• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Steel

Banned
You know, one thing I thought would've made Hiro's title make sense, which they never touched on again, was that his "flunking 3 times" was actually in reference to their predicament.
Like he subconsciously realized that 3 years had passed, but couldn't make the connection, so just thought it'd happened in the past.

No, hiro is actually in his 20's. He flunked out of high school 3 times before getting to Hope's Peak.

So great to come here and see pictures of Junko again, she's my favorite girl of them all. I loved the english VA and I cannot believe that one of the VA who did her is the same that did Chie in P4G, which I hated.

Gazoinks

Yeah, but it was super duper important to know if that Kirigiri standing across the room in the class trial was a ghost or not. Super Duper Important.

Please, I'm trying to block that out of my memory

What if in DR3 it turns out Hiro was the mastermind the whole time. It's the only possible explanation for how he managed to survive.

Zephyx

So great to come here and see pictures of Junko again, she's my favorite girl of them all. I loved the english VA and I cannot believe that one of the VA who did her is the same that did Chie in P4G, which I hated.

I think P4G Chie's VA was good. Her depiction of Junko was better though.

I think P4G Chie's VA was good. Her depiction of Junko was better though.

Yeah, I understand, but compared to the japanese cast of P4 (not that I'm that guy who likes undub over everything, no sir), she's kinda meh.
Especially compared to the japanese Chie who did Naru Narusegawa.

However, she nailed Junko, I don't know if it is her but my favorite ones are the one with messed up hair and a monotone way of talking and the professor with the glasses.

Talking about Junko, I'm kinda in a dilemma. In a way, I want her to keep showing up, because I love that character. But I kinda also want her to go away, so that a new villain can appear and shake things up.

Fy9POwT.jpg

One of the best scenes in the game.

That's actually the entire point. Her FTEs explain she really doesn't give a shit about gymnastics. She's not passionate about it, she's just good at it. She only does it for money and and survival, like just about everything she does.

A person's talent don't define who that person is. I may be good at something but if I don't have a passion for that thing and it has no reflection on my personality, then it is largely irrelevant. It's very realistic to have people who's character isn't defined by their talent. That happens all the time in humans.
That doesn't mean it's not disappointing. Gymnasts are cool, it was a waste of a neat idea IMO. (And when you have a part like the should boost scene and you don't even reference it, that's just lazy.)

Erin Fitzgerald also played Genocide Jill, which means she was talking to herself for a while at the end of DR1.

Doujin, in general, would mean fan-work like fan fic, etc.
Doesn't have to be fap material...
I also hated that in the first DR some characters covered other talent stuff aside from theirs. Hifumi just should have been Ultimate Otaku. Another one that I remember is that Fujisaki's planned execution was about Mario, even when she isn't the
One of the best scenes in the game.
Yup.
Wait, there are people who don't like Kazuichi?

Souda_%2821%29.png
I was planning to post exactly the same when people started to complain about Kaz once again, haha. #KazuichiBestBro

Souda_%2821%29.png
More a general rule that I can't stand characters that blatantly fawn all over people that have no interest in them, it's meant to be comic relief but just comes off as annoying as it's always heavily overused. He was fine in Island Mode when none of the interactions involved Sonia.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
More a general rule that I can't stand characters that blatantly fawn all over people that have no interest in them, it's meant to be comic relief but just comes off as annoying as it's always heavily overused. He was fine in Island Mode when none of the interactions involved Sonia.

I mean, it was fine for Chapter 1 when they were still knowing each other, but he still behaving that way towards Sonia in Chapter 4, when it's clear she's attracted to Gundam, is just annoyin.

Moonlight

Banned

Souda_%2821%29.png
Sonia_%2816%29.png

Kazuichi sucks. His one accomplishment is being slightly more useful than Yasuhiro, but any positive gain from his character is vastly outweighed by the fact his primary character trait was his creepy and obstinate obsession with Sonia that he never, ever learns his lesson over. Why he lived and Gundham died will forever baffle me.

Sonia_%2816%29.png

Kazuichi sucks. His one accomplishment is being slightly more useful than Yasuhiro, but any positive gain from his character is vastly outweighed by the fact his primary character trait was his creepy and obstinate obsession with Sonia that he never, ever learns his lesson over. Why he lived and Gundham died will forever baffle me.
woulda been better if they both died and ibuki didnt...

PK Gaming

Sonia_%2816%29.png

Totally read this post with Nevermind's voice in mind, haha.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Sonia_%2816%29.png

Because Gundham is 10 times the man Kaz is.

Vylash

Sonia_%2816%29.png

Fo sho, this post is totes awesome

Sonia_%2811%29.png

I agree that they should have dropped the whole Miss Sonia thing earlier or at least accept it before the end, I still extremely found one of the most funny characters in the game. And his expressions are the best overall (along with Ibuki)
Best Bro willing to turn you in at a moment's notice to save his own butt
Well I remember someone said he was sorry in one of his Free Time Events.

Caladrius

Because Gundham is 10 times the man Kaz is.

These kinds of games always have the nasty dilemma where they have to make you care about the character's deaths but in order to do so they have to kill off most of the good ones.

Being a DR fan is despair incarnate.

Nyoro SF

Why are the surviving cast always like least interesting characters.

Byakuya, Toko and Kyoko weren't interesting characters?

Also Aoi might be a bit of a ditz but she did play important roles in several of the cases, especially with Sakura's. Pretty much the only one you might say is not interesting is Hiro but at least he's mildly funny when he freaks out.

Hiro was the only one in DR1 I didn't really like surviving until the end. In DR2, I was bummed Soda and Akane both made it until the end (although I was pretty sure Akane would after all the stuff with her and Nidai when he got killed).

Akane to me was too much like a worse Hina to last through the game.

Nyoro SF

I suppose I'll abandon the quote button.

If Toko is too gimmicky then every character is gimmicky and no one deserves to survive.

Byakuya, Toko and Kyoko weren't interesting characters?

Also Aoi might be a bit of a ditz but she did play important roles in several of the cases, especially with Sakura's. Pretty much the only one you might say is not interesting is Hiro but at least he's mildly funny when he freaks out.
hina gets underrated, she got genuinely good character development overcoming her fear

I will agree with the guy you quoted with DR2, I really didnt like the surviving cast much. Fuyuhiko was pretty great, and Sonia had become pretty awesome since chapter 5. Akane was awful, and soda was obnoxious. Overall I didnt really like the cast compared to the first one either.

Busaiku

Toko could've been alright, but her obsession with Byakuya pretty much become her defining characteristic after the 2nd chapter.
Especially in the latter chapters.

Vylash

Honestly I thought Toko's obsession with Byakuya worked simply because of their interactions and the way he was directly dismissive of her, way more bearable than Kazuichi/Sonia

i think i must've lucked out because i liked kyoko, byakuya, toko and hiro out of the 1 survivors and hajime, fuyuhiko and sonia out of the DR2 survivors a lot

basically i like most of the cast of the series

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Akane felt like deja vu after Hina, considering both were athletic, big-boobied, tan, food-obsessed girls that managed to survive the entire game. At the very least, Akane had some decent backstory with her FTEs and growing up, but yeah, I didn't really care for her. I didn't hate her, mind you, just....eehhh, I just wished she helped out a little more during cases. Hell, I was expecting something among the lines of them being related or something.

I'm just glad Fuyuhiko survived so we could actually give his new character traits time to develop, unlike Ishimaru's. At least Nekomaru survived a little bit longer in comparison after turning into a robot.

Top Bottom