• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction |OT| The Rebourne Panther

Co-op is a blast. Seriously, some of the best co-op this gen. The characters look so badass even in the ridiculous gardener, or janitor looking outfits. Double Mark & Executes, clearing rooms, helping your partner with distractions, etc. So much fun.

I really hope they release like 8-10 more maps for Deniable Ops. Hunter/Infiltration is so good. Scratches the Terrorist Hunt itch like only LVU Campus in Rainbow Six Vegas 1 did.

Pooya

Net_Wrecker said:
Co-op is a blast. Seriously, some of the best co-op this gen. The characters look so badass even in the ridiculous gardener, or janitor looking outfits. Double Mark & Executes, clearing rooms, helping your partner with distractions, etc. So much fun.

I really hope they release like 8-10 more maps for Deniable Ops. Hunter/Infiltration is so good. Scratches the Terrorist Hunt itch like only LVU Campus in Rainbow Six Vegas 1 did.
yeah, co-op is really fantastic. I want more maps.

painey

So I just beat the single player on realistic difficulty, and didn't get the achievement. great. I'm not playing through levels again so I just have to hope they patch it.. doubt it though.

Another one from PA:

838826428_HA7go-L.jpg

painey said:
So I just beat the single player on realistic difficulty, and didn't get the achievement. great. I'm not playing through levels again so I just have to hope they patch it.. doubt it though.

Yeah, I mentioned this happened to me on the last page too. I go to the level select and it has every mission with the 3 dots beside it, but no achievement. I'm thinking of replaying the last level to see if it unlocks.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Brilliant, although it wasn't quite that complicated, they do have a valid point

Chrange

Banned
Najaf said:
When playing through co-op with a stranger, the first few times I got to the dual breach doors I just broke out the crow bar. We would then bust through the door and be looking at 6+ guys staring at us. I would then think to myself, 'I guess we were supposed to use the ol' under the door mark move there, huh?'

So I started becoming more aware, and you would think I was lying, but every single time we came up to one of those doors in the future that I actually thought to look under, there was nobody. Because my patient co-op partner had no mic, and was always hovering right over me as I checked the next room out, I became a little conscious of this. So, the next one we come to I break out the crowbar without looking, and sure enough; 6+ guys looking us in the face.

Not once, through the entire co-op campaign did we do the whole take down a whole room after dual breaching with mark and execute sexiness. Every time I checked, there was just a hallway. Every time I didn't for the most part, it was a room full of guys. We would go sloppy style on them with our alternate automatic weapons and make a real mess of things. The odds played out pretty strange there for sure.

I just use the sonar goggles outside the door, then if it picks up anyone I look under and mark.

EekTheKat

Gowans007 said:
The office lasers part is driving me crazy

I think the first time I posted about this I hid it by too many spoilers.

Try
taking a guy hostage as a body shield and dragging him along with you through the laser beams.

Worked wonders for the second set at least, where they pretty much set up this exact scenario.

Done a few missions on co-op and single player. I'm kinda enjoying it but not really getting the urge to go back and finish. I'll do my best to get to it later though..

Yeah, nobody I've played with seems to use the sonar goggles and they seem baffled when I mark four or five dudes a mile away and annhilate them with the Five-Seven.

scitek

I'm saddened to say, but I just do not like the single-player campaign. I'm heading to the
White House
and it's really felt like work to this point. I'll finish it, but I don't see myself ever playing it again. The gameplay is what's annoyed me, but the story has been enough to keep me going.

I have yet to try co-op, but I'm really hoping that will save this game for me. :(

Gowans

Completed the singleplayer, really enjoyed it.

I prefer the co-op & online a little more but the singleplayer though short didn't dissapoint at all, really reminded me of 24 all thr way through.

frontieruk

Chrange said:
I just use the sonar goggles outside the door, then if it picks up anyone I look under and mark.

Not played any of the co-op story but in sp you could mark people from the sonar view, that not the case in co-op?

A friend and I played through the first level of co-op yesterday

Near the end, when we were escaping from cops, he took one path and I chose to go through an office on the right side. We saw four cops in the room and, as I was shooting out the lights, he took the two out in his path easily.

I shot out the lights on my side to get the guys on my end, but this got their attention. I hid on the side of the door, knowing that if I knocked out one guard, the other would see and I'd be fucked, so I hoped I could get them both down quickly enough that it wouldn't matter.

The first guard walks through the door with the other guard right behind him. I quickly knock out the first guard, knowing the guard behind him will start shooting, but the second I start the hand to hand, my friend gets spotted by a fifth cop we didn't see. He knocks that cop out, but the one I was worrying about focused attention at the exact right second on my friend, allowing me to come behind him and knock him out.

I really, really enjoy co-op now.

Chrange

Banned
frontieruk said:
Not played any of the co-op story but in sp you could mark people from the sonar view, that not the case in co-op?

I find it hard to determine who I should kill versus not kill via M&E using the sonar. Placement in the room relative to obstacles, etc...

cluto

Chrange said:
I find it hard to determine who I should kill versus not kill via M&E using the sonar. Placement in the room relative to obstacles, etc...
Plus marking dudes under the door goes towards that challenge that takes forever.

TripOpt55

I am replaying on Realistic and I think I'm enjoying it more this time. I think it's the combination of knowing a bit of what's coming and having a better handle on the gadgets plus the more challenging part, but I'm pulling off some really cool stuff and it feels pretty cool when you do it. Also, trying to chip away at some of those PEC challenges, but some of them will take a while.

Hopefully, I actually get the achievement when I finish it on Realistic since it seems a few people aren't getting it in this thread.

Ten-Song

Grrrr... I know I'll get it eventually, but every time I mess up going for the "Perfect Hunter" achievement, I just get super pissed. I was at the last part of the first map, and I had FOUR damn people left, and I miss a head shot on a guard due to my own impatience. Poopturd the guard comes running and then the reinforcements come in. FUCK!

frontieruk

TripOpt55 said:
I am replaying on Realistic and I think I'm enjoying it more this time. I think it's the combination of knowing a bit of what's coming and having a better handle on the gadgets plus the more challenging part, but I'm pulling off some really cool stuff and it feels pretty cool when you do it. Also, trying to chip away at some of those PEC challenges, but some of them will take a while.

Hopefully, I actually get the achievement when I finish it on Realistic since it seems a few people aren't getting it in this thread.

was awarded here...

Ten-Song said:
Grrrr... I know I'll get it eventually, but every time I mess up going for the "Perfect Hunter" achievement, I just get super pissed. I was at the last part of the first map, and I had FOUR damn people left, and I miss a head shot on a guard due to my own impatience. Poopturd the guard comes running and then the reinforcements come in. FUCK!

ouch painful

Holy fucking shit!! So that co-op stuff's a bit good eh??

Even better would be to play with a a friendly Gaffer. I've only played the first mission of the co-op story campaign and can't wait to play the second.

frontieruk

VibratingDonkey said:
That
Iraq flashback
mission sure wasn't very great at all. I've heard it's the only mission like that though. (?)

yes only mission like that... the controls were floaty

frontieruk

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Holy fucking shit!! So that co-op stuff's a bit good eh??

Even better would be to play with a a friendly Gaffer. I've only played the first mission of the co-op story campaign and can't wait to play the second.

the guys who've listed as wanting other gaffers playing are listed in this thread

NekoFever

EekTheKat said:
I think the first time I posted about this I hid it by too many spoilers.

Try
taking a guy hostage as a body shield and dragging him along with you through the laser beams.

Worked wonders for the second set at least, where they pretty much set up this exact scenario.
That works? Ha, nice. That was the quickest way through the beams in the bank in Chaos Theory as well.

I didn't think they were difficult in this game. The only part involving lasers that gave me grief was my moronic co-op partner who kept
going through the mines with laser wires in the embassy level.

UrbanRats

Played this for some time now.. i hope they do a spin off only based on the coop, because it's awesome.

Didn't care too much for the single instead.

Oh nooooooooo I tried to do a perfect stealth Hunter run for the PEC challenge, got all the way to the fourth area. There were double doors with an enemy on the other side, I opened one of the doors then mashed B to melee him, but instead BASHED THE OTHER DOOR and was detected.

:(

Alcander

I just played the mission where you
chase down the dude on foot
and for some reason I thought that was really badass.... just the whole mission was cool. Really felt like an episode of 24 or something, so fun!

Najaf

frontieruk said:

You can, but you get the PEC challenges for marking under a door then executing this way.

Q1ller

Banned
How does the save system work in co-op? I was playing the first level with a friend the other night when he had to go right before the end. Will it pick up where we left off? Does it pick up where I left off in co-op if I play with someone starting for the first time?

Colocho

Banned
I'm loving this game. There's something about climbing through a window, grabbing a guy then executing 4 other guys while using the guy as a shield that is just indescribable.

Choice Bro

A STUNT to promote the release of an XBox game ended with people diving for cover, fearing for their lives.

Police were called to Viaduct basin in Auckland after reports of terrified pubgoers cowering under tables after a man threatened them with what turned out to be an imitation pistol.

That's fucking hilarious :lol :lol :lol

Loving this game though.

Dabanton

Colocho said:
I'm loving this game. There's something about climbing through a window, grabbing a guy then executing 4 other guys while using the guy as a shield that is just indescribable.

Yeah it's really nailing what made AA so fun for me. Fisher is so goddamm lethal just dealt with a room full of guards, they never saw me coming. :lol

Colocho said:

I agree. this game also REALLY makes me hope that Arkham Asylum 2 is co-op. Batman + Robin, or Batman + Nightwing or something with those mechanics would be just as fun as Conviction co-op.

Wow, this
Iraq
mission is just embarassing.
Anyway, the game is good so far, I enjoy it, it feels more like a spin-off than a old fashioned Splinter Cell game, but honestly, after 4 "classic" entries in the series, it's not that bad to have some change. Graphics are pretty good so far, nothing impressive, sometimes a little dated, but still decent by 2010 standards I guess, thanks to the very good lightning engine.
For now, story is nothing amazing, but it's decently written. I wish the 24 vibe I'm having was stronger.
What I would have liked is more interaction with the levels. The gameplay offers enough possibilities but it does not use the environnement enough. Would have been nice to be able to hide in closets, etc.

DrBo42

LordPhoque said:
Wow, this
Iraq
mission is just embarassing.
Anyway, the game is good so far, I enjoy it, it feels more like a spin-off than a old fashioned Splinter Cell game, but honestly, after 4 "classic" entries in the series, it's not that bad to have some change. Graphics are pretty good so far, nothing impressive, sometimes a little dated, but still decent by 2010 standards I guess, thanks to the very good lightning engine.
For now, story is nothing amazing, but it's decently written. I wish the 24 vibe I'm having was stronger.
What I would have liked is more interaction with the levels. The gameplay offers enough possibilities but it does not use the environnement enough. Would have been nice to be able to hide in closets, etc.

I completely agree with you that they could do more with the environment interactivity, but THIS is the first thing that came to mind? :lol WTF?

DrBo42 said:
I completely agree with you that they could do more with the environment interactivity, but THIS is the first thing that came to mind? :lol WTF?

During the
Price Airfield
mission I was very frustrated being unable to hide in this closet I ran into after I was spotted by the guards. So yes :p

Top Bottom