the content up?

oh and i love the intro to the artbook "the sam fisher you knew is dead" lol

DrBo42

Jesse Jane said:

Co-op is fantastic with someone that knows what they're doing. Face-off is a very different beast.

kaskade

FedEx guy just delivered my copy. Booooo work. It's kind of weird actually having the game. It's been so long since it was announced.

DrBo42

kaskade said:
FedEx guy just delivered my copy. Booooo work. It's kind of weird actually having the game. It's been so long since it was announced.

Who did you order from that actually uses FedEx as a carrier? I fucking hate UPS.

Chrange said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/52kio0.jpg[/IG]

Hardcore interrogation tactic :lol[/QUOTE]

For anyone that was waiting for confirmation that you [B]can in fact[/b] kick Quincy Jones in the nuts in Splinter Cell Conviction.

heh i got amazon to refund me $10 which means i only paid $49.99 (preordered when they had it for $69.99 back in december and used $10 in promo credit) for the CE.

i fucking love you amazon!

DrBo42 said:
I had it shipped via amazon with release date shipping as well. Got stuck with awful UPS. Damn it.

what's wrong with ups?

DrBo42

WickedLaharl said:
what's wrong with ups?

For some reason they don't deliver to me until around 8pm. And sometimes they deliver to the wrong fucking house. Never had a bad experience with FedEx on the other hand, and they deliver early.

sethcheek

Anyone else having a progress halting crash? I woke up this morning after a several-hour session in single player, booted the game up for more, and it downloaded a title update. Now, I'm in the
carnival at the foot of the Washington Monument
and have had it lock up so tight I have to use the power button to shut down four times, three trying to go the same way, and a fourth time trying to find an alternate route.

I don't know if the title update has anything to do with it, but I may flush my HD cache and try to get through the level without the patch installed, offline.

ah yeah the late delivery times kinda suck. where i live now they generally show up at 9:00am but at where i lived before the ups guy didn't show up until around 7pm.

Teknoman

DrBo42 said:
For some reason they don't deliver to me until around 8pm. And sometimes they deliver to the wrong fucking house. Never had a bad experience with FedEx on the other hand, and they deliver early.

Yeah UPS is horrible when delivering game related products for some reason. I've even had coffee makers and gifts for friends arrive no problem...but a game? Either goes to the wrong address, or they dont leave an info notice and claim I wasnt at home.

EDIT: I think im going to start watching Gamespot reviews more often, and as usual, Gamersyde videos are high quality :D

DrBo42

Let me do a spoiler check on that GT review before you guys get balls deep in it.

Edit: Yeah I'm gonna say you should go ahead and skip that review. Has a few environment spoilers.

Pooya

Giantbomb 4/5 stars review by Jeff Gertsmann
Jeff Gertsmann said:
Splinter Cell: Conviction is the most accessible Splinter Cell game yet. It gives you the firepower to shoot your way out of your mistakes, but also makes the stealth side of things fun, rewarding, and significantly easier than just attempting to run around and shoot. Its only serious issue is that it doesn't feel especially substantial or replayable. The multiplayer is a nice touch, but most players will probably see all of the content once and find little reason to return.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Gamestop handed me a, uh, preorder card for alpha protocol. Encouraging me to preorder AP. Is this related to some universal promotion or are they linking SC and AP?

DrBo42

Overall a very positive 8.9 from GT. Worth mentioning that they clocked in from 8-10 hours on the campaign. It's a good review, but too many environment spoilers IMO.

Riptwo

Does this game just assume that
you killed Lambert
in Double Agent? If not, does it explain how it happened otherwise (cover-up or something)? Can't wait to get home and play this.

Kingpen

I'm sorry if this has been asked already or not.

Can someone just do a bullet list of what content is available in the 1p mode? I don't plan to play multiplayer at all.

Thanks

Chrange

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Overall a very positive 8.9 from GT. Worth mentioning that they clocked in from 8-10 hours on the campaign. It's a good review, but too many environment spoilers IMO.
IGN's five hour campaign (on Realistic no less) is just another joke on their pile. :lol

Pooya

Riptwo said:
Does this game just assume that
you killed Lambert
in Double Agent? If not, does it explain how it happened otherwise (cover-up or something)? Can't wait to get home and play this.
yes, He's dead

skyfinch

kaskade said:
Since the story is suppose to be short wouldn't surprise me if they spoil half of the game. :lol

Nah. Mostly about game mechanics. Although Grim got bitch slapped by Sam. Not sure if that's spoiler or not. :lol

8.9, btw.

DrBo42

Kingpen said:

Can someone just do a bullet list of what content is available in the 1p mode? I don't plan to play multiplayer at all.

Thanks

- Campaign

Deniable Ops:

- Hunter (Eliminate set number of enemies on a map. Being detected causes reinforcements to be called)
- Last Stand (Protect an EMP from waves of enemies)
- Infiltration (Throwback to old school SC. Lasers, cameras, and detection = auto mission fail. Oh my.)

Was able to sink a few minutes into the game before heading out this morning, but the game crashed and corrupted my save file after I finished using my first weapons cache. Anyone else had this happen to them? Looks like I'll be starting a new game this evening.

Kingpen said:

Thanks

Single Player Campaign
Deniable Ops Mode (single player versions of Hunter, Infiltration, and Last Stand - which each use the same 6 maps).

Most of the people I have asked either aren't getting this game or might be renting it (go figure). Anyone need a co-op buddy? :lol

goldsoundz said:
Was able to sink a few minutes into the game before heading out this morning, but the game crashed and corrupted my save file after I finished using my first weapons cache. Anyone else had this happen to them? Looks like I'll be starting a new game this evening.

Yes, minus the save data corruption, at that exact moment. Christ. I'd like to have a game for a little bit more than 20 minutes before it crashes on me...

ZeoVGM

Banned
Not sure if this has been mentioned as I'm at work and can't really go through the thread but I wanted to mention that the CE dropped in price on the day of release. At least here at Best Buy, the CE is the same price as the regular one, $59.99. :lol

MrLobo

Gooster said:
Yes, minus the save data corruption, at that exact moment. Christ. I'd like to have a game for a little bit more than 20 minutes before it crashes on me...

Was anyone playing offline (network disconnected, not connected on Xbox Live) when this happened ?

sethcheek

In the Splinter Cell support forums on Ubi.com, they're saying a fix for a freeze in Kobin's mansion after the first weapon cache, and HOPEFULLY also the
carnival
level where I'm stuck, is to clear your HD's cache, if you've downloaded today's patch, then play it without the patch, offline.

Temp Fix, for some reason this didnt work without the game installed on my hard drive. You may not need to install it, however. But with the game installed, uninstalling the update seemed to fix the freezing. Obviously you just have to deal with being offline.

Settings > Memory > Y > X X LB RB X X

Top Bottom