• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Tuulenpoika

Neo Member
People have been falling through the floor in the Grape and Strawberry house, worse case I saw was when you fall into the dead escape room and cannot map jump out. I also think someone got a text box glitch there too, where it never came up and they had to reset. The whole area is really unstable in this version.

My entire screen went white (I was on Grape Tower first floor) and I can't see where I'm going. I only see those pixel monokumas (from the tv screens in the momokuma museum on the 3rd floor) flickering at the far end and could not really approach them.

Had to restart chapter 4 because of it.

Holy shiet, that sounds awful. Never happened to me, even though I tried to tinker with pretty much everything at any given time.

Speaking of bugs, did any of you notice anything in the Island Mode? When I was playing through it, on some of the later days Usami and some other assets in the active gathering screen (the one with all the chibis animated) were just a bunch of white blocks. There didn't seem to be any kind of certain trigger that made it happen, as far as I could tell.

After reading about the issues with Chapter 4, I really think they should at least try to come up with a patch. And fix the numerous other things while they're at it. Can anyone confirm if there were silimar problems with the Japanese Vita version?

Acid08

Banned
Dang I feel lucky I didn't run into any problems during Chapter 4.

I did notice the 60fps thing and thought it was really weird. Was super jarring when it happened.

Labrys

After reading about the issues with Chapter 4, I really think they should at least try to come up with a patch. And fix the numerous other things while they're at it. Can anyone confirm if there were silimar problems with the Japanese Vita version?

I got to chapter 5 on my copy of 1.2 reload without any issues. I also noticed a drop in audio quality in the executions between the two, it may have been a codec problem or something of the sort but I'd like to see the audio restored if a patch is put out.

galvenize

So is it safe to assume Hajime and the others kept their school trip memories at the end? No way Hajime would remain Hajime after having his brain messed with.

Also someone explain fat Byakuya to me, I must have missed something.

I expected someone to call Hajime the Ultimate Future or something but that didn't happen. Would be cool though.

Also damn you Chiaki I promised I'd take you to see places all around the world ;-; (or what's left of it)

MSMrRound

Also someone explain fat Byakuya to me, I must have missed something.

It's stated that he's the Ultimate Imposter. So ultimately, he's a fake.

However, it's popularly theorized that he's one also originally part of the Togami clan as well.

E.g, when you approach fake byakuya's cottage near the end of Chapter 5, you can see that he's asking about the fate of the togami clan.

galvenize

It's stated that he's the Ultimate Imposter. So ultimately, he's a fake.

However, it's popularly theorized that he's one also originally part of the Togami clan as well.

E.g, when you approach fake byakuya's cottage near the end of Chapter 5, you can see that he's asking about the fate of the togami clan.

I completely forgot about it somehow, thanks for the reminder.

Mdesilva

I got to chapter 5 on my copy of 1.2 reload without any issues. I also noticed a drop in audio quality in the executions between the two, it may have been a codec problem or something of the sort but I'd like to see the audio restored if a patch is put out.
I definitely noticed this. Cutscenes in 2 sounded worse.

People have been falling through the floor in the Grape and Strawberry house, worse case I saw was when you fall into the dead escape room and cannot map jump out. I also think someone got a text box glitch there too, where it never came up and they had to reset. The whole area is really unstable in this version.

This happened to me, it was so frustrating cuz I hadn't saved since the very end of the previous trial. I had to redo everything up to that point, and just avoid that area so it wouldn't happen again. Also, after that I would save very often, like every 10mins or so lol

sub_o

tumblr_myhgwqqVkQ1s1xivto4_1280.jpg

Found this draft design of Toko, while I was searching for beta design of the characters.

Sakura

Byakuya

Hifumi.

And the rest over here: http://aceishereandbackagain.tumblr...r-those-of-you-who-havent-yet-seen-them-these

I hate to say this, but I really prefer the original art design. There's something unhinged about the original one.

PK Gaming

Hope you're all thirty-one flavours of stoked for today's PokeRonpa subject!

YieUZT5.png

Noibat: Noibat, like Ibuki, is cute and loud. They've also both got a ton of potential hidden beneath all of their silliness that only comes into play via cooperation with others, as revealed in Ibuki's FTEs. Noibat's got the speaker motif befitting of a rock goddess, too!

Jigglypuff: Aside from the obvious music connection (albeit Jiggly and Ibuki's songs have the exact opposite effect on people), anyone who's seen the anime knows that Jigglypuff likes getting into all sorts of mischief that's totally unrelated to the conflict at hand, reflecting Ibuki's propensity to spout random nonsense at inappropriate times that serves to do nothing but bamboozle the rest of the students.

Meloetta: What better way to represent the Ultimate Musician with the Ultimate Musical Pokemon? Meloetta can control people's emotions with her song, which is similar to how Ibuki can cause endless despair with a single performance.

Rotom: A literal ball of energy that loves getting into trouble almost as much as it likes having fun? Yup, that's our Ultimate Musician.

Chatot: This little birdie has perhaps the best sense of hearing out of any 'mon there is, and can also perfectly imitate any sound that it has ever heard. This ties into Ibuki's amazing sense of hearing as revealed in Chapter 1, as well as her ability to completely and accurately recite the dialogue of an entire room full of people over the course of a few minutes.

Mega Altaria: Fluffy McCloud is famous for its ability to literally brighten up people's days by instilling them with a radiant light of pure happiness and joy while at the same time being one of the few capable of learning the deadly Perish Song. If that's not a match made in heaven, I dunno what is.

HUGE thanks to PK Gaming and Moonlight for helping me pick today's team. From now on, if any of you want to help in the construction of your favourite character's Pokeronpa entry, just shoot me a PM and I'll gladly accept any suggestions.

So, who's next? Whoever posts some nice fanart of today's subject gets to decide!

Great job on the entry writeups, these are great!

ibmQw36noDNXr3.gif

iKwq6bxNVTWIy.gif

iTcdcJPaxROy1.gif

ibl2ZZVrNqOl0e.gif

ixxzU1y8oGjMj.gif

iQx6xPeWVBj2q.gif

i0nK1ikPd30h3.gif

i...i was bored

And great job too! I friggin love the objections (and the ensuing rebuttal showdown), one of my favorite new features added to the game.

I can't help but wonder if Nidai getting turned into a robot is supposed to show what may have happened to him in the real world, kind of like how Fuyuhiko's eye patch (likely) is a reference to him removing his own eye and replacing it with Junko's.

I really want AE to show ALL the Ultimate Despairs, but that seems kind of unlikely. ;_;

Also not entirely related but has anyone ever played one of the Twilight Syndrome games before?

bobawesome

I can't help but wonder if Nidai getting turned into a robot is supposed to show what may have happened to him in the real world, kind of like how Fuyuhiko's eye patch (likely) is a reference to him removing his own eye and replacing it with Junko's.

I really want AE to show ALL the Ultimate Despairs, but that seems kind of unlikely. ;_;

I never put that together with Fuyuhiko. Man...this game.

Mdesilva

That thing with the guy shooting civilians looked like Kazuichi. I dunno about the others- they seemed vaguer, except for the eye one.

bobawesome

Man...I really need to replay the last chapter soon. I was riding the adrenaline from chapter 5 at that point, forcing myself to stay awake.

MSMrRound

Starving-Akane
Killing people-Souda
Eyeball-Fuyuhiko
Want to have children-Mikan
Surrendered parents-no idea.

That's the common guess.

LX_Theo

Banned
Starving-Akane
Killing people-Souda
Eyeball-Fuyuhiko

That's the common guess.

Hmm... I don't really think that the 16 in DR2 were all of the Ultimate Despair. I get a feeling that there are a considerable amount more. Stuff like Fuyuhiko taking the eye seems... Like a stretch. Especially considering its based on the idea that he loss use of his eye in the simulation world (which should have nothing to do with any of it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Starving-Akane
Killing people-Souda
Eyeball-Fuyuhiko

That's the common guess.
Well, by process of elimination, it'd have to be Sonia.

Also, I JUST realized that it says "Argue" behind the character before a Rebuttal Showdown happens. I couldn't read it most of the time because it'd always block everything after "Ar".

Where did I read that Gundham Tanaka kill and ate his own mother?
That'd most likely be Teruteru considering he's the Ultimate Cook & that whole story about his mother (there's that part during Gundham's free time about his mom's cooking being bad, but not enough of a connection compared to Teruteru), but damn, where'd ya read that?

20cent

Banned
Found this draft design of Toko, while I was searching for beta design of the characters

And the rest over here: http://aceishereandbackagain.tumblr...r-those-of-you-who-havent-yet-seen-them-these

I hate to say this, but I really prefer the original art design. There's something unhinged about the original one.
Too bad they went for a more generic bleach/teenagers anime style, these originals sketches would have fitted the mood and the theme of the game so well. Looks like they did the right choice when I see all this Pokemon crossovers I don't understand.

BTW Hope's Peak Academy must be friggin desperate in their search for talent if they let in an ''Ultimate Little Sister''.

Like, where do they draw the line?

MSMrRound

Monokuma was in total control of the execution, though, and I'm sure he's a fan of that sort of irony.

Yep. Guy had a buzzcut hairstyle, Peko was manipulated via a typical Japanese voodoo doll (e.g all her actions can be controlled) into slashing Fuyuhiko and causing him to lose the right eye (same area that was shown bandaged in the despair pic), which was why Fuyuhiko was often mentioned/theorized as the guy who took Junko's eyeball for himself.

LX_Theo

Banned
Monokuma was in total control of the execution, though, and I'm sure he's a fan of that sort of irony.
I feel that's stretching on two counts.

Peko cut him. Based on the limitations of the teacher role he usurped, I don't think he'd have enough control to make that happen.

Two, even if he could, it's still making too many assumptions to be sound reasoning.

MSMrRound

Peko cut him.

Yea, but at the very same spot where the despair guy got rid of his eyeball and took Junko's instead?

It can be a coincidence, but it can also be irony.

No other person in the cast fits the criteria if we are comparing the Junko despair/parts pic to the entire Danganronpa 2 cast.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yea, but at the very same spot where the despair guy got rid of his eyeball and took Junko's instead?

It can be a coincidence, but it can also be irony.

No other person in the cast fits the criteria if we are comparing the Junko despair/parts pic to the entire Danganronpa 2 cast.

My problem is that the theory behind this speculation doesn't fit within the limitations the teacher role has. Monokuma was controlling Peko? There were no signs that that the teacher role ever could do something like that. It was all manipulating the world itself or giving motives. (EDIT) Sure, he could have put the bot there on purpose... But he couldn't have made it so that the strike hit in the right place.. Too many variables. Not to mention, Monokuma looks surprised when he sees Fuyuhiko get hit (scene in execution where the eyes are closing after he gets cut).

I just don't buy it. The idea that it has to be part of the cast is another assumption that i don't feel is necessary. Speculation is speculation, but stuff like this in particular just seems weak to me.

My problem is that the theory behind this speculation doesn't fit within the limitations the teacher role has. Monokuma was controlling Peko? There were no signs that that the teacher role ever could do something like that. It was all manipulating the world itself or giving motives.

I just don't buy it. The idea that it has to be part of the cast is another assumption that i don't feel is necessary. Speculation is speculation, but stuff like this in particular just seems weak to me.

Monokuma was explicitly shown to be controlling Peko during the execution. I mean, it's all just a theory of course, but I consider it to be one of them with firmer foundation.

LX_Theo

Banned
Monokuma was explicitly shown to be controlling Peko during the execution. I mean, it's all just a theory of course, but I consider it to be one of them with firmer foundation.

Yeah... No. That's one of the assumptions that I'm not going to accept. Mocking her is much more likely, considering how the role of the teacher worked.

EDIT: Going to clarify my opinion here... Any relation between the execution and reality would be, should Fuyuhiko actually be the one who did that with the eye... Be in the same vein as Nagito and Makoto's similarities. As in, possibly mirroring one another without actually having any direct connection. Right now, I feel as though people are seeing 2 and 2 and trying to make 5. There very may well be a 1 no one knows about in that equation, but for now we don't know as much.

MSMrRound

My own thoughts...going into it blind, when the execution played out, I thought "oh for goodness sake, Fuyuhiko is getting punished too? The despair is real".

It was only after the execution that Fuyuhiko was shown to be alive, and Monomi pulled out the "you can only execute the murderer that was found guilty" card.

Peko's strike to Fuyuhiko was intentional (to me)...and Monokuma could have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling kids rabbit.

That was once of the first few instances that Monomi pulled out the rulebook and got Monokuma to save Fuyuhiko instead, since Monokuma was not allowed to kill him, but the damage was already done. Was Monomi too late with her rulebook thing?

Was Monokuma aiming for Peko to slice that spot on purpose? Was he aiming to execute both of them? So many questions. He wasn't supposed to hurt Nekomaru since he's the teacher, but the bazooka blast still caught him, which was why Monomi evoked the rule book again, for Dr. Killgood to make yet another appearance.

Goes to show that stuff can happen.

Just speculation, of course.

Wichu

For anyone not keeping up with the non-spoiler thread, I finished drawing my three favourite characters:

1csJ6dg.png

Why'd they have to be the last three to die? I thought that at least one of them would survive :(

Tuulenpoika

Neo Member
Why'd they have to be the last three to die? I thought that at least one of them would survive :(

I even started to believe that Gundham would make it, but then he had to be a magnificent motherfucker and do the dirty deed to save others and die. He truly was one who would have deserved to live through it all.

EDIT: Oh and of course how could I not mention Chiaki? Best girl.

Gundam and Chiaki's deaths saddened me to no end, but my reaction to Nagito's death was "And nothing of value was lost that day."

I warmed up to him more after doing his FTEs in Island Mode.

Top Bottom