• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Honeslty I though the Ultimate Despairs just tried to have sex with Junko's body because they're crazy and couldn't accept she's dead, but seeing how apparently the one in the pic is Mikan, that's wrong.

My guess was Gundham trying some Ultimate Breeding.

Nyoro SF

Well I'm glad it didn't happen. My waifu is clean fool!

XD

This reminds me of one of the best set of lines in the game....

Sonia: But I did disgraceful things in front of those cameras!

Byakua: Yes. Yes you did.

Sonia: I.. I will never be queen!

I remember legit cracking up when I saw this scene. This and the "Jesus! Shit! You son of a bitch!" were moments of hers that made me laugh aha.

JNA

Banned

I loved that line too. XD

also makes me think what those "disgraceful things" did she do exactly? :p

Coaching of course.

Well duh but I mean...how exactly?

"OK KIDS! GET IN THERE AND SHOW THAT CORPSE WHAT SUPER MEGA ULTRA MONKEY STYLE IS ALL ABOUT!"

Rubedo

Well, we don't know if that's actually Mikan. The position and expression look more like a male performing sex, than a female performing surgery on herself.

Yeah that's also a part of the reason it seemed more like necrophilia to me than a female transplanting sex organs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

That deliver from Byakuya made that line. I also got a good laugh out of the "virgin blood" exchange between Sonia & Gundham.

JNA

Banned
BUT FIRST, I GOTTA TAKE A SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

He makes them do that on the corpse too!? Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidding aside, I realize these guys are ultimate despairs but...how do you worship something so much to a point where you want to hit on a destroyed corpse?

I mean, if the corpse was still perfected with everything intact like (MAYBE spoiler from Zero Escape 999)
that Egypt chick body
then SURE I can understand (well not really, I'm not into the whole necrophilla deal but you get my drift). But...Junko's body was...crushed from top to bottom...

I mean...HOW DO YOU HIT THAT!? HOW!?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Kidding aside, I realize these guys are ultimate despairs but...how do you worship something so much to a point where you want to hit on a destroyed corpse?

I mean, if the corpse was still perfected with everything intact like (MAYBE spoiler from Zero Escape 999)
that Egypt chick body
then SURE I can understand (well not really, I'm not into the whole necrophilla deal but you get my drift). But...Junko's body was...crushed from top to bottom...

Also, how they were able to mutilate and sew Junko's bodyparts onto themselves?. She was smushed good.

Zephyx

that Egypt chick body

My only response would be... Cuz it's a game!

Seriously, I have no clue. :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe Another Episode will explain it?

Though yes, that's a legit question. Junko's body should be pretty destroyed.

It could have been Muroko's but her's was burned up and also spear'd.

Then again, these kids might have not been thinking clearly so maybe they just found a corpse they thought was Junko?

JUSTICE FOR ALL!

FA8wLzb.png

Aegislash: Aight, this one's real simple: Aegislash is a sword, reflecting Peko's status as the Ultimate Swordswoman, and is a Pokemon commonly associated with complete and utter tools.

Virizion: The Legendary Trio that Virizion belongs to is formally known as The Swords of Justice, which in itself makes this description pretty self-explanatory. I chose Virizion over the other two due to its more feminine appearance and its Grass typing, which means it could very well use bamboo blades in some of its attacks.

Yamask: Aside from being sad, lonely and unable to feel joy like Peko, Yamask also reflects her brilliantly quick-witted plan of masquerading as Sparkling Justice by wearing a mask and talking like a nut.

Bisharp: I was really struggling over whether to use Bisharp or its equally-pointy pre-evolution Pawniard, as the former gives off the same sort of cool and reserved air as Peko but the latter better represented her position as a "pawn" or a tool. I ultimately decided to go with Bisharp because its Japanese name actually includes a few of the same characters as Kira Kira-chan (the Japanese name of the serial killer Peko pretended to be), which is too funny a coincidence to pass up.

Samurott: Believe it or not, the pointy beige objects protruding from Samurott's leg armor are actually full-length swords, which makes the connection pretty obvious by itself. However, I also chose it to represent Peko because of its association with water as well as its fiercely loyal nature (the anime states that it has a tendency to charge into battle without its trainer's permission, similar to how Peko murdered Mahiru without waiting for the order from Fuyuhiko).

Megallade: I'll be entirely honest with you here folks, I only chose Mega Gallade because of its sword arms and ridiculously cool design. But I mean c'mon, look at it! Tell me that Peko wouldn't want to train one of these bad boys the moment she laid eyes upon it. It can also learn Leaf Blade, which involves slashing with a wooden or leaven blade, for what it's worth.

That's all for today, folks! Once again, tomorrow's subject will be determined by the first person to post some sick-nasty subject of Ms. Pekoyama!

Yasumi

Banned

that Egypt chick body

Maybe the press squashed her so flat, the body parts just flew right out of there, like the remote did.

Zephyx

Do we even have an idea what will be Another Episode's main plot? At best, I can imagine it being a setup for the third game.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
It could have been Muroko's but her's was burned up and also spear'd.

Then again, these kids might have not been thinking clearly so maybe they just found a corpse they thought was Junko?

Honestly that sounds likely, they were already insane enough to try and fuck a dead body so hard it could produce babies.

Maybe the press squashed her so flat, the body parts just flew right out of there, like the remote did.

no way a vagina is something that can fly out.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Do we even have an idea what will be Another Episode's main plot? At best, I can imagine it being a setup for the third game.

It takes place between 1 and 2.

From what I can gather, you play as Makoto's sister after The Tragedy and you are fighting Monokomas and a group of kids who are killing adults.

PK Gaming

JUSTICE FOR ALL!

FA8wLzb.png

Virizion: The Legendary Trio that Virizion belongs to is formally known as The Swords of Justice, which in itself makes this description pretty self-explanatory. I chose Virizion over the other two due to its more feminine appearance and its Grass typing, which means it could very well use bamboo blades in some of its attacks.

Yamask: Aside from being sad, lonely and unable to feel joy like Peko, Yamask also reflects her brilliantly quick-witted plan of masquerading as Sparkling Justice by wearing a mask and talking like a nut.

Bisharp: I was really struggling over whether to use Bisharp or its equally-pointy pre-evolution Pawniard, as the former gives off the same sort of cool and reserved air as Peko but the latter better represented her position as a "pawn" or a tool. I ultimately decided to go with Bisharp because its Japanese name actually includes a few of the same characters as Kira Kira-chan (the Japanese name of the serial killer Peko pretended to be), which is too funny a coincidence to pass up.

Samurott: Believe it or not, the pointy beige objects protruding from Samurott's leg armor are actually full-length swords, which makes the connection pretty obvious by itself. However, I also chose it to represent Peko because of its association with water as well as its fiercely loyal nature (the anime states that it has a tendency to charge into battle without its trainer's permission, similar to how Peko murdered Mahiru without waiting for the order from Fuyuhiko).

Megallade: I'll be entirely honest with you here folks, I only chose Mega Gallade because of its sword arms and ridiculously cool design. But I mean c'mon, look at it! Tell me that Peko wouldn't want to train one of these bad boys the moment she laid eyes upon it. It can also learn Leaf Blade, which involves slashing with a wooden or leaven blade, for what it's worth.

That's all for today, folks! Once again, tomorrow's subject will be determined by the first person to post some sick-nasty subject of Ms. Pekoyama!

Those are some awesome Pokemon choices. It's pretty easy to just go sword --> Peko, but I really dug the extra reasoning. Didn't see this coming at all which was nice! And really, Mega Gallade was the only viable choice. 2 cool sword oriented characters? Cmon, it's the perfect match! Aegislash is an extra good fit because it has a shield form, and Peko was basically Fuyuhiko's shield.

Aegislash: Aight, this one's real simple: Aegislash is a sword, reflecting Peko's status as the Ultimate Swordswoman, and is a Pokemon commonly associated with complete and utter tools.

duck_hunt_dog_non_transparent_big.gif

Moonlight

Banned
so like I'm standing on a huge pile of cool peko art so if y'all don't post some instead of me, in the next twelve or fifteen hours I'm just gonna unleash it and take control of the next PokeRonpa character choice

Really solid choices as usual, Scrafty! I'd also say that Aegislash works even more, since Peko is not only Fuyuhiko's sword, but his shield from harm. That said, I might have gone for at least one fluffy Pokemon (like Whimiscott?) to represent Peko's weakness for cute fluffiness.

Corgi

Banned
still a bit iffy on why the original cast are so into saving these despair fellas. What would they gain, vs the huge risk of junko invasion?

Also some clarifications:

The 'visions' of long hair hajime and nagito are when they were being transported in a prison boat to be jacked in the matrix... which is on the actual islands? But i thought thats where future HQ is, so why were they having a hard time locating where makoto was, or is there reason why they didn't storm the matrix labs? But the game 1 folks left by boat at the end... so maybe not?

if hajime was a prisoner, how did he even load a usb stick or what not with junko virus into the system?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
still a bit iffy on why the original cast are so into saving these despair fellas. What would they gain, vs the huge risk of junko invasion?

Because they believe that anyone can be saved from despair and turned into hope. Plus, having 15 more Ultimates in your organization can't be bad for them.

FluxWaveZ

Because they believe that anyone can be saved from despair and turned into hope. Plus, having 15 more Ultimates in your organization can't be bad for them.

Doesn't seem like the Future Foundation would accept them whatsoever. It's just Makoto's rebellious group who are doing their thing, but the FF would probably want them killed asap, even if they were said to be rehabilitated.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't seem like the Future Foundation would accept them whatsoever. It's just Makoto's rebellious group who are doing their thing, but the FF would probably want them killed asap, even if they were said to be rehabilitated.

Eh, if Makoto and co. can prove they're rehabilitated they could probably be accepted, we don't know if FF actually knew about the Neo World Program, I think.

FluxWaveZ

Eh, if Makoto and co. can prove they're rehabilitated they could probably be accepted, we don't know if FF actually knew about the Neo World Program, I think.

Maybe not, but from the email messages and from how Makoto's group were talking about the FF at the very end, I don't know if the FF would play around like that. How I envision them is as a group that has absolute hatred for the Ultimate Despair, and has declared all out war against them, and anyone who used to be part of them. We don't know that, though, so it could go either way.

Zephyx

Also some clarifications:

The 'visions' of long hair hajime and nagito are when they were being transported in a prison boat to be jacked in the matrix... which is on the actual islands? But i thought thats where future HQ is, so why were they having a hard time locating where makoto was, or is there reason why they didn't storm the matrix labs? But the game 1 folks left by boat at the end... so maybe not?

if hajime was a prisoner, how did he even load a usb stick or what not with junko virus into the system?

I'll try to answer them using my own deductions:

(1) Maybe they don't believe in a future where you have to kill others to make a world a better place. These students were manipulated and exploited by Junko to do her bidding; they were not innately evil. though they were horrible as Ultimate Despairs. Like you, I am still questioning why would they outright violate the Future Foundation for the sake of these students. Maybe that will be explored in Another Episode or a sequel.

(2) I don't think FF's HQ was in Jabberwock Island. They only used the island as a research facility for the NWP.

(3) I'll attribute that to his Ultimate Talents. Of course, we don't know how he did it but he's super talented so I don't think it's impossible for him.

That aside, I wonder who's leading the Future Foundation.. He/she has a lot of resources at his disposal seeing he has the research of the Ultimate Neurologist and the AI of the Ultimate Programmer. He/she even bought Jabberwock Island and created a research facility there. FF also helped Makoto and his friends restore their missing memories after their escape. I feel they are a bit unexplored at this point for a big organization having a huge effect on the events of the game.

I don't know if FF or even the world would look at Makoto too kindly for sympathizing with the remnants of despair. In the context of the setting, it's like he rescued Josef Mengele after World War II along with other infamous Nazis/war criminals. A LOT of people will still want the students dead including most of FF.

JNA

Banned
That aside, I wonder who's leading the Future Foundation.. He/she has a lot of resources at his disposal seeing he has the research of the Ultimate Neurologist and the AI of the Ultimate Programmer. He/she even bought Jabberwock Island and created a research facility there. FF also helped Makoto and his friends to restore their missing memories after their escape. I feel they are a bit unexplored at this point for a big organization having a huge effect on the events of the game.

Good question. That will most likely be answered in DR3, or MAYBE in DR: AE.

Togami, even with most (if not all) of his family dead, he is still a powerful man. He might have some connections that could have lead to the creation of the Future Foundation.

Too bad for Makoto he has to share a scene with Kyoko. That business skirt like woah son

Too bad for him? More like lucky him! Dat business skirt fits her so much yo.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So, after just plowing though Danganronpa 1 and 2 in the last 2 weeks, I have a question. Can we expect a Danganronpa 3 soon or is will I have to go though DR withdrawal for years?

Zephyx

Good question. That will most likely be answered in DR3, or MAYBE in DR: AE.

Togami, even with most (if not all) of his family dead, he is still a powerful man. He might have some connections that could have lead to the creation of the Future Foundation.

FF was already around when the events of DR1 finished. They took the survivors of DR1 and restored their memories. That aside, we don't even know what kind of power Togami has after the events of the first game. :D

JNA

Banned
So, after just plowing though Danganronpa 1 and 2 in the last 2 weeks, I have a question. Can we expect a Danganronpa 3 soon or is will I have to go though DR withdrawal for years?

tumblr_static_monokuma_evil_laugh.gif

im actually optimistic and say that we will get DR3 late next year or early the year after.

That aside, I wonder who's leading the Future Foundation.. He/she has a lot of resources at his disposal seeing he has the research of the Ultimate Neurologist and the AI of the Ultimate Programmer. He/she even bought Jabberwock Island and created a research facility there. FF also helped Makoto and his friends to restore their missing memories after their escape. I feel they are a bit unexplored at this point for a big organization having a huge effect on the events of the game.

It would be hilarious if it was some form of Junko running FF.

Please be excited for TGS

It's been a year since they teased DR3 in DR Another Episode's announcement trailer and Spike-Chunsoft need more money... To fucking fund Zero Escape. If they announce DR3 at TGS expect an SDR2 anime adaptation as well.

Zephyx

It would be hilarious if it was some form of Junko running FF.

LOL. What if the next game is a killing life between the members of the FF?? I assume its members have some Ultimate talents of some sort. And what if the mastermind is its leader? He/she needs to create that future with hope to crush it with ultimate despair. Upupupu~

I'm already suffering from one. :|

Anyway, I think it will be in the near future. Given that they teased it last TGS, they must be already planning it. I expect another teaser at the ending of DR:AE. The reveal may come later weeks after its release.

Corgi

Banned
makoto needs to watch Winter Soldier.

btw: something that bothered me for ch3, but with ibuki being affected by that virus in which she would follow orders (I think?) why couldn't mikan just have told her to hang herself? Would have pretty much have been pretty much the 'perfect' crime.

Meia

makoto needs to watch Winter Soldier.

btw: something that bothered me for ch3, but with ibuki being affected by that virus in which she would follow orders (I think?) why couldn't mikan just have told her to hang herself? Would have pretty much have been pretty much the 'perfect' crime.

This is something that always really bothered me about case 3, and for the longest time is exactly what I figured she had done. It's possible though that even under that there's some preservation instinct that makes the person unable to follow through with it though.

It is funny though to think that if that annoying Hiyoko didn't wander in at that exact time, it may have completely looked like a suicide. No blood smear on the floor/stairs, no mess with doing the pillar and thus ripping the wallpaper, just a "locked" room with a suicide. Though I guess it still would have been ruined by seeing she was strangled, not hung.

Top Bottom