• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

OceanBlue

This question has probably already been answered, but...

Why is Nagito still alive in Chapter 0? Wasn't he supposed to die in at most a year after being accepted into Hope's Academy?

FluxWaveZ

Why is Nagito still alive in Chapter 0? Wasn't he supposed to die in at most a year after being accepted into Hope's Academy?

Wait, what? The only time he "died" was in the VR.

Edit: Ah, seems like it's a reference to his FTE. I still need to do those.

LX_Theo

Banned
A huge amount. They're very obvious, too, especially in retrospect.

Monobeasts, Mechamaru, the crazy islands and their layout, non-changing weather, Despair Disease...

Not to mention, the entire UI.

You mean that terminal disease his FTEs talk about (the ones he may or may not have been lying about to manipulate Hajime)?

Acid08

Banned
I have a soft spot for Makoto haha, he's not this amazing character or anything but he's the one whose eyes you see the first game through. So no matter what I remember him fondly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chicken to Cow magic is the kind of stuff that should tip you off I guess.

Which reminds me, the ranch was a totally useless location.
Yeah, aside from maybe going to talk to someone during free time, you almost never went there. I mean, I understand they can get eggs, milk, etc. but otherwise, it served no purpose to the story. Hell, that one place full of vendors on Island 5 served more purpose.

carlsojo

Wow I've been trying to figure it out for a couple of days and I just realized the Shutdown code 11037 is the number Sayaka left Makoto in the first case of DR1 so he'd know it was Leon.

PK Gaming

I think it's possible that his Malignant Lymphoma's were at least treated at Hopes Peak Academy. Frontotemporal Dementia has a variable life expectancy, usually ranging from 2-20 years.

FluxWaveZ

Wow I've been trying to figure it out for a couple of days and I just realized the Shutdown code 11037 is the number Sayaka left Makoto in the first case of DR1 so he'd know it was Leon.

Weird. You and another user here missed that Makoto says as much in the game, although I suppose not explicitly.

JNA

Banned

I mentioned that too pages back and so did everybody else...

I also thought it was an amazing discovery until people said "Makoto already mentioned that in the game" XD.

Moonlight

Banned
Makoto might have been a little milquetoast, but everything about DR1's climax more than makes up for it, IMO. Capping despair with hope and then suddenly ULTIMATE HOPE was the hypest thing ever.

The worst part is that you were looking up fanart at all! You're lucky you didn't run into any worse spoilers, lol
I stumbled across it when browsing an art blog, actually! Although, I guess I'm
ultimately
lucky that I didn't find anything worse either way, heh.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to think his Ulimate Good Luck/Bad Luck would keep him alive in the shittiest conditions.

carlsojo

I also thought it was an amazing discovery until people said "Makoto already mentioned that in the game" XD.

Ha sorry, I don't know if I had finished the game yet when you posted it. I definitely don't remember Makoto saying that though.

LX_Theo

Banned

Well, he says something along the lines of it being something left behind by a friend to help him when he was in trouble (or something else a bit vague like that), so its not too hard to overlook his statement.

I'm surprised more people didn't recognize it immediately after they say the number.

Moonlight

Banned
Ha sorry, I don't know if I had finished the game yet when you posted it. I definitely don't remember Makoto saying that though.
When Alter temporarily sends you to the SEELE conference room data pocket or whatever, Makoto tells you those numbers were something 'a friend' gave to him to help him in a bad spot. Not quite explicit, but he mentions it. Retroactively really turned my opinion around on the LEON clue from the first case.

Acid08

Banned
Well, he says something along the lines of it being something left behind by a friend to help him when he was in trouble (or something else a bit vague like that), so its not too hard to overlook his statement.

I'm surprised more people didn't recognize it immediately after they say the number.
I knew it was from the first game but couldn't remember exactly what it was. Felt like a dummy when I finally figured it out haha.

OceanBlue

I think it's possible that his Malignant Lymphoma's were at least treated at Hopes Peak Academy. Frontotemporal Dementia has a variable life expectancy, usually ranging from 2-20 years.
Mmm, I feel like something like him being treated should be informed to us, but I guess the game wasn't really about their time at Hope's Peak Academy. It's not like we're ever in a position to get straightforward facts about Nagito in the first place. :V

I knew it was from the first game but couldn't remember exactly what it was. Felt like a dummy when I finally figured it out haha.
I completely forgot what 11037 meant until I started browsing this thread. .__.

Rubedo

Either he lived through sheer luck or he was lying about that. He does imply everything he told you was just him making up stuff.

Nyoro SF

I thought Hiro was a funny character. And the only reason I forgot what the number was because I hadn't touched DR1 in a long time.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Hiro was a funny character. And the only reason I forgot what the number was because I hadn't touched DR1 in a long time.

I though Hiro was fucking useless, probably my least liked character in both games.

JNA

Banned
It makes me smile whenever I see it. It's just so absurd.

I would have loved to wear that shirt during high school. Just to see the hilarious reactions from others.

Likely detention/a few day suspension. Still worth it.

Wasn't that the point though? His written role is to be an absurdly out there loser.

Even losers have SOME quality about their character that make them good or...not boring. Something! Anything!

The only thing that I ever liked about Hiro was his story about an alien invading his cheese burger scene or something like that. XD

oldmario

beat the game today, spent the whole time thinking Nagito was going to go insane and reveal he really was Makoto since their full names can have the letters re-arranged to make each others name apart from a d which i imagined was to throw the player off from catching on

carlsojo

I though Hiro was fucking useless, probably my least liked character in both games.

To me I thought his role was similar to Hina's... in a horror movie they would be the absolute first people to be killed off without question. So I guess it was the game's way of subverting expectations... same with how you would expect Byakuya and Toko/Jill to do the murdering.

They were truly forgettable characters.

However I'd argue that it was unforgettable stupidity not realizing it was LEON upside down and that's why it's memorable

To me, the funny thing about 11037 in this game was seeing people joke about how that should totally be the code and then end up being correct lol

Nyoro SF

Even losers have SOME quality about their character that make them good or...not boring. Something! Anything!

The only thing that I ever liked about Hiro was his story about an alien invading his cheese burger scene or something like that. XD

Yeah he always said funny stuff like that. Maybe my sense of humor is a bit more lenient. Akane in comparison, I guess they wanted to make her more of a relief brawler character, but it didn't turn out that way.

They were truly forgettable characters.

Well since they were the first important characters, it's kind of hard to forget them. I called the Sayaka heel turn like, instantly. "Can you stick up for me no matter what?" = red alert central

FluxWaveZ

Yeah he always said funny stuff like that. Maybe my sense of humor is a bit more lenient. Akane in comparison, I guess they wanted to make her more of a relief brawler character, but it didn't turn out that way.

I did like how sometimes Akane was the only one willing to resort to violence, though. It was pretty cool when she jumped Nagito to force him to tell them where the bombs were.

Similarly, I found it a bit weird how Soda and some other person were sheepish when it came to telling the others that they tied Nagito up after chapter 1. If I were one of them, that would have been the first thing I would have told everyone else to do, asap.

Rubedo

Akane is not just relief. Her backstory in the FTEs is definitely one of the darker ones.

PK Gaming

Akane was probably the funniest character in the game for me.

I just loved how unapologetically dense she was about everything. And those perverted comments of hers all landed for me. I'd say she hit the same itch that Toko did from the first game. (Of course her FTE gives a depressing context to those comments but...)

Acid08

Banned
So the trophy for getting all the items from the vending machine popped but I'm still missing some from the main list(32, 72, and 80). Are these given in the story somewhere?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ibuki and Hiro make more sense to me. Easily the most forgettable characters in both games.
Forgive me.

n3qSQF4.png

Similarly, I found it a bit weird how Soda and some other person were sheepish when it came to telling the others that they tied Nagito up after chapter 1. If I were one of them, that would have been the first thing I would have told everyone else to do, asap.

Probably didn't want to stir up anything right after a murder and class trial. Everyone's already on edge, if they fessed up they did something to Nagito, that would probably make everyone all paranoid even if it was Nagito.

Find out your Super High School Level (aka Ultimate) title today!

I'm the Super High School Level Heir. Same title as Byakuya, smashing...

Dakkumauji is Super High School Level Police Officer!

dXAXT6E.png

HA HA! HAHAHAHAHA!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Most forgettable characters for me were DR1's Leon and DR2's Mahiru. Hiro just flat out sucks as a survivor.

Preaching to the choir.

I only remember Leon because he was a baseball player. He did use his skills to try to cover up his murder, though he juuuuuuuust missed getting away with it.

LX_Theo

Banned
Most forgettable? Probably fanfic/gopher guy or Leon.

DR2's cast had a lot less people who felt forgettable. If anyone? I guess Mahiru. Despite her being one if my more liked characters, she was the normal girl to the extent she generally was overshadowed a lot. Her fate only took away her chance to make a larger impression outside if FTEs.

Rubedo

Most forgettable? Probably fanfic/gopher guy or Leon.

DR2's cast had a lot less people who felt forgettable. If anyone? I guess Mahiru. Despite her being one if my more liked characters, she was the normal girl to the extent she generally was overshadowed a lot. Her fate only took away her chance to make a larger impression outside if FTEs.

I don't think Hifumi was forgettable. My least favorite character from DR1, sure. But not forgettable. I can't think of any DR1 cast member that I would label as someone I would forget about that easily. However, Mahiru in DR2 definitely fits that category. She just seems so...ordinary.

LX_Theo

Banned
I don't think Hifumi was forgettable. My least favorite character from DR1, sure. But not forgettable. I can't think of any DR1 cast member that I would label as someone I would forget about that easily. However, Mahiru in DR2 definitely fits that category. She just seems so...ordinary.
I say Hifumi primarily because someone had brought him up in a conversation and I realized I had forgotten he even existed.

Top Bottom