• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Oh yeah also I think I posted this in another thread but this quote below is IMO the best line in the entire game.

"If you say killing for the sake of living is evil, then what would you call giving up on life? If a world would consider that justice, then I will fight that world with every last fiber of my being! Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! It is the arrogance of humanity!"

- Gundham Tanaka

And his execution scene...the feels in those hamsters. :(

...actually wait a minute, what happened to them?

It's mentioned in an easily-missed line in Chapter 5 that Sonia is taking care of them, but the hamsters themselves are more than likely just ghost data created from Gundam's pre-Hope's Peak memories. They're probably long dead in the real world :(

JNA

Banned
Since NIS is sorting having a little merchandise for Danganronpa, they should have Danganronpa character figures! :D

...which then I would buy them all...except Soda and Hagakure because screw them. XD

FluxWaveZ

It's mentioned in an easily-missed line in Chapter 5 that Sonia is taking care of them, but the hamsters themselves are more than likely just ghost data created from Gundam's pre-Hope's Peak memories. They're probably long dead in the real world :(

Really? I thought the only time the hamsters were referred to past Gundham's death was when the VR was getting messed up to hell, when Sonia says she went on a walk with the hamsters—accompanied with Gundham—when everyone who died is hanging out at the restaurant and decide to go to the ruins.

kewlmyc

I thought that was during the distortion since characters who were already dead were appearing.

Since NIS is sorting having a little merchandise for Danganronpa, they should have Danganronpa character figures! :D

...which then I would buy them all...except Soda and Hagakure because screw them. XD
Figures already exist, you just have to import them.

PK Gaming

Just beat Island Mode for the first time. Gundam X Hajime OTP.

14998994278_fb8e4ccab6_b.jpg

Wow, the OTP is real.

Stay losing Nagito.

I thought that was during the distortion since characters who were already dead were appearing.

I think that's when it was, so maybe they just disappeared altogether after Gundam's death. Still banking on the assumption that they're just remnants of his memories, though.

Oh they definitely exist.

First set is out next month and second set is in Jan.

Best protagonist also gets a 1/8 scaled figure too~

You can order them from sites such as Amiami.

Got them all preordered~

Gazoinks

Oh they definitely exist.

First set is out next month and second set is in Jan.

Best protagonist also gets a 1/8 scaled figure too~

You can order them from sites such as Amiami.

Got them all preordered~

Hnng. Could you link on AmiAmi? Nothing came up when I searched Danganronpa aside from the games.

TunaUppercut

Neo Member
The inherent flaw with that is that Usami's inability to write is only made clear after his death. Given the childish appearance of the book's writings and her previous ability to wield items... There is little reason to doubt it is her diary until that fact becomes apparent. Honestly, as much as Nagito seemed to like to act as though he knew who the traitor was, he seemed more like he had no idea and was betting on his luck.

The characters in the story at that point believe Usami is a robot or a remote controlled one. Why would a robot need a diary? Why would Usami need to write down information instead of using other widely available technologies. How could a robot write in a diary without fingers? Holding an item and writing is quite different for robots to do.

Well, I think the problem with your plan is that there was no way for Nagito to know the evidence that pointed to the traitor in Usami's book. He didn't know if there were any spectators who saw Hajime being stopped to go in the Final Dead Room... Though, did the passage explicitly say that the one who wrote it stopped Hajime?

Taken from the NIS translation "Day 16: We've been in the Funhouse for three days! Everyone's hungry and on edge!" "Hajime tried to go in the Final Dead Room today. He's probably panicking because no one believes him."

You are right Nagito doesn't know if there are any spectators. All it takes from Nagito is to ask Hajime why he didn't go to the final dead room. And if anyone saw him attempt to go into the room. If Hajime answers any of these questions Nagito basically finds out who the traitor is.

The series is pretty entertaining though. I enjoyed chapter 4 and 5. The cases for Chapters 2 and 3 I'm not so fond of.

Vylash

Mahiru's Free Time Events are... surprisingly cute. It's not quite as, uh, heavy as, say, Mikan's, but it was just light, breezy, and enjoyable. Endeared me a lot to her, which surprised me given how little impression she made on me in the main game.
Her reasons for taking photographs and stuff is really heartwarming stuff. I think she might have been the girl must obviously crushing on Hajime, too?

A lot of the girls are, honestly, Sonia asks you to marry her

God, I am so glad Sonia survived.

she's

so

great

Pre-ordered the minifigs of the entire DR2 cast. I set it so that they all ship in January though, cuz I should actually have some spare money by then.

I hope we get a full-sized Gundam or Akane figure someday!

kewlmyc

I preordered all of that expect for the Naegi Makoto da ones.

I not buying the mini figs, but I have all of the scales I posted either in my possession or ordered. Also the Komaeda CharaForm.

I clearly have too much money to spend...

Oh sweet 0_0

But what about the currency? Is it still possible for me to pay in US currency? I don't live in Japan. :(
It's in yen, but any decent bank will automatically convert it for you. That or just use paypal which converts it as well.

Pre-ordered the minifigs of the entire DR2 cast. I set it so that they all ship in January though, cuz I should actually have some spare money by then.

I hope we get a full-sized Gundam or Akane figure someday!

Gundam: Maybe, he's pretty popular in Japan
Akane: I doubt it, but who knows

JNA

Banned
This. She was on my waifu list before I began the game, and God, her FTEs were amazing. I love the fact she's so weird! In second place for my favorite DR franchise character ever.

In Chapter 5, I was so afraid when she said she will meet me and the group on the factory while she would stay in the military base. I was so afraid that that's where she would be finally killed off. I was like "NO SONIA PLEASE COME WITH US! DON'T STAY ALONE!" The despair would have been so great. :(

Thank goodness it didn't happen. :D

Moonlight

Banned
Her FTEs were strangely surreal.

I was walking on eggshells the whole game because it felt like it kept throwing me little hints that she was secretly a murderer, but nope! She's just weird! One of the best for sure.
I know what you mean, though. I swear the game was intentionally making her suspicious the whole game. The wetsuit and serial killer fascination in Chapter 2, being the last one to see Hiyoko in Chapter 3, her teamwork with Gundham in Chapter 4, and everything about all of her actions in Chapter 5. :lol

FluxWaveZ

Wait, Hajime's (Izuru) the one who killed those 12-13 Hope's Peak students, which was the genesis for everything that's happened, right?

Wait, Hajime's the one who killed those 12-13 Hope's Peak students, which was the genesis for everything that's happened, right?

It's not clarified how many he killed, but he did not kill all of them. Only thing we know for sure is he's one of two survivors in the first killing game set up by Junko.

JNA

Banned
I know what you mean, though. I swear the game was intentionally making her suspicious the whole game. The wetsuit and serial killer fascination in Chapter 2, being the last one to see Hiyoko in Chapter 3, her teamwork with Gundham in Chapter 4, and everything about all of her actions in Chapter 5. :lol

The developers practically teased her the whole game into either being the killer or a victim. It's almost a miracle that she ended up being a survivor. XD

and that "you're my destined one" line...oh Sonia. :D

Oh yeah and Moonlight, while your posting Sonia quotes, do you by any chance have any of her quotes during the time her and the others were starving in chapter 4? I remember she said something really funny to Hajime. Something about wanting to bite him or something. XD

FluxWaveZ

I see. Have to read the other DR material I haven't, but it's kinda messed up to think that Hajime's the cause of it all, even though he wasn't really "himself." He'll have a lot to think about on that island of his.

Well, DR 2 was the Red Herring king, from Sonia's actions to Nagito's name. Ultimate Red Herring?

I think the biggest were Nagito and Byakuya. Never really suspected Sonia of having underlying malice, though I did suspect her in chapter 5 because she was doing other stuff while everyone else was preoccupied with the bomb scare.

I liked them all for the most part because they all have some sort of "pay off"—even with Byakuya turning out to be the Ultimate Imposter—with the exception of Nagito's because the only thing that resulted in is that "it's not actually Makoto."

So remind me again how Peko was able to place a gummy bear inside the beach house without the littering alarms going off? You'd think that Monokuma or Usami would be more stingy considering they cited "no littering" as the reason why the killer couldn't simply dispose of the water bottles in the sea.

Moonlight

Banned
Oh yeah and Moonlight, while your posting Sonia quotes, do you by any chance have any of her quotes during the time her and the others were starving in chapter 4? I remember she said something really funny to Hajime. Something about wanting to bite him or something. XD
Yeah, she's spaced out and I think she's calling Chiaki a shortcake and stuff. :lol

Sadly, I don't think I have the screen-caps. I can probably plumb those out, though.

So remind me again how Peko was able to place a gummy bear inside the beach house without the littering alarms going off? You'd think that Monokuma or Usami would be more stingy considering they cited "no littering" as the reason why the killer couldn't simply dispose of the water bottles in the sea.
The 'no littering' rule is more or less in reference to 'nature'. You could throw a scrap piece of paper on the ground inside a building (like Nagito left the aluminum cap), but you couldn't toss the plastic bottles out to sea.

JNA

Banned
I see. Have to read the other DR material I haven't, but it's kinda messed up to think that Hajime's the cause of it all, even though he wasn't really "himself." He'll have a lot to think about on that island of his.

I think the biggest were Nagito and Byakuya. Never really suspected Sonia of having underlying malice, though I did suspect her in chapter 5 because she was doing other stuff while everyone else was preoccupied with the bomb scare.

I liked them all for the most part because they all have some sort of "pay off"—even with Byakuya turning out to be the Ultimate Imposter—with the exception of Nagito's because the only thing that resulted in is that "it's not actually Makoto."

I was also really surprised he didn't turn out to be an older Makoto gone crazy.

So basically, Makoto and Nagito have the same talent then? Or did that change when Makoto
turned into the Ultimate Hope

pariah164

I was so glad that Nagito was revealed NOT to be Makoto. My fellow DR friends were like "It's Makoto! His name is an anagram!" And I was the only one like 'nope'. So I'm so happy to be proven right.

Moonlight

Banned
I was also really surprised he didn't turn out to be an older Makoto gone crazy.

So basically, Makoto and Nagito have the same talent then? Or did that change when Makoto
I think the main distinction between Makoto and Nagito is that Nagito is the Ultimate Lucky Student and Makoto is the Ultimate Unlucky Student. :lol

JNA

Banned
I was so glad that Nagito was revealed NOT to be Makoto. My fellow DR friends were like "It's Makoto! His name is an anagram!" And I was the only one like 'nope'. So I'm so happy to be proven right.

I wonder if that was intentional by the developers to do that. They must have known how similar both in looks, name and talent Nagito was to Makoto.

FluxWaveZ

I'm content that he's not Makoto and that he's his own person, but I also think that he's the only red herring that felt cheap because of that. I might have preferred it if there were no Makoto allusions to Nagito's character at all.

PK Gaming

I just finished both games pretty much back to back. I think the series has some interesting concepts and characters. I enjoyed playing through the series.

I would argue the most developed character in Dangan Ronpa 2 would probably go to Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu. Many of the cast members are not fleshed out and they don't have much character development / character arc. Probably due to them being killed off so quicky.

I also thought many of the cases in Dangan Ronpa 2 were somewhat questionable. For example Nagito's plan in chapter 5. He could have easily succeeded without coming up with that convoluted idea.

Instead of giving long speeches and ranting about his plans during chapter 4 and the beginning of 5. All Nagito has to do is this.

1.) steal Usami's book. Read said book.
2.) ask Hajime why he didn't go to the octagon room in case 4 and who stopped him.
3.) write chiaki to meet him on a different island. confirm her leaving.
4.) call a meeting with everyone else inside the hotel. confirm everyone else is there.
5.) set off the bomb and then throw the poison.

But then we wouldn't have much of a game would we?
I thought many of the cases were kinda ridiculous but they were fun to work through.

He didn't know that the diary discerned the traitor's identity. It was brought up in the trial that there was no way he could have worked out based on his own information. He could have asked Hajime sure, but I counter with the notion that Hajime would have flatly refused to answer him. Hajime was extremely distrustful of Nagito, so I definitely don't think would give him any sort of information (Which he's done in the past). Nagito's rather abrasive attitude towards him certainly doesn't lend to that scenario being an actual possibility either. Also, I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt that Chiaki would meet with Nagito by herself (especially without consulting the others). She's been consistently characterized as a sharp person, so it would be out of character to move on her own like that.

In the end, your version of the plan has to many uncontrolled variables. It relies on both Hajime and Chiaki cooperating with Nagito, and it's plain just unnecessary. Why? Because he had absolute faith in his talent. His plan completely hinges on his talent. Like, Chapter 5 was all about trust and the lack of it. Nagito had nobody he could trust, but he placed absolute faith talent. And you know what? His plan worked.It absolutely worked. They only prevailed because Hajime had absolute distrust towards Nagito, in addition to Chiaki stepping in and calming the group down when they were panicking.

But let's assume for the sake of argument that he simply overlooked asking Hajime about what happened.

(Free Time Event spoilers)

Nagito has frontotemporal dementia. Komaeda might be smart, but he's definitely not completely right in the right of mind, so it's absolutely possible to assume that he isn't infallible and that he could have overlooked asking Hajime.

JNA

Banned
I think the main distinction between Makoto and Nagito is that Nagito is the Ultimate Lucky Student and Makoto is the Ultimate Unlucky Student. :lol

OMG I wished I kept that picture of Makoto's report card change from lucky to "unlucky" student. XD

I'm content that he's not Makoto and that he's his own person, but I also think that he's the only red herring that felt cheap because of that. I might have preferred it if there were no Makoto allusions to Nagito's character at all.

Oh wait that! XD

I'm thinking they're all gonna have a lot to think about. Seems pretty clear they did far worse stuff than what was shown in the game.

kewlmyc

It's not clarified how many he killed, but he did not kill all of them. Only thing we know for sure is he's one of two survivors in the first killing game set up by Junko.

Wait, what? Izuru killed the student council members which the school decided to cover up, then when Junko revealed this to the school that the student council was murdered by a fellow student, she persuaded the Reserve students to kill themselves. That's what pretty much started the whole thing. The first killing game was DR1.

Also Ultimate Inventor hasn't been used yet, but I can see that being overpowered. Inventor =! Mechanic

JNA

Banned
man i can't wait to see the set of ultimates in the next game

Ultimate Pro Wrestler

...that's all i got

Ultimate Comedian
Ultimate Thinker
Ultimate Runner
Ultimate Tattoo Artist
Ultimate Male Model
Ultimate Lawyer (the pheonix wright references would be glorious)
Ultimate Peace Maker

I have plenty of ideas. :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ultimate Supermodel
Ultimate Dominatrix
Ultimate Goth
Ultimate Deity

Labrys

I have her. The biggest problem that people seem have had are some quality control issues with the paint. It's a good paintjob, but it's not perfect. So, that's why the figure is discounted. It released at double the price.

At that price? It's a steal. It's a large figure. About 1/6 scale size. You can read more impressions here:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/142995

And a review:
http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/12539

For anyone that has the LE, did their sunglasses have a small splotch of red on the front? I'm trying to figure out if it was manufacturing mistake or not.

My sunglasses had a blood splatter-esque splotch of red on the left lense.

also: the junko figure is only 4k now??? holy moly that's tempting as hell

Top Bottom