• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Ondore

Full name: Dog Breeder. Is this the part where I summon the Four Dark Devas of Destruction?

---

I realized something after Chiaki died, given who was left... the people left basically formed The Breakfast Club. Souda is the brain, Akane's the jock, Hajime's the basket case, and I don't think I need to spell out where Sonia and Fuyuhiko end up. I don't know if that was intentional, but now I have this mental image of Akane taping Hiyoko's butt together and I can't stop laughing about it.

'Heaven Sniper

Neo Member
Hi! First post here. I was rewatching the Chapter 6 class trial and noticed a possible plot hole in Danganronpa 1. There's a Non-Stop Debate early in the trial concerning the avatars and their aging bodies IRL. If 2-3 years have passed, they should've felt their bodies age despite the memory loss. That's all well and good, but shouldn't the same have applied to the DR1 cast? Since that Killing Game happened outside of the Neo World Program, Makoto and friends should've aged within the 2 years they stayed at Hope's Peak Academy.

Any explanations? I find it strange that they explain this in DR2, when it's unaddressed in the first game.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Hi! First post here. I was rewatching the Chapter 6 class trial and noticed a possible plot hole in Danganronpa 1. There's a Non-Stop Debate early in the trial concerning the avatars and their aging bodies IRL. If 2-3 years have passed, they should've felt their bodies age despite the memory loss. That's all well and good, but shouldn't the same have applied to the DR1 cast? Since that Killing Game happened outside of the Neo World Program, Makoto and friends should've aged within the 2 years they stayed at Hope's Peak Academy.

Any explanations? I find it strange that they explain this in DR2, when it's unaddressed in the first game.

They do noticed their bodies were different, like Kirigiri asking Monokuma what he did to her.

pariah164

Find out your Super High School Level (aka Ultimate) title today!

I'm the Super High School Level Heir. Same title as Byakuya, smashing...
I got Super High School Level Gunner.

Theatrhythm_CC_Yuna.png

MONOKUMA! I AM COMING FOR YOU BITCH!

Rubedo

They only really noticed it because of Hiyoko who was drastically different. With DR1, it seems most didn't go through that big of a change judging by the school life photos. Although Kyoko and Sakura do pick up on it a bit.

petghost

Banned
in DR2 they mention that Peko and Fuyuhiko knowing each other before was a tip on the strangeness on the lack of change in their bodies.

in DR1 sayaka and makoto knew each other before (granted, not very well) and dont pick up on any changes to their appearances. i mean its not a plot hole but its kinda flimsy.

PK Gaming

in DR2 they mention that Peko and Fuyuhiko knowing each other before was a tip on the strangeness on the lack of change in their bodies.

in DR1 sayaka and makoto knew each other before (granted, not very well) and dont pick up on any changes to their appearances. i mean its not a plot hole but its kinda flimsy.

They knew each other in middle school. They both went to separate high schools.

Rubedo

I never got why it was odd that Peko and Fuyuhiko didn't notice changes. Their memories were erased back to the point before school right? And their avatars reflect their bodies at around that same time. So, in their minds, wouldn't it be normal to look that way since they couldn't remember any time passing?

'Heaven Sniper

Neo Member

I never got why it was odd that Peko and Fuyuhiko didn't notice changes. Their memories were erased back to the point before school right? And their avatars reflect their bodies at around that same time. So, in their minds, wouldn't it be normal to look that way since they couldn't remember any time passing?

It was the fact that Peko and Fuyuhiko didn't notice changes that proved Monokuma's argument. Their avatars were created from the time before they entered Hope's Peak. If DR2 happened in the real world, both of them would notice body changes.

Maybe DR1's cast didn't really age much. Makoto, Kyoko, and Byakuya still look exactly the same in DR2's epilogue.

Wouldn't it be they knew each other in Elementary school and went to different Jr. High Schools? Because Hope's Peak is the high school.

If it's about Sayaka and Makoto, they both went to the same middle school but never talked or interacted. They just knew of each other's existence.

I imagine for most of the DR1 cast, they seemed to frazzled with what was going on to notice their changes with their bodies. Most of them seem to be the type :p

Rubedo

If it's about Sayaka and Makoto, they both went to the same middle school but never talked or interacted. They just knew of each other's existence.

I imagine for most of the DR1 cast, they seemed to frazzled with what was going on to notice their changes with their bodies. Most of them seem to be the type :p

They also pretty much look exactly the same in the old photos. I don't think they changed much.

bobawesome

but....but.....

GUIIIIIIIITAAAAAAAAAAARR!!!!!!!

Mioda_%282%29.png

someone put this guy in the hope restoration program cuz he's clearly a terrible person

Because Akane's fights have always worked out for her. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No. I will never forgive you.

Tsumiki_%2821%29.png

Most forgettable characters for me were DR1's Leon and DR2's Mahiru. Hiro just flat out sucks as a survivor.
hey buddy, why don't we have a little chat in this dark alley over here

5%28167%29.png

Bring it on, chumps!

Owari_%2822%29.png

petghost

Banned
yo arcsys or frenchbread make that DR fighting game happen pls.

im not sure how the characters would play out as FG archetypes tho cuz unlike persona or something they dont really engage in combat. maybe move sets based on their ultimate ability or something?

The only thing I want from a DR2 fighter is a Nagito moveset that is based on him not really doing anything but instead having his luck screw the other guy over

Alfredo

im not sure how the characters would play out as FG archetypes tho cuz unlike persona or something they dont really engage in combat. maybe move sets based on their ultimate ability or something?

Make them all grapplers.

tumblr_n98xg189qD1r96fbco3_500.gif

tumblr_nbo4e1Nyj81r96fbco1_500.gif

tumblr_na30i7zVte1r96fbco6_r1_500.gif

Vylash

it could work, Toko could attack with books and her special would be switching to Genocide Jack which ups her stats and makes her a heavy melee type, Aoi could be a fragile melee type thanks to her speed as a swimmer, Sonia could just call servants to attack, and so on

Know it's late, but real name is Super High School Level Chef(suck it Teruteru!).

GAF name tho, Super High School Level Office Worker. I don't even know how that would work. :p

Super High School Level Office Worker is what i got too.

Beat the game last night. What a wild ride. Great game. I hope Another Episode gets localized.

Because I read Danganronpa Zero and IF before hand, I already knew about the Ultimate Hope, what happened at Hope's Peak Academy, and the Reserve Students. I also got the hint that Junko survived by turning herself into an Alter Ego AI.

The spoilers I found out about beforehand were that the student were the ultimate despair, and that the characters that survived the school killing life joined the future foundation.

Even knowing all that there were still so many twists and details I didn't know that I don't feel like the experience was ruined in any way.

antibolo

Banned
Just finished the game last night.

Oh man what a ride.

So here's something that has bugged me a lot: over the entire game I honestly thought that Nagito was actually a corrupted Makoto in disguise. I picked up a lot of details that I assumed were subtle Fight Club-style hints to that effect:
- Same voice actress
- His crazy obsession with hope (I assumed that maybe defeating Junko left some sort of trauma that turned him into an anti-Junko)
- Kinda same clothing style (open hoodie over shirt)
- His rebuttal sound clip was the same thing that Makoto (and Hajime) say when objecting in a nonstop debate ("sore ga chigau wo!" or something like that), but in a mocking voice
- That part in chapter 4 where he temporarily becomes the player character
- At one point in the story Monokuma claims he reminds him of someone...
- In his postmortem message he claims he always wanted to be a main character

But then chapter 6 happened and the real Makoto showed up. I was like WUT? I was wrong all along??... yep, I was wrong.

That was so weird. Did anyone else get the same impression of him?

Lusankya

Oh man what a ride.

So here's something that has bugged me a lot: over the entire game I honestly thought that Nagito was actually a corrupted Makoto in disguise. I picked up a lot of details that I assumed were subtle Fight Club-style hints to that effect:

Subtle? I would call it blatant to be honest. It was so obvious that I always assumed the writer just wants to play tricks on us.

antibolo

Banned
Subtle? I would call it blatant to be honest. It was so obvious that I always assumed the writer just wants to play tricks on us.

OK so it's not just me then? Good to know.

Yeah, did they purposely do that to mess up with our expectations and bring us despair?

You guys what if
Another Episode's bosses
are the 15 students in DR2

I would be a little dissapointed if some of that spoiler wasn't true

Beat the game last night, Really enjoyed it.

Like DR1, I was kind of let down by 1 of the survivors (Soda), I had Akane and Chiaki bets for Waifu plot armour, (similar to picking Sayaka and Aoi in game 1), so I'm 50/50 on girl survivor picks.

I am shocked Sonia survived, My original theory was that someone was a "Junko fanatic" and had set this whole thing up with his/her willpower & money. So Likely people were Sonia and Nagito, very surprised at how wrong I was when Junko actually showed up.

Theory for Another Episode
I think it is a given that one mission/boss will be to capture Hajime/Izuru. It makes too much sense as either a Prologue boss or Shit just got real end of second act boss
Also timeframe spoiler theory for Another episode
Is it supposed to be in between DR1 and DR2, concurrent to just DR 2, or kind of all throughout including after DR2 ends?

Oh man what a ride.

- Same voice actress
- His crazy obsession with hope (I assumed that maybe defeating Junko left some sort of trauma that turned him into an anti-Junko)
- His rebuttal sound clip was the same thing that Makoto (and Hajime) say when objecting in a nonstop debate ("sore ga chigau wo!" or something like that), but in a mocking voice

But then chapter 6 happened and the real Makoto showed up. I was like WUT? I was wrong all along??... yep, I was wrong.

I actually must be in the vast minority as I never thought Nagito was Makoto. As soon as Nagito showed his true self in Chapter 1 I laughed my ass off because I just thought they were subverting the "protagonist full of hope who influences everyone else" trope from the first game. Granted he gets much crazier but at first I just laughed because I thought he was just going to be an over the top version of Makoto

So, who else figured out the VR twist at the very start of the game?

I had that spoiled before going in, but yeah. The little graphical glitches at the beginning made it seem like something such as VR could be a possibility. Along with that door Hajime goes into in the beginning and that chicken turning into a cow.

I also guessed Chiaki being the traitor quite a while in advance. Got really suspicious during the funhouse scene that would ultimately lead to the actual reveal LOL

antibolo

Banned
I liked Chiaki too much to even entertain the idea that she could be the "traitor". I also assumed she would survive based on how she's basically the Kyouko of that game.

The funny thing is, I was actually spoiled by the Google autocomplete about Chiaki having an execution (typing a search for chiaki completed it with "execution", good job Google), but I assumed it was a Bad Ending sort of thing just like Kyouko. Which, ironically enough, only reinforced my belief that she would survive it all.

EDIT: Here's what happened:
2RiwCtR.png

NOBODY IS SAFE FROM DANGANRONPA SPOILERS ON THE INTERNET

DESPAIR

PK Gaming

Wouldn't it be they knew each other in Elementary school and went to different Jr. High Schools? Because Hope's Peak is the high school.

In order to attend Hope's Peak, you must already be in high school. It's one of the two admission requirements.
Also, each of the Ultimates wear uniform from their old highschool.

Th eonly thing I was spoiled on was that Soda lived. I was searching for what items correspond to what characters for the free time events and I got to his page on the wiki and saw "status: living" and was pretty bummed as I was not a huge fan of his character at that point (after chapter 1). I realized it probably wasn't a good idea to keep looking and saved all of my items for Island Mode after I beat the game. Soda's free time events ended up being pretty good but his character got pretty insufferable IMO around chapter 4-5

abrack08

Oh man what a ride.

- Same voice actress

Yup, not to mention Nagito Komaeda is Makoto Naegi with the letters scrambled, with an extra D and A thrown in. And they both are/were the Ultimate Lucky Student. And Nagito is by far the best in the group at solving the murders (almost in a "I've done this before" kind of way). There were a million signs pointing to that being the case, that was actually the biggest surprise in the game for me.

antibolo

Banned
Th eonly thing I was spoiled on was that Soda lived. I was searching for what items correspond to what characters for the free time events and I got to his page on the wiki and saw "status: living" and was pretty bummed as I was not a huge fan of his character at that point (after chapter 1). I realized it probably wasn't a good idea to keep looking and saved all of my items for Island Mode after I beat the game. Soda's free time events ended up being pretty good but his character got pretty insufferable IMO around chapter 4-5

Soda is definitely the Yasuhiro of that game. You spend the entire game hoping that he gets killed, but it never happens. Probably on purpose just to piss you off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I liked Chiaki too much to even entertain the idea that she could be the "traitor". I also assumed she would survive based on how she's basically the Kyouko of that game.

The funny thing is, I was actually spoiled by the Google autocomplete about Chiaki having an execution (typing a search for chiaki completed it with "execution", good job Google), but I assumed it was a Bad Ending sort of thing just like Kyouko. Which, ironically enough, only reinforced my belief that she would survive it all.

EDIT: Here's what happened:
2RiwCtR.png

NOBODY IS SAFE FROM DANGANRONPA SPOILERS ON THE INTERNET

DESPAIR
I had the EXACT same thing happened to me with DR1. I was trying to remember how to spell "Byakuya" so I typed it into the Chrome URL bar so autocomplete would tell me the correct spelling, and the second suggestion was "danganronpa byakuya execution", so I thought I had spoiled myself, but somehow I got lucky because it never happened.

MSMrRound

What'd you guys think of the executions for DR2? I thought they were kind of weak compared to the first game. Except Chiaki's, that one was pretty heart breaking.

Chiaki's probably the best. Mikan's the worst. I think most of us can agree on that.

Never. Ever. Touching
-Space Invaders
-Pacman
-Tetris

ever again.

Eh, some of it were still pretty despair-inducing though.

I was like "come on!" when Fuyuhiko got slashed as well (though he eventually survived). What got me was that Peko broke down and cried before the execution, when Fuyuhiko said that he only wanted her by his side, even though she said Monokuma wouldn't see tears of despair from her=/

As usual, first death can be quite brutal. I thought missiles were the end of it but NOPE~! How about a lava bath?

Gundham had like the most peaceful execution ever.

Top Bottom