• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Guys I just realized

Ibuki is the only girl we don't get any fanservice of

let's think about that for a second

x1gDjXu.jpg

I dunno, those are some legs you can somewhat seen

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, and that.

It's a bonus scene you get in Chapter 3 if you talk to Ibuki at a certain time with a specific present in your inventory. It shows her, some of the other girls, and Nekomaru(!!!) in yukatas at the beach looking at fireworks.

Hm, is there a list of these bonus scenes and how to get them?

Caladrius

Anywaaaaaay

Do people think DR3 will have the same structure as the previous two games?

Cause hope.

9p8pqdz.png

This is despair given form

And it's not even of my favorite characters.

Actually you would know where to find that kind of despair. You should show me.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's a bonus scene you get in Chapter 3 if you talk to Ibuki at a certain time with a specific present in your inventory. It shows her, some of the other girls, and Nekomaru(!!!) in yukatas at the beach looking at fireworks.

She asked me about the CD, then I bought it and nothing prompt :/ Guess I missed my chance cause then she went and dieded :/

Anywaaaaaay

Do people think DR3 will have the same structure as the previous two games?
I hope it's similar, but not exactly the same. There is definitely room for improvement regardless.

I'd love an adult cast next time.
(That'll never happen.)

She asked me about the CD, then I bought it and nothing prompt :/ Guess I missed my chance cause then she went and dieded :/
If you didn't have it when she asked, it's already too late. Most/all(?) of the presents required for the bonus scenes are available in the vending machine, but the price is steep there. You can always replay the chapter to see the scenes, they're all during the Daily Life sections.

Vylash

Aside from the survivors of DR1 and the 15 Ultimate Despairs that are in the island, all students from Hope's Peak Academy died, right?

Don't think we know that for sure, though there is a huge hierarchy of the Future Foundation that we don't know about and it might be conposed of more Hope's Peak students, but getting us to connect with them especially when they wanna kill the last set of characters we got attached to might be difficult

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If you didn't have it when she asked, it's already too late. Most/all(?) of the presents required for the bonus scenes are available in the vending machine, but the price is steep there. You can always replay the chapter to see the scenes, they're all during the Daily Life sections.

Yeah I figured as much. Didn't have any Monocoins when she first asked. I only got to give Mahiru the camera.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Since Chiaki wasn't a real Ultimate, I wonder how the original Ultimate Gamer from the Academy was.

Maybe they'll retcon it and say there REALLY was a Chiaki Nanami who was the Ultimate Gamer that was Chihiro's friend who is now dead, and that's who the AI was based on.

Gazoinks

It'll still probably be a killing game (really my main worry about DR3 is how they'll squeeze in another one without it feeling awkward), but knowing this series they'll probably mess with your expectations as it goes along. What if you play as Monokuma.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Makoto and friends return to main protagonist status for the third game. Seems like where it might be leading?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Makoto and friends return to main protagonist status for the third game. Seems like where it might be leading?
Ugh, only if Byakuya & Hiro get murdered for real. (Sorry Feep!) Makoto can bite it too.

A mix of old and new characters could be interesting, but unless you get to see my beloved DR2 cast (sans the trash) rehabilitated, I'd rather it be an all new group, with some sassy guest appearances by former participants.

FluxWaveZ

I'd prefer it if Danganronpa didn't have to be a series that was dominated by its past entries or stories, but could be more like Ace Attorney or Persona, where fundamental concepts are maintained between games, but any number of stories can be told.

Rubedo

I can't imagine DR3 being anything other than a murder mystery.

I mean has any series completely changed genres from one main numbered title to the next? The closest I can think of is Fallout and they were still RPGs.

Vylash

okay then, if it's canon then Makoto's sister most definitely has to be involved with 3 in some capacity, maybe fine some way to make her an ultimate of some sort

No, just the Reserve Course students.

We don't know the fate of the entire student body of the actual Hope's Peak, but I'm sure a lot of them died.
Don't think we know that for sure, though there is a huge hierarchy of the Future Foundation that we don't know about and it might be conposed of more Hope's Peak students, but getting us to connect with them especially when they wanna kill the last set of characters we got attached to might be difficult
Ah gotcha. So they can continue with the killing games of Ultimates if they want to.
Maybe they'll retcon it and say there REALLY was a Chiaki Nanami who was the Ultimate Gamer that was Chihiro's friend who is now dead, and that's who the AI was based on.
I can definitely see them doing that.

Rubedo

okay then, if it's canon then Makoto's sister most definitely has to be involved with 3 in some capacity, maybe fine some way to make her an ultimate of some sort

I don't see why she needs to be an Ultimate. Just let her be a part of Future Foundation with the rest of the them.

As long as they keep the trial sequences (and improve the elements of them that sucked), I'm cool with whatever for DR3. While I would like a more adult cast, I don't see them moving beyond high school, and I don't think they really need to either. It's kind of a part of the DNA of the series at this point.

Top Bottom