• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

It's not really skipping anything.

Instead, the easiest difficulty mode makes it super easy to switch to Jill, letting you cheese through all the action instead of thinking about it.

Levito

Banned
Really? Why didn't they allow this for DR2's mini games. Argh

For DR3. they really need to beef up non-stop debates and interacting with the other panelists and do less mini games like Logic Drive and Hangman's Gambit.

Those mini games are the only big problem I had with DR2.

LiK

For DR3. they really need to beef up non-stop debates and interacting with the other panelists and do less mini games like Logic Drive and Hangman's Gambit.

Those mini games are the only big problem I had with DR2.

Yea, they ruined the pacing of the trials so much. Unnecessary padding.

carlsojo

How would a Danganronpa 3 even work, putting the basic outlines of the franchise/game design at work?

Well, off the top of my head, there are a few possibilities. One is an "off-brand" Hope's Peak Academy that poached Ultimates from Japan in like Europe in a converted castle or something. Late game you would find out that they weren't poached, and the academy isn't off-brand, they just pulled a select group of Ultimates for a "social experiment"... kind of like a Vault from Fallout.

Other idea would be a school trip to a ski resort in the mountains. You would access different mountains/peaks via ski lifts that were fixed as the game progressed. Late game you would find out all the students had been put into cryogenic stasis prior to the events of DR1/2 to protect them from Ultimate Despair and were released at the start of the game or something.

Basically though Junko/Makoto's "class" were Freshmen prior to the start of DR1... if they had been in school together for two years, then there should be a Freshman, Sophomore, and Senior class... plenty of "Ultimate" victims for a killing game. (I have no idea how high school works in Japan, so I don't know if they actually have four years of high school...)

Nyoro SF

Might have to do with the fact that she mentions various stuff that are relevant then said something that, when you think about it, doesn't fit with the previous statements/complaints.

I suppose. Still felt very flimsy though. Compared to DR1 with the
tracksuit color (which was a true critical mistake)
I feel like the error of "camera angle" in referencing a video, even if you haven't seen it, isn't really an error. Hell it doesn't even sound out of place.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm looking forward to the (Improved) Improved Hangman's gambit

D:
(improved) improved hangman's gambit is a top-down arcade shooter with bullet hell elements where you must shoot down incoming words that break up into a bunch of letters that you must collect in the correct order. once you complete a word you need to play a rhythm game while simultaneously dodging bullets to place the letters into the slots

although actually if DR3 randomly turned into an arcade shooter I wouldn't mind

JNA

Banned

D:

"DR3, now with Improved IMPROVED Hangman's Gambit. Now all you have to do is find same letter two times...twice! We also removed the crossword box so that you don't have to constantly look at the damn thing to remember what letters you have left to guess! Now you can just figure out the whole word by yourself without any hints whatsoever!

Also all the letters travel by the speed of sound. Have fun!"

I feel like if I could do the new Hangman's Gambit with a mouse it would have been a lot easier and not make me want to throw my Vita into a volcano.

Actually, one thing Improved Hangman's Gambit could be improved is if your cursor could go off the edges of the screen and come back on the other end, instead of having me run from one end to the other.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Get rid of damage from colliding letters & just have them pass over each other & it'll automatically be an improved Hangman's Gambit.

Seriously, it was impossible to keep track of all the letters flying around in Ch. 5 & ESPECIALLY 6.

Nyoro SF

Get rid of damage from colliding letters & just have them pass over each other & it'll automatically be an improved Hangman's Gambit.

Seriously, it was impossible to keep track of all the letters flying around in Ch. 5 & ESPECIALLY 6.

At least do something that makes it less likely for them to collide. That's pretty much all I asked for.

Or of course, replace it with a whole other minigame that's more fun and logic based.

(I'm really good at Hangman and guessed every answer properly but it doesn't matter much if I can't avoid taking damage at all lol)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's even worse when they're right near the edge & you can barely do anything because you either can't react quick enough or you can't see it. Even on Kind, it was frustrating getting a no-damage run on the first trial because I had to do both IHG about 4 times because of letter colliding near the edge.

Hell, bring back the original. That one was much more tolerable in comparison.

Nyoro SF

It's even worse when they're right near the edge & you can barely do anything because you either can't react quick enough or you can't see it. Even on Kind, it was frustrating getting a no-damage run on the first trial because I had to do both IHG about 4 times because of letter colliding near the edge.

Hell, bring back the original. That one was much more tolerable in comparison.

The original was sooo easy it was just Hangman though. If that's the case just let me input the letters on my vita keyboard :)

sub_o

D:

Improved Hangman Gambit 3.0.

Construct each letter by putting the strokes together.
Also, try to guess the answer without knowing the question.
Only rear touch is allowed.

(IMPROVED)

LX_Theo

Banned
I suppose. Still felt very flimsy though. Compared to DR1 with the
tracksuit color (which was a true critical mistake)
I feel like the error of "camera angle" in referencing a video, even if you haven't seen it, isn't really an error. Hell it doesn't even sound out of place.
Not really. She's listing off a bunch of items that have both been brought up and discussed in specifics. It sounded really out if place to me.

Nyoro SF

Not really. She's listing off a bunch of items that have both been brought up and discussed in specifics. It sounded really out if place to me.

Maybe if she had referenced an actual camera angle or position. Referencing "camera angle" in a video isn't very conclusive, but saying something like "how close it was zoomed in" or "how wide the shot was" is rather damning. Might've made it too easy though.

Checked the original Japanese and she does say "camera angle". Guess I don't have the proper logical experience cause it seems like I'm the only person objecting to this lol.

To be honest the only way I solved it was because in DR games one of the dead giveaways of breakable statements is that one is much harder to shoot than the rest due to it moving very fast or erratically. "Camera angle" is the hardest statement to strike in her testimony and "killer mistake" might be the most obvious pick-me-up truth bullet in the series.

I didn't really mind Logic Dive, I thought it was a decent way to show Hinata "getting an epiphany" and to see what direction the trial was about to turn into.

The showdown mini game I thought was really good, I thought the BTB replacement was better than BTB, and I loved that they added reinforcing other people's statements rather than only refuting.

The (Improved) hangman's gambit was a lot worse than the original though.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine DR3 will feature:

1. A variation of the Killing Game of some sort, but with more focus on non-stop debates and interacting with your classmates or partners.
2. The last of the Ultimate Despair will impersonate Junko and act as Monokuma (because he's the series mascot) in a last attempt to show the world despair.
3. The FF gets wind of it and midway though the game we see Usami/Monomi (beacuse she's the other mascot) back, with the eventual twist that she's controlled by one of the DR2 students, since they were the ones who knew them. Serves also as a heartwarming scene to the viewers to show that they eventually realized that Monomi wasn't that bad.
3. A definite ending that shows the world being rebuilt after Ultimate Despair is gone.

PK Gaming

I think i'd be ok with a reboot or a re-imagining for DR3.

I love the DanganRonpa 1-2 cast, but I really don't want to see them in DR3.

FluxWaveZ

3. A definite ending that shows the world being rebuilt after Ultimate Despair is gone.

And a few seconds after the screen fades to black as the white words "The End' fade in, quick cut to:
ixxzU1y8oGjMj.gif
"No, that's wrong."

I wouldn't mind a updated/reimagined port of DR1 for the hell of it, lol

Expand the free time, add more events, improve the trials, make worse improve the mini-games, add a pet, toss Monokumas everywhere, add more voice acting, change the survivors , add more homages to SDR2, etc, etc

It'll also give them time to develop DR3.

And a few seconds after the screen fades to black as the white words "The End' fade in, quick cut to:

"No, that's wrong."

And then Liquid Nagito has a fist fight with Makoto on top of a giant Monokuma using his Junko arm while all of the trial music from the entire series plays in sequential order, right?

FluxWaveZ

And then Liquid Nagito has a fist fight with Makoto on top of a giant Monokuma using his Junko arm while all of the trial music from the entire series plays in sequential order, right?

Yeah, and the ending sequence is Makoto laying flowers at Sayaka's grave, with Hajime appearing behind him and monologuing about the Ultimate Despair and hope. The game ends with Byakuya talking about how Makoto had a hard life.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, and the ending sequence is Makoto laying flowers at Sayaka's grave, with Hajime appearing behind him and monologuing about the Ultimate Despair and hope. The game ends with Byakuya talking about how Makoto had a hard life.

Then you go to GAF and see millions of threads about how DR3's ending ruined the franchise, especially Akane and Hiro getting married.

I said this before but I wish DR3 was just a ''reboot'' with whatever plot connections to DR1+2 being vague. Let something like AE finish the main ongoing story. Don't let DR3 be something completely different from the other 2.

Trigger

Oh hey, I can finally enter this thread now!

I liked DR1 more overall, but I still really enjoyed the game. I can hope DR3 is a little less ridiculous.

10/10 Would Buy

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I said this before but I wish DR3 was just a ''reboot'' with whatever plot connections to DR1+2 being vague. Let something like AE finish the main ongoing story. Don't let DR3 be something completely different from the other 2.

Another Episode is an interquel between 1 and 2, tho, and seeing how DR2 ended, there's still a bit of story left.

Then you go to GAF and see millions of threads about how DR3's ending ruined the franchise, especially Akane and Hiro getting married.

But then it wins every GOTY award regardless and spawns Danganronpa 4: The Spooky Ailment, which features Hajime's adventures in preschool.

Another Episode is an interquel between 1 and 2, tho, and seeing how DR2 ended, there's still a bit of story left.

Could have an epilogue post DR2 or something. Or just make a sequel to AE that finishes the story.

Anyway I just want DR3 to be a similar game to the first two.

Also if the villain in DR3 is Nagito posessed by Junkos arm I'm gonna hang myself.

Top Bottom