• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Watching the Danganronpa anime has made me realize how weird the artstyle is.

Trigger

Just finished the game... Chiaki ;___;

1410798728375.jpg

PK Gaming

So, what's the explanation for Nagito having Junko's arm? Didn't she get smushed in the first game?

tetris.gif

1. Either you subscribe to the notion that they retconned her death (Crrrunch, instead of SPLAT) or believe that some of her bother parts remained after getting crushed.

2. Your avatar is legendary.

1. Either you subscribe to the notion that they retconned her death (Crrrunch, instead of SPLAT) or believe that some of her bother parts remained after getting crushed.

2. Your avatar is legendary.

1. Well, I was hoping to there was an actual reason other than just retconning, but I guess not.

2. Thanks, seeing it fills me with Hope.

So, what's the explanation for Nagito having Junko's arm? Didn't she get smushed in the first game?

tetris.gif

First of all how dare you

...Anyways, honestly, given how she somehow survived all previous executions in a row I wouldn't be surprised if what actually happened was that the giant block was what actually broke instead with Junko's body making a hole through iteven though it did kill her somehow.

Reach for the stars, reach so hiiiiiiiiiiiigh~

hmbuCKQ.png

Vanilluxe: It's no surprise that the Ultimate Chef uses mostly food-related Pokemon on his team, so including this delicious critter was a given. The second face also kind of accidentally matches the face he's making in his sprite, which is humourous serendipity at its finest.

Farfetch'd: Farfetch'd is actually based on a Japanese saying involving a duck carrying around the leek that it would eventually be cooked with, making it incredibly convenient prey for any would-be hunters. I'm sure someone as both hedonistic and culinarily-inclined such as Teruteru would appreciate something like that an awful lot.

Armaldo: The one's a twofer. Not only does the PokeDex describe Armaldo's preferred form of hunting as "skewering its prey," its thick shell represents the mental wall Teruteru attempted to erect to hide from the horrible truths he was faced with, which would eventually form the beginning of his descent into desperate bloodlust.

Cubone: Everyone knows that Cubone wears the skull of its dead mother and is constantly crying due to the state of its lonely existence, which makes it the perfect Pokemon to reflect Teruteru's attachment to his mother as well as his burning desire to find out what happened to her, which formed the main motive for his attempted murder of Nagito.

Exeggutor: Aside from being food-related, Exeggutor's disguise as a palm tree also represents the false paradise that the students find themselves in, with its mocking heads standing in for the actions of a certain meddling bear that shatters the utopian illusion.

Mega Ampharos: The main connection between Teruteru and Mega Amphy, aside from the rockin' 'dos, is the theme of false grandeur. Country-born Teruteru wished to fool his students into thinking that he's sophisticated and classy instead of embracing his origins and being true to himself, just as Mega Ampharos, who visually changes the least out of any Mega, adopts a typing which it can barely benefit from and gains negligible stat boosts in order to try to measure up to its overpowered peers. Alas, both ultimately fail and are doomed to fade into obscurity in their respective universes. Reach for the staaaaaaaaaars... T^T

That's all for today, folks! As per usual, first person to post some art of today's subject gets to decide who gets the treatment next!

Zephyx

Reach for the stars, reach so hiiiiiiiiiiiigh~

hmbuCKQ.png

Vanilluxe: It's no surprise that the Ultimate Chef uses mostly food-related Pokemon on his team, so including this delicious critter was a given. The second face also kind of accidentally matches the face he's making in his sprite, which is humourous serendipity at its finest.

Farfetch'd: Farfetch'd is actually based on a Japanese saying involving a duck carrying around the leek that it would eventually be cooked with, making it incredibly convenient prey for any would-be hunters. I'm sure someone as both hedonistic and culinarily-inclined such as Teruteru would appreciate something like that an awful lot.

Armaldo: The one's a twofer. Not only does the PokeDex describe Armaldo's preferred form of hunting as "skewering its prey," its thick shell represents the mental wall Teruteru attempted to erect to hide from the horrible truths he was faced with, which would eventually form the beginning of his descent into desperate bloodlust.

Cubone: Everyone knows that Cubone wears the skull of its dead mother and is constantly crying due to the state of its lonely existence, which makes it the perfect Pokemon to reflect Teruteru's attachment to his mother as well as his burning desire to find out what happened to her, which formed the main motive for his attempted murder of Nagito.

Exeggutor: Aside from being food-related, Exeggutor's disguise as a palm tree also represents the false paradise that the students find themselves in, with its mocking heads standing in for the actions of a certain meddling bear that shatters the utopian illusion.

Mega Ampharos: The main connection between Teruteru and Mega Amphy, aside from the rockin' 'dos, is the theme of false grandeur. Country-born Teruteru wished to fool his students into thinking that he's sophisticated and classy instead of embracing his origins and being true to himself, just as Mega Ampharos, who visually changes the least out of any Mega, adopts a typing which it can barely benefit from and gains negligible stat boosts in order to try to measure up to its overpowered peers. Alas, both ultimately fail and are doomed to fade into obscurity in their respective universes. Reach for the staaaaaaaaaars... T^T

That's all for today, folks! As per usual, first person to post some art of today's subject gets to decide who gets the treatment next!

Nice. I thought we're going to have Kangaskhan on his pokemon list due to his attachment to his mother. And thumbs up for linking my favorite music in the game! :D

Levito

Banned
So over on PersonaGAF there's this podcast, and every so often we like doing off topic episodes. So if anyone in here is al all interested, here's a spoilercast we did for Danganronpa 2:

(Click image for episode link)

Rubedo

So over on PersonaGAF there's this podcast, and every so often we like doing off topic episodes. So if anyone in here is al all interested, here's a spoilercast we did for Danganronpa 2:

(Click image for episode link)

Ah yeah, I've been waiting for this! Thanks!

Top Bottom