• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Well she has to earn it first. The Ultimate Little Sister title is no joke.

It would be interesting if they ever go into how people gain their Ultimate titles.
I wonder if you get a plaque in the mail. Or a snazzy membership card.

For me, the worst title was Ultimate Clairvoyant. How can you be clairvoyant when you're correct 30% of the time only?
I guess the standard for psychic ability in DR world is pretty low.

Caladrius

I always found it funny that the ultimate clairvoyant seemed like a total stoner.

Well she has to earn it first. The Ultimate Little Sister title is no joke.

It would be interesting if they ever go into how people gain their Ultimate titles.

They might do it in side materials eventually. Not sure if they'd take the time out of a main game to do that, sadly.

what on earth does the Ultimate Little Sister even entail

It involves knocking on their sibling's door until 3AM.

Speaking of abilities, I'm pretty disappointed that some of the cast, like Akane, never even got to display their talents. With her especially, I feel like "Ultimate Gymnast" was something they just slapped on.

She should of been "Ultimate Eater".

I have a feeling that an Ultimate Lucky Student/Nagito would be a better fortune teller while guessing than Hagakure.
He does display some legit psychic ability in DR1, he just doesn't know it, and he obviously has no idea how to harness his ability.

Vylash

one of my dumb theories is that Junko implanted a small part of her consciousness into one or maybe all of the Remnants of Despair (Hajime excluded) and DR3 is about her controlling one of them

what do you guys think the lamest ultimate title of the series was?

i mean, ultimate clairvoyant is definitely in the running.
As I said above, Ultimate Little Sister. It's hilarious, but I don't understand how that can be quantified in any way.

Ultimate Clairvoyant would of been fine if the character wasn't a complete moron. Psychic ability is interesting IMO.

Vylash

Ultimate Affluent Progeny and Ultimate Clairvoyant are stupid as hell, all of the others excluding Lucky Student are legitimate talents

Ultimate Clairvoyant would have been a cool title if you know the guy had at least a passing rate of success.

Ultimate Fan Wank Work Creator is up there. Not because I hate the guy Because I hate the guy.

Speaking of abilities, I'm pretty disappointed that some of the cast, like Akane, never even got to display their talents. With her especially, I feel like "Ultimate Gymnast" was something they just slapped on.

She should of been "Ultimate Eater".

He does display some legit psychic ability in DR1, he just doesn't know it, and he obviously has no idea how to harness his ability.
That's one of the reasons I hated Akane that much. If you're gonna waste an Ultimate talent on a character who acts nothing like that, who ends up surviving, don't let it be something cool like Ultimate Gymnast. And it shows since she's the only character in the cast who is like that (and Hiyoko too I think).

I do remember he telling Naegi that their children would share the same mother.
And that ends up happening in the bad ending lol

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

I'm sorry, but Ultimate Doujinshi Artist is not a good talent in any way, unless you really want your fap material to be of the highest quality.

That's one of the reasons I hated Akane that much. If you're gonna waste an Ultimate talent on a character who acts nothing like that, who ends up surviving, don't let it be something cool like Ultimate Gymnast. And it shows since she's the only character in the cast who is like that (and Hiyoko too I think).
I wasn't expecting to care for Akane that much, but she grew on me, but I agree that the Ultimate Gymnast talent was completely wasted on her. They could of done some cool stuff with that, but it ended by being almost completely meaningless. (Beyond some off-hand mentions in her FTEs.) The part where she hoists Hajime up on her shoulders would of been the perfect opportunity, but instead they just made more sex jokes.

Well from the first game we have the Super Duper Prick Ultimate Affluent Progeny not even try and use the Power of Money in any meaningful way.

To give just a little credit to Hiyoko, she does do some 'dance' in one of the CG events. If you can really call waving a fan up and down in a kimono a dance.

Isn't Fuyuhiko's sister the Ultimate Little Sister or something like that? I guess you can give that title to her.

When I read that title the first thing that came to my mind was "My Ultimate Little Sister Can't Be This Dead" >.>

Hope's Peak staff member: "You, you're now the Ultimate ________. Now shut up and join this high school"

Clov

one of my dumb theories is that Junko implanted a small part of her consciousness into one or maybe all of the Remnants of Despair (Hajime excluded) and DR3 is about her controlling one of them

I hope not. I was fine with her returning in DR2, since it really fit the idea of breaking away from ones past that the game keeps going back to. Even if they found another way to bring Junko back again that worked, I'd still be disappointed since it's already been done. DR3 needs a new mastermind.

Now Alter Ego they can keep bringing back as many times as they want. That was one of my favorite surprises in this game, even if it was just a small part.

I wasn't expecting to care for Akane that much, but she grew on me, but I agree that the Ultimate Gymnast talent was completely wasted on her. They could of done some cool stuff with that, but it ended by being almost completely meaningless. (Beyond some off-hand mentions in her FTEs.) The part where she hoists Hajime up on her shoulders would of been the perfect opportunity, but instead they just made more sex jokes.
Should have been Ultimate Boobs.
Well from the first game we have the Super Duper Prick Ultimate Affluent Progeny not even try and use the Power of Money in any meaningful way.

To give just a little credit to Hiyoko, she does do some 'dance' in one of the CG events. If you can really call waving a fan up and down in a kimono a dance.
Yeah I hated that in the first game too. Specially when Celeste's execution didn't feature anything related to gambling. And I haven't seen any of the extra events, gonna change that soon.

PK Gaming

Haha, that scene was so funny

Me: Oh, so this is when she shows off her Ultimate Gymnast talent, right? Right?!?

Akane: Gimme a boost Hajime!

Oh...

Rubedo

It involves knocking on their sibling's door until 3AM.

So Anna from Frozen?

That's actually the entire point. Her FTEs explain she really doesn't give a shit about gymnastics. She's not passionate about it, she's just good at it. She only does it for money and and survival, like just about everything she does.

A person's talent don't define who that person is. I may be good at something but if I don't have a passion for that thing and it has no reflection on my personality, then it is largely irrelevant. It's very realistic to have people who's character isn't defined by their talent. That happens all the time in humans.

Vylash

this might make zero sense but i think Akane being the Ultimate Gymnast despite actually giving zero shits about gymnastics and not developing her skills at all kinda makes her the best Ultimate

Drago

I really like Sonia, don't get me wrong,
image.php

;)

Rubedo

this might make zero sense but i think Akane being the Ultimate Gymnast despite actually giving zero shits about gymnastics and not developing her skills at all kinda makes her the best Ultimate

In the sense that she doesn't really put any importance on being talented and just does whatever like she was a normal person? Yeah I agree. Though Makoto was kinda like that too.

That's actually the entire point. Her FTEs explain she really doesn't give a shit about gymnastics. She's not passionate about it, she's just good at it. She only does it for money and and survival, like just about everything she does.

A person's talent don't define who that person is. I may be good at something but if I don't have a passion for that thing and it has no reflection on my personality, then it is largely irrelevant. It's very realistic to have people who's character isn't defined by their talent. That happens all the time in humans.
Meh, doesn't do anything for me. Wasted Ultimate talent. If they wanted to go that route at least give her a lame Ultimate talent.
Leon in the first game was executed better that way imo

Rubedo

Meh, doesn't do anything for me. Wasted Ultimate talent. If they wanted to go that route at least give her a lame Ultimate talent.

I think it'd be too predictable to make everyone's story role something to do with their talent every single time. Like I said, talents don't define people. I'd rather them focus on character than talents.

Except in certain instances, the talents are mostly inconsequential.

petghost

Banned
guys DR3 ultimates just got leaked.

ultimate guy who talks like a pirate

ultimate nearsighted student

ultimate falling down stairs student.

Steel

Banned
When they got an Ultimate Clairvoyant with only 30% of succes rate I doubt it's that difficult.

He was technically the ultimate scammer, he made tons of money off his predictions if I recall. Then spent most of it on his crystal ball. I think that deserves recognition. Still wish he died in DR 1.

Weiss

Banned
I'm sorry, but Ultimate Doujinshi Artist is not a good talent in any way, unless you really want your fap material to be of the highest quality.

It's not really a matter of good talent or not, it's just that in the sea of wannabe doujin creators, Hifumi was the absolute best: Nerd to a crystallized form. That's what Hope's Peak was all about. That's why you get Ultimate Idols, Ultimate Prefects, and Ultimate Gang Leaders.

I think it'd be too predictable to make everyone's story role something to do with their talent every single time. Like I said, talents don't define people. I'd rather them focus on character than talents.

Except in certain instances, the talents are mostly inconsequential.
Hmm, I see your point. The only other example I can see in DR2 is that you would expect the Ultimate Mechanic to be smart but Kazuichi is the opposite, and maybe Hiyoko but it's more about her appareance than her talent. Still, would have liked her more if she used her talent a few other times even if she didn't like it or if she was given another talent.
He was technically the ultimate scammer, he made tons of money off his predictions if I recall. Then spent most of it on his crystal ball. I think that deserves recognition. Still wish he died in DR 1.
That makes sense. lol
It's not really a matter of good talent or not, it's just that in the sea of wannabe doujin creators, Hifumi was the absolute best: Nerd to a crystallized form. That's what Hope's Peak was all about. That's why you get Ultimate Idols, Ultimate Prefects, and Ultimate Gang Leaders.
He wasn't arguing about that, he just answered to a guy's question about which talent we think is the worst.

Gazoinks

Haha, I forgot about that part. One thing I want from DR3 is the removal of the "ludicrously stupid person" archetype both of these games had. Although I guess Akane's sort of in between Hiro and Hina on the IQ chart. No one's as dumb as Hiro. And I liked Hiro!

Haha, I forgot about that part. One thing I want from DR3 is the removal of the "ludicrously stupid person" archetype both of these games had. Although I guess Akane's sort of in between Hiro and Hina on the IQ chart. No one's as dumb as Hiro. And I liked Hiro!

Yeah, but it was super duper important to know if that Kirigiri standing across the room in the class trial was a ghost or not. Super Duper Important.

Jintor

Akane and Kaz were splitting the Hiro between them, thankfully. At least Akane's gut instinct was often right and Kaz had actually valid things to be freaked out about

Akane and Kaz were splitting the Hiro between them, thankfully. At least Akane's gut instinct was often right and Kaz had actually valid things to be freaked out about
One of the things I liked about Kaz, is that despite the fact that he was pretty stupid, he turned out to be very succesful most of the times.
This calls for an Ultimate Ghost Hunter.
The whole Ultimate Detective thing was a fake, Kirigiri's true "???" talent was the Ultimate Ghost all along.

Jintor

Also at least he was actually competent with his ultimate ability too, lol.

Not like mr 30% of the time it works 100% of the time jackass

Busaiku

You know, one thing I thought would've made Hiro's title make sense, which they never touched on again, was that his "flunking 3 times" was actually in reference to their predicament.
Like he subconsciously realized that 3 years had passed, but couldn't make the connection, so just thought it'd happened in the past.

Top Bottom